The online racing simulator
Does your g25 do this?
(17 posts, started )
Does your g25 do this?
Hi all

Guys for a while now on my g25 shifter if you put it into second it either dosnt go or goes into forth this is becuase the leather stuff slides down preventing you from getting all the way into 2nd is there a way of stopping this?
#2 - Nicce
Quote from apollo1600 :Hi all

Guys for a while now on my g25 shifter if you put it into second it either dosnt go or goes into forth this is becuase the leather stuff slides down preventing you from getting all the way into 2nd is there a way of stopping this?

sometime has the same probb..
but its on 3th for me.
know a few in DB to who has the same probb in getting the gears in to place..
yea, my 2nd is 3rd in LFS and 3rd is 2nd in LFS.

I have no idea how it hapened and i tryed to fix it but no luck.

But iv had it long enough to get used to it
On the top of the leather cover there should be a little plastic ring underside the leather, check if it has come loose and slipped into the shifter mechanism. If it did just take apart the top and reattach it to the leather or remove it completely. To do that just remove the plastic cap from the gear knob so you can access the screw underneath, then after removing the knob undo the six screws around the leather to take it off.
Quote from 91mason91 :yea, my 2nd is 3rd in LFS and 3rd is 2nd in LFS.

I have no idea how it hapened and i tryed to fix it but no luck.

But iv had it long enough to get used to it

Emmm... You should check how they are set up in the controller gears section, only way that could happen I think is that they are assigned wrong way in LFS.
Mine used to but once the leather was broken in it stopped. It starts to flex better.
Does that to me sometimes (although not as much as before) when I put it into 5th it sometimes drops into 3rd or detects 3rd and I do feel kinda like rubber is stopping it or something...
#8 - !RAM!
does that to me, i've lost races because of it :*(
#9 - kompa
it's a common g25 problem that has been fixed (i think) in the newer version. i had the same thing but it was related to the potentiometers. sometimes they just got moved around (i like to shift with violent force) and there really was nothing i could do about it. a 2 year warranty combined with superb logitech customer support is the best fix unless it's the rubber (fingers crossed).
Quote from BigPeBe :Emmm... You should check how they are set up in the controller gears section, only way that could happen I think is that they are assigned wrong way in LFS.

i have checked how its setup and its setup the way it should be.

Iv assigned each gear to the right gear in LFS but it still selects the wrong gear

IS there something wrong with the wiring? Maybe reinstall drivers or something else?
Quote from 91mason91 :i have checked how its setup and its setup the way it should be.

Iv assigned each gear to the right gear in LFS but it still selects the wrong gear

IS there something wrong with the wiring? Maybe reinstall drivers or something else?

Assign them wrong in game and see if that fixes the issue.

The only problems with my G25 so far are the accelerator feels like the spring is broken so I get very little feel and in sequential I must have damaged it as it has started to double shift, which sucks as I was getting used to it and was getting faster lap times than flappy paddles.

I think it is out of warranty now, which sucks.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :in sequential I must have damaged it as it has started to double shift, which sucks as I was getting used to it and was getting faster lap times than flappy paddles.

I've read on a review that it's because the paddles are on the same sheet of metal, so if you shift strong and release it too quick, then it creates a small shockwave in the paddles which might be strong enough to touch the button inside, and double shift it.

Try to keep you hand on the paddle when you're releasing it
There's a broken wire inside the shifter. The potentiometer for the horizontal movement will have a broken wire to it. It's happened to mine, my brothers and a friends. Same wire too, the black one.
Quote from Zen321 :I've read on a review that it's because the paddles are on the same sheet of metal, so if you shift strong and release it too quick, then it creates a small shockwave in the paddles which might be strong enough to touch the button inside, and double shift it.

Try to keep you hand on the paddle when you're releasing it

I'll have to keep an eye out for that when next time I set up my wheel. Thank you kindly.
Fix the rubber? :shrug
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Assign them wrong in game and see if that fixes the issue.

The only problems with my G25 so far are the accelerator feels like the spring is broken so I get very little feel and in sequential I must have damaged it as it has started to double shift, which sucks as I was getting used to it and was getting faster lap times than flappy paddles.

I think it is out of warranty now, which sucks.

In sequential it uses the pot-meter on the right side of the shifter stick. This is held in place by a slot in a metal plate that keeps the whole stick in place and allows for the H pattern. The problem you're describing is because the slot in the metal plate is a bit larger than the pot-meter. You can open the shifter pod fairly easily (couple of screws and the leather and it opens right up), and put some paper or something in between the pot and the metal plate (make the pot sit tightly towards you, so it's slightly tilted towards the movement of the upshift).

If you don't feel comfortable opening it up without knowing what you'll find... Check here: http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=299371

I've performed more than one mod on the shifter (currently making a G25 Pro wheel mod with 14 buttons on the wheel, including an LCD screen for outgauge), and they're all pretty much without too much risk. Some are a bit harder to do than other, but they all work after a bit of fiddling around with rubber and plastics.

Does your g25 do this?
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG