The online racing simulator
If i'm not wrong, then for me Z8 is ok. No problems with shadows so far. Thanks Scawen!
Quote from Scawen :I don't know, I just did what I could do quickly.

I'm about to stop working for the year so I am just trying to leave you with a stable test patch.

May I ask, will you release the VWS and the stop working or how?
Wait wasn't this the Z7 thread a minute ago. Lol producing test patches at the rate of 2 every 10 minutes.
Quote from Scawen :Err, no : http://www.lfs.net/

It says VWS is about to be released early in 2009 and you said you will stop working for a year so if I understand correctly, the VWS will be released after 1 year?
-
(BurnOut69) DELETED by BurnOut69 : unnecesarily harsh
Quote from Flame CZE :It says VWS is about to be released early in 2009 and you said you will stop working for a year so if I understand correctly, the VWS will be released after 1 year?

He's stopping work for this year, i.e 2008

He's not taking 2009 off
Early in 2009 - in first months of 2009
Quote from Flame CZE :It says VWS is about to be released early in 2009 and you said you will stop working for a year so if I understand correctly, the VWS will be released after 1 year?

He is not stopping working for 1 year, just stopping work for this year
Internet is so slow...
Quote from Bean0 :He is not stopping working for 1 year, just stopping work for this year

Oh god, sorry to all, I just read "for a year" instead the, sorry. :spin:

He means he is stopping working for 2008
Very fast patch day today Scawen. =)
#38 - feat
Guys, could you just work till you check no mistakes or something ?
I mean, patches are coming minute by minute ..
He said he would stop working for the year and we are into the last month of the year. So he will take a well earned break for the christmas period and then start working again in 2009.
This is a problem that i saw in patch Z7 i don't know if it would be any different in Z8 and I have no idea how to recreate this.

Happened to be watching someone elses tire temps when i saw this. The tire temps were flickering from orange back to the actual temps back and forth. If this is a known issue sorry.
Attached images
tires.jpg
tires2.jpg
Quote from thatguy :This is a problem that i saw in patch Z7 i don't know if it would be any different in Z8 and I have no idea how to recreate this.

Happened to be watching someone elses tire temps when i saw this. The tire temps were flickering from orange back to the actual temps back and forth. If this is a known issue sorry.

errr... aren't the orange tyres displayed when the ABS kicks in? I can't see a bug here.
#42 - robt
that "orange flickering" is the ABS
Edit: too slow
I get this sound error as soon as I boot Z8 up

Sound error (Play:B -2004287465),
and then this when I'm actually in a race:
No sound (Play:Z -2004287465)

Specs:
T570 Intel Dual Core
9500 GeForce
4GB Ram

BTW would it make a difference that I'm on battery power atm?
#44 - robt
tried the re-initialize sound button? (Ctrl n something, cant remember)
Quote from robt :tried the re-initialize sound button? (Ctrl n something, cant remember)

Just booted LFS up again and sound is fine

I'll post again if it happens again
Quote from J@tko :Just booted LFS up again and sound is fine

I'll post again if it happens again

Are you running Vista? I get those errors if I disconnect my speaker plug and plug in my headset while LFS is running. I need to restart LFS to get the sound working properly again.
Quote from amp88 :Are you running Vista? I get those errors if I disconnect my speaker plug and plug in my headset while LFS is running. I need to restart LFS to get the sound working properly again.

Yah I am. Headset was plugged in all the time
Thanks Scawen. You deffinetly deserve a nice relaxing break! Also, I have a question. Do you plan on adding more real life vehicles to LFS in the future?
Quote from feat :Guys, could you just work till you check no mistakes or something ?
I mean, patches are coming minute by minute ..

Some bugs I have been dealing with are specific to individual computers.

YOU are testing it for me. What on earth do you think a "test patch" in a "Patch TEST Forum" is?

If you don't want to test, please wait for the official version. It is quite ridiculous to complain that I'm asking people to test a shadow bug that is specific to their computer and does not appear on mine. This forum is for a minority of our users who wish to test things to help me get them right.
Scawen, when a translator made an online update to the translation, will you be noticed about it? I'm asking because Victor and you had a different answer for it and if I have to inform you about new updates or not.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z8 - online compatible (no VW)
(172 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG