The online racing simulator
lol i never noticed that before lol
Juts got this while i was messing around. I left the pits, tryed to drift hitted the wall, and got this error... i was in the drivers view. Not chase when it happened
Attached images
imagem.JPG
Quote from _rod_ :Juts got this while i was messing around. I left the pits, tryed to drift hitted the wall, and got this error... i was in the drivers view. Not chase when it happened

time to update ur GFX card drivers or a GFX card altogether
#79 - VoiD
TBO/KY2:

Noticed some weired crackling sound when you go near to the walls.

Happened when on Heli- and Tv-cam, but not on cockpit- or chase-view. Sounds like some faulty echo/reverb.
It could be a clipping problem based on your speakers/computer's individual volumes, if it's not an actual LFS issue. Check your volumes and make sure they're not too high to take the additional sound volume added by the reverb/echo effect.
#81 - VoiD
My setup is still the same. Not even touched the volume. The only change is the upgrade from Z6 to Z8...
Quote from Nitrous13270 :I was driving on Blackwood Reversed with RB4 in auto gear. I was at gear 3, applied brake, and pressed shift down during midturn and somehow the car went into reverse all of a sudden, skipping 2nd, 1st, and neutral gear. I'm using a MOMO steering wheel with paddles to shift btw... not an H-Shifter.

since it happened when your were both cornering and braking at the same time, and it did not happen before, my hunch is it might be related to the implementation of the new ABS? (not sure how)

Robt - did this happen to you before ABS was introduced to LFS?
#83 - robt
happened for about 2 years now
Quote from R3DMAN :just to add on my previous post..

the following should have (if real cars and imo) standard solid discs

UF1
XFG
XRG
LX4
LX6
RB4
FXO
XRT
FZ50
BF1

the rest should have the racing spec ones.

just my opinion of cause.

Just is ok in the way is now

IF you dont like the new Breake disc
Donwnload another texture and replace it and done

Why so much problem for something so insignificant
I'm surprised the GTRs aren't using the drilled disc. Why are the TBOs the only ones using the drilled disc?
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I'm surprised the GTRs aren't using the drilled disc. Why are the TBOs the only ones using the drilled disc?

Scawen said that drilled disc could break on racing usage, and creamic disc or carbond disc are not drilled.
Minor cosmetic issue:

Although new indicator lights have been implemented on the speedometer for the headlights, pit lane speed limiter, traction control, etc., the virtual clocks mode does not reflect this new feature.
I am currently on Z4 and Apparently its not online compatible:
Upgrade to Z8, problem solved... Sometimes previous test patches are not compatable with more up to date ones..
Quote from mathew4445 :I am currently on Z4 and Apparently its not online compatible:

Quote from mathew4445 :I'm not an idiot, Please think before posting - The thread title is Test Patch Z8 - online compatible (no VW). Some people only update servers for this reason.

Seeing that you said that you were using Z4 client, I think he made a valid comment. The Z4 client is has now been made obselete, it had bugs and also had ABS in the XFG, it was made obsoloete on purpose.

All the Z dedi servers are still compatible, it's the client Z4,5 that was made incompatible.

Hope you understand what I mean.
Quote from JasonJ :Seeing that you said that you were using Z4 client, I think he made a valid comment. The Z4 client is has now been made obselete, it had bugs and also had ABS in the XFG, it was made obsoloete on purpose.

All the Z dedi servers are still compatible, it's the client Z4,5 that was made incompatible.

Hope you understand what I mean.

No, You didn't make a valid comment.

How do you get its become obsolete, Z4 was compatible with a Z host.

So, if you cant work it out, Z host had no ABS, while Z4 had abs on cars, So there would be no reason why Z4 would not be compatible with Z8.

Like i said, Think before you post.
I assume they were made obsolete because of the OOS bug - one person with the wrong setup running Z4/5 could force several others to loose connection to the server at the same time. As this bug was fixed in a later version, it makes sense to make the old ones incompatible.
A lack of ABS in the XFG is unlikely to be the reason - you can't post hotlaps in the test versions anyway.
Quote from Degats :I assume they were made obsolete because of the OOS bug - one person with the wrong setup running Z4/5 could force several others to loose connection to the server at the same time. As this bug was fixed in a later version, it makes sense to make the old ones incompatible.
A lack of ABS in the XFG is unlikely to be the reason - you can't post hotlaps in the test versions anyway.

This is the response I was looking for. Thanks for clearing that up.

@Scawen: Would it be possible to add next to the Z4/5 info that they are obsolete? Just to avoid confusion.
#95 - Gunn
Quote from mathew4445 :
Like i said, Think before you post.

You should take your own advice. These are test patches. The idea is to help Scawen to troubleshoot issues so that he can make a stable patch. If you aren't using the latest test patch then you can't be sure that a particular issue still exists anymore. Therefore, every time a new test patch comes out the older test patches are superceded. If you want to help with the test patches, use the latest one. It's been updated for good reasons, which should be obvious.

The responses you received were valid. People trying to help you. You were rude.
hmm not sure if this is a hardware or lfs problem. in cockpit view the mirrors work but viewing the mirrors from outside it is black. I have a EVGA GeForce 9800GT with the latest drivers. I have the same error in Z as well as Z8. I think the mirrors from outside worked when I had the nvidia geforce 5600. Reason I think its a bug because mirrors work just fine in interior but not outside. Though I will try a different driver later to see if it can be fixed. Anyone else with same problem?
Quote from KanseiDneova :hmm not sure if this is a hardware or lfs problem. in cockpit view the mirrors work but viewing the mirrors from outside it is black. I have a EVGA GeForce 9800GT with the latest drivers. I have the same error in Z as well as Z8. I think the mirrors from outside worked when I had the nvidia geforce 5600. Reason I think its a bug because mirrors work just fine in interior but not outside. Though I will try a different driver later to see if it can be fixed. Anyone else with same problem?

that's not a problem, it's just that LFS never had mirrors in the external view...
#98 - feat
Quote from Scawen :Some bugs I have been dealing with are specific to individual computers.

YOU are testing it for me. What on earth do you think a "test patch" in a "Patch TEST Forum" is?

If you don't want to test, please wait for the official version. It is quite ridiculous to complain that I'm asking people to test a shadow bug that is specific to their computer and does not appear on mine. This forum is for a minority of our users who wish to test things to help me get them right.

No offence, sorry.
#99 - JEP
I think i found a little bug in patch Z8, look at the picture and the trees:

Quote from JEP :I think i found a little bug in patch Z8, look at the picture and the trees:

Low resolution trees, I think is not a bug
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z8 - online compatible (no VW)
(172 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG