The online racing simulator
Quote from Specht77 :I mean that in first person, your screen will turn 90º then 180º (patch X), or 45º then 90º (patch E) when pressing E then E + W

but your head ingame will turn what it turns on this video

this is configurable through the View settings. But by default its like that. I have set mine to 60 so it goes 120 when pressing both keys.
I know this isn't a request thread, but I have one request hopefully you will consider implementing it, since its not that hard and yet can be very useful.

Long story short I need command for joining server by hostname, like when you use /joinhost Blackwood XFG XRG it will start joining process to that server.
I made some menus for entry screen that contain buddies online (set them in config file) and favorite hosts (by time spent there), and now I would like to make direct joining to server like from LFSW (using join: links opens new LFS instance which isn't really what I want). You can see in attachment example of menu.
Attached images
lfs_00000055.jpg
Quote from daniel-cro :i know this isn't a request thread, but i have one request :d hopefully you will consider implementing it, since its not that hard and yet can be very useful.

Long story short i need command for joining server by hostname, like when you use /joinhost blackwood xfg xrg it will start joining process to that server.
I made some menus for entry screen that contain buddies online (set them in config file) and favorite hosts (by time spent there), and now i would like to make direct joining to server like from lfsw :d (using join: Links opens new lfs instance which isn't really what i want). You can see in attachment example of menu.

+1
#104 - kdo
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :I know this isn't a request thread, but I have one request hopefully you will consider implementing it, since its not that hard and yet can be very useful.

Long story short I need command for joining server by hostname, like when you use /joinhost Blackwood XFG XRG it will start joining process to that server.
I made some menus for entry screen that contain buddies online (set them in config file) and favorite hosts (by time spent there), and now I would like to make direct joining to server like from LFSW (using join: links opens new LFS instance which isn't really what I want). You can see in attachment example of menu.

i agree
This menu Multiplayer, between servers list and join a specific server.
Yeah, maybe its place is more in multiplayer, but reason why I used entry screen is because you can detect if user is in entry screen via InSim (Flags in IS_STA), otherwise you should use command/keypress... to bring menu at front. Also entry screen has much more free space for menus.

Sorry for offtopic.
-
(felito7) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
(HenkkaWRC) DELETED by Scawen : reply to now deleted spam
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :
Some annoying bug
Im tracing one nasty bug for a long time. unfortenutly no exact way to reproduce it, but here are some things I noticed when it was reproduced
-lose connection/timeout from server
-rejoin server (and in order to reproduce it your connection should be really laggy, like when Im downloading torrents+uploading to dropbox without any bandwidth limit)
-then start SHIFT+J (multiple times), and it takes few seconds to actually join because of lag
-and when you join, your setup seem to be corrupted, it isn't the one you selected to be, but some crazy suspensions... also some time ago I went to leave pits with XFG, same thing happened and suddenly I was at XRG with same corrupted setup.

here are local logs when this bug is successfully reproduced:
20:55:24 Lost connection to host //lost connection due to lag
20:55:41 Autocross : 1 checkpoint //rejoined
20:56:14 Avoiding multiple join requests //shift+j,...
20:56:14 Avoiding multiple join requests
20:56:14 Name is already used
20:56:15 Garage : data\veh\XR GT.veh
20:56:15 daniel-cro^L left the pits (XRG)
20:56:15 Warning : Rallycross tyres on road track
20:56:15 /autoclutch 1
20:56:21 daniel-cro^L already has a car //this message seem to be a key of bug, whenever i see this bug i also see this message
20:56:28 daniel-cro^L voted to RESTART

Happened to me just now in 0.6E10 on singleplayer, so looks like its maybe not related to lag at all.

I found some more threads about that corrupted setup bug:
FOX has MRT setup
setup bug
Possible setup bug, may or may not relate to z15.
2 Strange bugs
LFS Engine Bug after crash

It's not like it rarely happen.
utterly awesome
This is awesome! Can I just make a request to enable trackir when using the rift? That would enable position tracking using lots of devices, and would enhance experience (for now).

Still sitting in the cockpit of a single seater in LFS made me talk to myself. Utterly awesome experience!
TIR doesn't really help the Rift, because it can't keep track of your head after 150 or so degrees.
Thera are software simulating using trackir (opentrack) It lets you use the razor hydra as a tracking device for the missing oculus positiontracking...
Well the Hydra is a completely different beast to TIR, Hydra doesn't use very limiting infrared for tracking like TIR does.

Anyway, the consumer Rift version is planned to have 6DOF, better to just wait for that than make some glitchy temporary hack for the dev kit.
-
(radebe13) DELETED by dekojester : spam
-
(Dennis93) DELETED by Scawen : reply to off topic post
-
(A M R) DELETED by dekojester : not related to test patch
This is now my best Rift experience and has gotten me back into car sims, Thanks soo much!
E12 - DirectX 9
EDIT : SECOND TEST (E13) IS NOW AVAILABLE - https://www.lfsforum.net/showt ... php?p=1842227#post1842227

Here is the first test of the DirectX 9 version. I'll just post it here at first, and if it seems OK after a few people have tested it, I'll update the first post.

Changes from 0.6E11 to 0.6E12 :

LFS now uses DirectX 9 instead of DirectX 8.1 (no visual changes)

FIX : Mirror texture is now 32-bit (as it was until recently)
FIX : Suspension view in garage did not work in 3D modes

IMPORTANT : KNOWN ISSUE!

After you start LFS, you need to go into Graphics Options and make sure "Haze effect" is switched ON (the default setting) before you try to enter the game. Switching off the Haze effect causes a problem when LFS tries to create the vertex shaders.

DOWNLOAD :

TEST PATCH 0.6E12 (if you already have 0.6E) :

EDIT : SECOND TEST (E13) IS NOW AVAILABLE - https://www.lfsforum.net/showt ... php?p=1842227#post1842227
Hmm the first difference I see is that the frame limiter does not seem to work. Looks like V-sync is on no matter what.. LFS reports 59/60 FPS all the time...

V-sync off and no limiter results also in 59/60 fps.
Works for me fine.

I noticed that V-Sync is active in windowed mode (even when disabled). Full Screen allowed my GPU to flex its muscle (400 FPS!).
I may have found a little oddity. The FOV in helicopter view seems different with 0.6E12. Anyone else noticed this?
Attached images
view 0.6E.jpg
view 0.6E12.jpg
Win 7 64bit
Unable to run LFS_6E12.exe, d3dx9_43.dll not found.
Try to reinstall application, to fix the problem.
I don't know if i have DirectX 9 installed, I didn't install DX8 either, but LFS works OK.
Tested with some replays and OBS (open broadcaster software) which didn't want to pick up LFS without dx8 to dx9 converter beforehand.

Everything seems to work as expected.
There are a few minor issues.

First off, on the multiplayer & singleplayer lobby screens, the rotating car (top right) has a strange FOV setting and also has no graphical enhancements (AA etc). The same problem occurs on the garage screen.

I am also getting the view problem mentioned in post 116 and can replicate the VSync issue.

Apart from that it runs perfectly.
I did a quick test with the WINE 1.7.11 and opensource drivers on Intel HD3000 and Radeon 6400M. As far as I could see there were no problems.

Quote from Simpson :Win 7 64bit
Unable to run LFS_6E12.exe, d3dx9_43.dll not found.
Try to reinstall application, to fix the problem.
I don't know if i have DirectX 9 installed, I didn't install DX8 either, but LFS works OK.

You'll probably have to install the latest DirectX 9.0 runtime.
Quote from mbutcher :There are a few minor issues.

First off, on the multiplayer & singleplayer lobby screens, the rotating car (top right) has a strange FOV setting and also has no graphical enhancements (AA etc). The same problem occurs on the garage screen.

I am also getting the view problem mentioned in post 116 and can replicate the VSync issue.

Apart from that it runs perfectly.

It's because of this:
Quote from Scawen :That is true but that is only in the menu screens. The in game render (of world and cars) is not affected. Because the background is now drawn in a different way (so that it can be rendered as a 3D thing after the main draw) that means that 3D objects (cars / drivers) can't be drawn after the background. So the 3D object is rendered onto a render target texture and that is added to the 2D draw. So the problem is the old problem... for some unknown reason, Direct 3D will not perform antialiasing when rendering to a render target texture.

I see. Maybe.

Also, the masthead still says 2002-2013
Did some testing, all seems good.

As mentioned, my game is also v-synced, even if it's turned off.
I'm using Flame's LFS benchmark instructions; http://lfsbench.iron.eu.org/?c=instructions

And I measure a big big improvement concerning framerates (in full screen mode of course). Can somebody acknowledge this?
Quote :
2014-01-20 19:00:22 - LFS_6E12
Frames: 10310 - Time: 108780ms - Avg: 94.778 - Min: 59 - Max: 129

2014-01-20 19:03:24 - LFS
Frames: 7542 - Time: 108483ms - Avg: 69.522 - Min: 43 - Max: 102

Difference: +36%

Starting grid: 65 FPS instead of 50 FPS

This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6E8 (now E14 - DirectX 9 + 3D / VR support)
(405 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG