The online racing simulator
"Wrecker Barricade"
(199 posts, started )
Quote :survival of the fittest lol

yeah, LOL. hilarious. ROTFL. almost pissed my pants...

i really hope most of the servers join that barricade thing. good work guys
luckily for us, the definition of fittest, also includes intelligence as one of the criteria. sorry chaps, looks like you wont survive
Back to the system btw guys, lol... how do you want it working, supply the ukct system with your details, or download an "api" which our server will interact with to initiate bans

again - PM SamH or leave reply here

ta - Mike
from me for the people involved in creating this system!
erm, yeah ... as much as I enjoyed he conversation , I would really like to bring something up again that has been said in a much earlier post:

Is there a way for ppl to find out which servers are actually participating in this great "wrecker barricade"? And if not, do you think it would be appropriate to just publish the server names somewhere, so everybody who's interested can look them up? What was suggested earlier was that there should be a tag within the server name or a message on connecting to it. As for the first option, I'm not sure if all server owners would want that. And the second one I find not too helpful since I would like to know beforehand if I'm connecting to a wrecker-barricade-server or not. A list somewhere would be fine imho and it shouldn't be too hard to do, should it?

thx for your great efforts and keep up the good work
#81 - SamH
I read your post and thought that it would be a really good idea.. went off to design a barricade logo (attached) and then thought.. "wait a minute, we can't display graphics in the server list!"

I wonder if a (B) or (iB) at the beginning of the server name might do it?

[EDIT] Attached the .ai file in a zip for skinners and website devs
Attached images
Barricaded.gif
Attached files
Barricaded.ai.zip - 598.7 KB - 283 views
yup as a quick reference thats a good idea sam. Also tho when the system is pretty much completed, we will publish a list of participating servers (that wish for the barricade to be announced that is). Also, with regards to the workings we think we have found an ideal solution. There will be 3 ways in which you can apply a ban from the system;
1. Our API will login to your server via Insim and apply the ban for you when you click the button.
2. We will supply you with a page you can install on your own space to do the same thing, but you can store your admin info safely in that so we cant see it. Our system will then send your page the commands for it to forward to Insim.
3. We will add an interface that builds a ban list for you as you select ban member. It will then ask you to feed it your existing ban list, It will add the new bans on, then supply you with a new downloadable ban list with old and new bans.

This sound ok to you guys?

ta

Mike
You came up with that logo in 47 minutes? (or were you referring to the earlier post? that wasn't me, though). That logo looks really cool and if not for the server list, it could still be used for participating team-websites, car-skins and whatnot to advertise the idea. I would gladly update my skins with it. Maybe even with a slogan in front: Keep your server [logo]. Thus saying: "Keep your server barricaded". Or just "keep it barricaded". As for the servers: iB in front of them would definitely do it for me, but the server owners would have to decide, of course.

Anyway, I'm glad the idea didn't go unnoticed and am awaiting the outcome .
Quote from DanISTheMan :thats all good, do what you must. if your going to be that...whats the word... unreasonable, then fine, not like i have much options really. unfortunate how the human race is becoming. cya.

HE is being unreasonable? YOU think it's unfortunate how the human race is becoming?

:ices_rofl illepall illepall illepall illepall illepall illepall illepall
Quote from mkserve :2. We will supply you with a page you can install on your own space to do the same thing, but you can store your admin info safely in that so we cant see it. Our system will then send your page the commands for it to forward to Insim.

Perfect.
#86 - SamH
Quote from Linsen :You came up with that logo in 47 minutes? (or were you referring to the earlier post? that wasn't me, though).

I came up with that one in about 15 mins, after reading the original post (which yours reminded me of). Adobe Illustrator is a joy to use, and quick to deliver!
Well we could use the iB thing also in the skins to help advertase more the barricade, im sure my team mates wouldnt mind it, also can we start using the iB in the server, or should we wait ?
#88 - SamH
Quote from _rod_ :Well we could use the iB thing also in the skins to help advertase more the barricade, im sure my team mates wouldnt mind it, also can we start using the iB in the server, or should we wait ?

Great ideas all of them! I'll be adding the logo to our skins. I love the "Keep Your Server [logo]" idea, so I'll be using that I think.

I can't see a reason not to identify servers as barricaded.. I say go for it! I'll be adding (iB) to our servers as soon as each one of them empties. I can't effect the change without closing and restarting the dedi server application, I don't think. Or can I?
#89 - th84
Yea, i think you would have to restart for it to take affect. You could go ahead and change them though, and restart later.

I've added the (IB) to our's, i'll restart it when it empty's.
#90 - SamH
Done job.. only 2 servers haven't yet been restarted, and they're full of folks at the moment. It'll be pretty cool to see the barricade prefix in the list of servers.. the public-facing united front! Yay!
#91 - SamH
Quote from mkserve :There will be 3 ways in which you can apply a ban from the system;

All of these ways are entirely optional, incidentally.

The particular aspect Mikey's working on is specifically for the purpose of accelerating and easing the process of applying bans, where required. When we roll out the new and improved system, it'll be both informative and really simple to use
please how does one get on the mailing list to recieve the reports? I admin over 5 servers and would like to have them wrecker-free...
Send a pm to SamH with a e-mail (so he can send the replays to you), and im sure he will include you on the list.
#94 - SamH
^^^ What he said

As for anyone who admins (S2) servers, I just need an email address for notifications to be sent to, and you'll be included in all future reports
Sam and others,

vMax are interested in using this "barricade" for our server. Could you please let me know how we can sign up for this?

Just can't seem to find a link.
#96 - SamH
Quote from Chris_Kerry :Sam and others,

vMax are interested in using this "barricade" for our server. Could you please let me know how we can sign up for this?

Just can't seem to find a link.

Hi Chris.. check PMs
#97 - SamH
File Handling on the Barricade Report Form
Just a quick note for barricaders, the form now handles and differentiates between MPRs and ZIP files submitted for evidence, and provides a download link accordingly.

Until now, the report form has assumed that files submitted would be straight MPR files, and in the process of managing the file at the server side would assign the file extension ".mpr" regardless of the file attached. However a couple of times in the past (including the most recent report you should have received), reporters have submitted files in compressed ZIP format, and those files have of course been unreadable by LFS.

The form now accepts files ONLY if they are in MPR or ZIP format. If a file is submitted in any other form, the report will be successful but the file will be automatically erased by the server and the report you receive will state that a file was submitted and was subsequently removed from the report.

If you were unable to review the MPR last submitted and hadn't figured out why, rename the file to a .zip file and you should then be able to extract it. There is an MPR inside

Thanks to Mikey (mkserve) for writing up the revised file handling code!

Sam
After Reading this idea at first, thinking it was rubbish (Yet needed). After reading the scum that call themselves wreckers post, I see that peoples attitudes really do need an adjustment, but I have 1 Question; What if I have a friend over who INSISTS on online driving, and I tell him to drive properly, he says sure, then I go to 7/11 for a coke, and discover he's been wrecking the whole time, Can I get Unbanned or do I have to suffer and/or use my alternate account for his retardedness?
#99 - SamH
It is indeed a fine question. First response has to be to go read here, before considering letting someone else sit unattended at your PC and in charge of your LFS licence... http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=150565#post150565

On the wrecker report form, there is an option to request an unban from server admins. It's entirely up to the server admins to decide if they want to hear your plea.

I can only speak from the ukct.net servers' perspective, and certainly wouldn't presume to answer for anyone else. So, with that made clear..

We've received several requests for unbans in the past. Some have resulted in REDUCED ban durations, some in COMPLETE unbans and some haven't got a look in. One guy pleaded innocence, blamed a kid at a party for the wrecking, and would have got an immediate unban when he appealed, if he hadn't happened to wreck me several days after getting banned on OUR servers, while I was racing on someone else's.

If you wanna be sure, lock up that PC. You're entirely responsible for your own S2 licence, and just as in every aspect of LFS and in life as well, we are all responsible for both our actions and also our failures to act.
Server name from replay
Had a look at the multiserver reporting form , and it ask which server the incident took place on.

If looking back at .mpr , how do you find out which server it was?

week old replay cant remember the name

"Wrecker Barricade"
(199 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG