The online racing simulator
Music in cars
(7 posts, started )

Poll : Like this idea?

Yes
No
It could be improved (explain please)
Music in cars
I think it would be nice if there was a moderated system where players could upload mp3s to their LFS account or somewhere, get them approved, and be able to play them in their car. It could be turned up high enough for other players to hear or just themselves. What do you guys think?
altough nothing related for simracing, somehow I give a big +1, even I won't would use it.

ingame radiochannels and playlists.
You can already set up music to play while in car.

Options/Audio

then you have choices of

Music in Setup screens
Music while racing
Music during replays

Pick an ingame Channel (1, 2 or 3) - in this case, Channel basically means which radio station you want playing.

Look at bottom right of screen and you will see a button called Channels - click it, and it takes you to a screen where you can pick music and set music per channel.

Any music you want in there, save as OGG music file in your LFS data/ogg directory.

Easy enough finding mp3 to ogg converter to download.

Or if all that is too much work, play your mp3's on your pc or audio equipment in background while playing LFS.

To be honest, last thing I would want is to have to listen to other peoples music blaring from their cars while racing. I've almost given up watching youtube movies because of the awful music people use as background. Especially true for drift videos.
Quote from sinanju :You can already set up music to play while in car.

Options/Audio

then you have choices of

Music in Setup screens
Music while racing
Music during replays

Pick an ingame Channel (1, 2 or 3) - in this case, Channel basically means which radio station you want playing.

Look at bottom right of screen and you will see a button called Channels - click it, and it takes you to a screen where you can pick music and set music per channel.

Any music you want in there, save as OGG music file in your LFS data/ogg directory.

Or if all that is too much work, play your mp3's on your pc or audio equipment in background while playing LFS.

To be honest, last thing I would want is to have to listen to other peoples music blaring from their cars while racing. I've almost given up watching youtube movies because of the awful music people use as background. Especially true for drift videos.

What music you prefer then?
Quote from sinanju :You can already set up music to play while in car.

Options/Audio

then you have choices of

Music in Setup screens
Music while racing
Music during replays

Thumbs up
You don't need such a system unless you specifically want to share your music with other people. Music is however mostly copyrighted intellectual property and you cannot distribute it without explicit approval from the copyright owner. I cannot see how LFS devs would get that, not to mention that recording companies would most likely require LFS to have some advanced DRM to prevent unauthorized distribution of the music.

From the player's point of view I also don't see why would I even want to listen to a LFS Radio DJ rather than to my own stuff.
Quote from MadCatX :From the player's point of view I also don't see why would I even want to listen to a LFS Radio DJ rather than to my own stuff.

+1

Music in cars
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG