The online racing simulator
Race Center Event
(136 posts, started )
Quote from Bob Smith :From reading their site/forums, it still seems they're still only using GPL. :|

They have done LFS Lan partys there before...
GPL is still a great sim wish I could join you guys, hope you have a good day.
Quote from Bob Smith :From reading their site/forums, it still seems they're still only using GPL. :|

A grid of 65s at Monza would be a great race, even for those who've never driven GPL before.
#79 - bozo
Quote from tristancliffe :Bozo + 2 kids = 3 spaces.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. Just 1 space, the kids aren't race drivers (yet!).

Last time at the venue there were a couple of simulators set to test a different game. My kids had a go on those when nobody else was using them. They'll be fine to just watch, and have a go on a separate machine if any were available on the day.
Thanks for clarifying bozo! You and nihil now added, with Becky as first reserve at the moment.

I'm going to book tomorrow, using the majority vote for the date (with my vote being the Sunday day, and me having an additional deciding vote if it comes to a draw). So if you want to influence the date then post please.

Apologies again, in advance, if I book something that means you can't come. It's not easy pleasing everyone... I rarely manage it
Majority vote? There's still no poll. Or are you just reading posts and making your own notes?
I've been reading posts. No point having a poll unless everyone who's on the shortlist votes on it before tomorrow. But feel free to add one if you want something to do
Quote :It's not easy pleasing everyone... I rarely manage it

Now there's a refreshing change, a man who's honest about his prowess.
I would vote for a Saturday in late January if possible.
Ok slight update. Slightly iffy about making it because, having bought a new bike, I'm not sure I can afford the insurance for it. I'll see what I can do but I'm making no promises. If it's within a week of the event and I still don't have cover I'll back out. Hopefully I can get it all sorted before middle of January time.
#86 - bozo
Sunday is much better for me.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Ok slight update. Slightly iffy about making it because, having bought a new bike, I'm not sure I can afford the insurance for it. I'll see what I can do but I'm making no promises. If it's within a week of the event and I still don't have cover I'll back out. Hopefully I can get it all sorted before middle of January time.

If you cant go because you cant get there. Let me know, i'll take you if I go.
Only just seen this, definitely interested, would have to be a weekend if in January though
Quote from mcgas001 :If you cant go because you cant get there. Let me know, i'll take you if I go.

Cheers Sean. I'll see what goes down.
Hey. I liked that place the last we went there. Is he willing to load up LFS again? Tristan, if you get any pullouts and I have the weekend free from daughter and work, let me know. I'll pop down for a day's worth of racing against you nutters.

*edit -

Just read up on the dates. That sat 25th looks promising. But i do need to check with mother of child. We havn't sorted out the rota for next year yet. I know your full atm, but if you coul put me on the reserve list that would be great.
Hey ho. Any chance of a confirmed date before the year is out, Tristan? Would be nice to know what I'm doing when next year as I've other events to book in! Cheers.
I was wondering the same thing, so I'll shamelessly bump the thread a little.

Personally I'm thinking the later the better for this one. I've got a few committments scattered through January now.
I would like to come down & race against you guys. Would it be possible to catch a lift with anyone driving down from the north or the midlands. (i could be at a motorway junc holding a cardboard sign to make it easier M42/M40 even M5) + I would put some juice in the tank for your troubles.
If it's Saturday the 25th, I should be able to make it. Insurance has been arranged, waiting for it to arrive so I can tax my bike, then I need to get it restricted, which should hopefully be done before the 20th (at the latest - waiting for my old insurance money to come through)
Doh looks full =)

I had fun when Bob put this on. The wheels are abused from constant use but still fun to play LFS with the BRD pedals and projector screens.
Tristan, any ideas on the exact date yet?

Also, do we know if it's gonna be LFS or GPL? If it's the latter, I may have to dust the CD off, install it and get practicing
Finally they got back to me.

"Hi Tristan,

Yes we can do the 25th for you.

It will be for up to 20 drivers, do you know how many will be coming? You will need to allow three hours for your event depending on driver numbers, what time would you like to arrive?

Regards"

I'm thinking the afternoon would be better, say arrive around 1pm. That would mean we finish around 4 and can do what we like until we decide to go home or whatever.

All those that can do the 25th please let me know so I can confirm numbers. Sorry it's ended up so short notice.
Quote from Minimaxman :Also, do we know if it's gonna be LFS or GPL?

I'd still like to know this too. I'm sorting out travel arrangements with fel and it would be nice to know what we'd both be doing out long journeys for (admittedly his is much further, but it's still a 13 hour round trip for me).
25th is fine by me. GPL is fine by me too.
Quote :Tristan,

No problem, it is booked for you - January 25th, 1pm. Booking confirmation to follow.

So some have been before eh!!!! Lets make it interesting then. When we have people who race regularly online etc, coming to The Race Centre they get all excited about which car, track, set up, wind direction and god knows what.

What I suggest is for you to give me an idea of what you would like in terms of cars and circuit and leave the details to us. Three reasons for this 1. You will be forever trying to get 20 people to agree 2. Some will go away and practice like crazy before the event 3. The element of surprise and anticipation is delicious! Many people just ask for the fastest F1 car we have, which is very good in terms of realism and difficulty but to be honest the racing is not great. At the other end is racing mini's at a tight circuit - which is tremendous fun.

Event wise you could easily run a 2 hr endurance event with fuel stops / tyre changing etc, though I think your guys would prefer a more traditional grand prix heats format with head to head racing.

Let me know your thoughts (requests) and we will do the rest for you.

On their website they list some popular tracks:

Dijon-Prenois, Silverstone, Goodwood, Kyalami, Monza, Mosport, Rouen, Spa-Francorchamps, Suzuka, Thruxton, Watkins Glen, Mexico City, Donington Park National, Snetterton, Zandvoort, Monaco, Laguna Seca, Nürburgring, Brands Hatch GP, Lime Rock Park, Clermont-Ferrand, Imola, Edmonton, Sport Relief Special, Test Track - April, Silverstone GP 2008, Budapest GP 2008, Interlagos, Donington Park GP.

They claim to have many more (circa 800 in total) tracks.

Not found much in the way of cars, though I did find this page (but not a link to it, I just tried cars.php) that lists some GPL cars. Any ideas what type of cars we'd want?

Input please, or I'll have to choose something entirely at my own discretion, which you'll probably complain about

Race Center Event
(136 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG