The online racing simulator
Race Center Event
(136 posts, started )
Quote from tongey :Depending on date, I would definately be up for this

Jan is good although cannot do weekends of 17th & 24th

Would you be the teammate Jason referred to, or another SR member in addition to?
#27 - Jakg
Quote from [DUcK] :Pussy

Bearing in mind I haven't even passed my test yet - it would be my first ever motorway drive...
Share a car with me then!
#29 - Jakg
181 miles of Tristan with no Proton to keep me sane?

No thanks!
181 miles of Radio 2

As a new driver you won't totally understand how crap Protons are, and how almost any other marque will do a 600% better job at keeping you sane
#31 - Jakg
As an old driver you won't understand how much I love my first car, esp as it's the sort of thing that everyone hates when it's actually quite good compared to what my friends have :P
Quote from tristancliffe :Would you be the teammate Jason referred to, or another SR member in addition to?

More than likely in addition to
Quote from Jakg :As an old driver you won't understand how much I love my first car, esp as it's the sort of thing that everyone hates when it's actually quite good compared to what my friends have :P

I love my car and I've never even driven it yet (I failed my first test)!
I know exactly how you feel

[Edit to get back on-topic]
Yay, racing. GPL and stuff. Woo.
Don't think anyone noticed...
Quote from Jakg :As an old driver you won't understand how much I love my first car, esp as it's the sort of thing that everyone hates when it's actually quite good compared to what my friends have :P

See that's strange, I only bought my first car back in the summer, and it's a love/hate relationship. I love the fact I have a car and am driving, but freely admit it's a bag o' shite. On the plus side, I've not been bothered when I drove way too close to a wall and put the mother of all scratches down the passenger side, buckled a wheel by driving into a kerb, scratched the bonnet up while cleaning the windscreen, had the window put through and the interior beaten up by a drunk yob with a bat, and various other scrapes the car has had to endure. In that sense, I love it for being what it is, as I don't care whenever I brake bits (not that I do so intentionally, I'm not an idiot, these things just happen as a newish driver).
#35 - Jakg
Maybe it's because of my age - who knows. But this year lots and lots of people in my year are getting their licenses/buying cars. Admittedly, my car isn't exactly gonna set the world on fire, but it's different, doesn't look that bad, and isn't really slow at all compared to what other first cars people have - plus it has a lovely driving position and feels much more fun than the instructors Fiesta...

Only draw back is that it's a bitch to work on (i.e. on a 306 to take a speaker out you pull the grill off with a screwdriver, then just undo the screws - on mine you need to take the door trim off!)

@ Dajmin - Bad luck Got mine in 8 days and I *WILL* pass.
@ Tristan, Tongey was one of my teammates I was referring to, but there could be Mark (my brother) and Kayjay. You have met all of us a few years back. I will let you know asap.
I'd love to give it a go.

I can do any time after 4th Jan
Ok then Tristan, please can you put all 4 of us down, Mark will be dragged along whatever he says
I'm interested in coming! However just as for everyone else it very much depends on which date is decided. Still, traveling from Gothenburg to Eastleigh seems to be a heck of a lot easier/cheaper than traveling to Newcastle (Cheers, Ben!), so I'll defintely be there if the date works out for me. Some time in January seems reasonable. Preferably a weekend.

(PS, if someone traveling from/past London has room in his car please step forward!)
Ah crap. If felplacerad is coming over again, I have to be there. A good thing my holiday gets reset in January, as I'll need some to come down now, seeing as sometime in January is looking very much on the cards.

Although I'll be driving almost the entire length of the A1, I'll probably be driving down the day before, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to give anyone a lift on the way. While I don't mind strangers crashing a night at my place, my parents might not feel the same way.

Thomas - chat to me on MSN, I'll be driving past London Heathrow, if that's where you would fly to, and depending on how long you're planning to stay in the UK, I might be able to help you out.
Ah man, felplacerad is coming? And Bob?

If they're going, I'm going (if Tristan lets me). It was great to race some of you guys at Bob's meet in the summer. BTW I may be able to put up a driver or two overnight as i live in Wiltshire, just up the road. Note the 'maybe'!

Can't believe felplacerad will come (again!) from Gothenburg for this. You're properly dedicated to your racing man. Respect.
If I was going to make it I'd offer a lift. But would you want to be in the car with a new driver on their first motorway journey...?
Tristan, you can take off my teammate as you have all the names now
#44 - Jakg
I'll tell you what - If I pass my test, and I can make it through the MOT without loosing too much cash i'll come.

Put me on the "maybe" list, but it'd need to be free that day - and to give you an idea of all the days I'm free:
http://www.upload3r.com/serve/271108/1227798442.png

EDIT - And yes I know I broke the forum layout. And no, I don't care.

EDIT #2 - Actually I have about 3 "weeks" (aka 2 days) of holiday saved up for work so far so if a date was decided far enough in advance I could probably make myself free for it. But only at weekends...
Well spotted!
#46 - Jakg
This looks fun:

And how is that even vaguely difficult? If you can drive then you can get there
#48 - Jakg
Country Roads > Motorways, but like I said if you can set a date I'll see if I can go :P
If I'd passed my test (and knew I could afford the fuel) I'd be more than happy to drive that distance. I really don't get what the problem is with motorways - you're going to have to use them eventually and it might as well be in a situation where you can make your own time rather than when you're rushing for something.
The first time I drove after passing my test was a trip to Runcorn from London. I was surprised how easy it was, once you're comfortable changing lanes in heavy traffic. Motorways are simple compared to driving round town.

Race Center Event
(136 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG