The online racing simulator
Need more S1-S2 race servers
(11 posts, started )
As a new S2 driver, I have to say it feels refreshing to race on new tracks with new cars after years spent on BL with XFG and XRG.

Every evening since purchase I have joined one of the B2R Rotate servers, especially the TBO one. What makes me sad and a little worried is that there is nowhere else to go if you want to race. There are several cruise servers with rather high popularity during whole day, but it looks like people are not interested in competitive racing anymore. What do you think about it? What makes people play "GTA style" or just hanging around instead of racing against others? As I said, I am new to licenced driving, so I might be missing something.
Uhmm Probably a good idea to start one..?
Currently there are 278 licenced hosts online according to LFSW,so NO - we don't need more servers,they are already there. The problem is - they're not populated and noone (I bet,including you) wants to join a server with less then 5 drivers on it. So currenlty the best solution for competitive racing is organized events - at specific time people join and race.
For pick up racing seems like there's not much choice except join populated servers or join an empty one (and maybe invite few pals too) and hope for others to join. Shrug
Quote from Eclipsed :Currently there are 278 licenced hosts online according to LFSW,so NO - we don't need more servers,they are already there. The problem is - they're not populated and noone (I bet,including you) wants to join a server with less then 5 drivers on it. So currenlty the best solution for competitive racing is organized events - at specific time people join and race.
For pick up racing seems like there's not much choice except join populated servers or join an empty one (and maybe invite few pals too) and hope for others to join. Shrug

This. No point creating more servers, unless they offer some unique features with InSim or something. The real problem is that people don't want to join empty servers, understandably. It usually takes a bunch of people to join an empty server and make it appear on the server list, so more people can notice it and join. But for most people it's just boring to stay and drive around on an empty server.
amen to that
Quote from Flame CZE :The real problem is that people don't want to join empty servers, understandably.

Yes it is "understandable". But also mistaken.

For a server to be populated, someone first has to join an empty server. If someone can explain to me how a server can be populated without someone joining an empty server, I would like to hear it!

I can say that there are new people, online usage is increasing for the last few weeks, due to the closure of pereulok and the lower price system. This can be seen in LFS World history. So, keep it up, get online and join the type of server you want to race on even if it's empty and of course if there is only one brave soul there, join that person and start racing! He or she is waiting for you!

Obviously we devs need to release more stuff, etc, etc, but that is not the point here. The point here is, people do want to race, but there are too many people saying "I want to race but there aren't enough people online". Seriously, if you want to race, get online! Big grin
I remember similar situation in old days in organized races - before the race in server are sitting 5 racers,practicing chatting,etc... Then one joins,says "if there aren't at least 10 others,I'm not racing" and leaves. During evening before the actual race there were more then 10 others,who joined,looked what's going on and left,most likely with same idea in head. If everyone had stayed,everyone would get their more populated race,but many expects everything to be already very populated...
With simple words - from nothing comes nothing. If you want something,you have to be part of it!
Quote from Scawen :Yes it is "understandable". But also mistaken.

For a server to be populated, someone first has to join an empty server. If someone can explain to me how a server can be populated without someone joining an empty server, I would like to hear it!

I can say that there are new people, online usage is increasing for the last few weeks, due to the closure of pereulok and the lower price system. This can be seen in LFS World history. So, keep it up, get online and join the type of server you want to race on even if it's empty and of course if there is only one brave soul there, join that person and start racing! He or she is waiting for you!

Obviously we devs need to release more stuff, etc, etc, but that is not the point here. The point here is, people do want to race, but there are too many people saying "I want to race but there aren't enough people online". Seriously, if you want to race, get online! Big grin

This question comes out of nowhere, but when you decide to have a race or two? =) Sure, I know, there is work after work, but you do need to sleep sometimes too, so why not having some racing there too? Smile
Quote from Scawen :"I want to race but there aren't enough people online". Seriously, if you want to race, get online! Big grin

They do but everywhere else but LFS. This is how online communities work, a selective group of people decide what they do (leaders), followed by others. And these others attract again others, which, you might guess.. Attract another group of others.

But, leaders don't see potential anymore in Live for Speed. Not talking about myself now, I am talking about the aliens, the racing teams, the racing legends. Logical, it is the last eight (!) years the same old story. The focus the very last years wasn't even on content anymore but unexpectedly on a very expensive niche VR market. At the same time the concept of online racing the last years became more and more common, there are a lot of new environments to choose from if you fancy some online racing and sadly it is not Live for Speed. Yes, LFS has pretty realistic car handling, even with the stone age tire physics but people want to drive real cars, real tracks and not having the idea they drive on the surface of a snooker table. (Ever tried AC? At least you get the idea you drive on a road surface there).

If no major content changes are going to take place (cars/tracks/tire physics) this situation as what is happening the last years will stay. Only keeping a handful soon-is-something-big-going-to-happen believers, behind. And cruisers, cruisers are OK.. But not really the real deal, they think driving towards each other is a good idea.
Quote from cargame.nl :...they think driving towards each other is a good idea.

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I literally laughed on that pretty hard
1. LFS is great for people with outdated computers
2. LFS is great for people with the latest hardware and VR headsets
3. ????
4. Profit

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG