The online racing simulator
Sync problem :/
Hello, I am currently testing the 3D mode on HDMI Samsung TV. I have really annoying problem with synchronisation, 3D just doesn't work properly - even with my right eye I can see a little bit dimmed screen for the left eye. It is probably synchronisation problem, but how to fix it?

I am running it on max details, tested fps without Vsync and even on busiest times I have fps over 70 (usually above 150).

I have tried turning on and off Vsync, fps limiter, turning off and on TV 3D mode but still nothing :/
Hi, thanks for the testing.

Can you give us some more information?

- what kind of 3D TV is it? (active or passive)
- which type of 3D mode are you using? (side-by-side / top and bottom)
- have you checked that the TV is working with other 3D content? (if you haven't used that recently)

The side-by-side (SBS) or top and bottom mode must be set the same in LFS as on your TV (sometimes an option). The synchronisation should be controlled by your TV, which should create the 3D image from the LFS side-by-side image.
Fail
Oh sorry... I've found out why it was broken - SCALING of the gpu. Default it was about 10% - i had dark spaces on the sides. Then I set it in desktop to fit my screen (6% or so). The bug was present. But when I moved to 0%, All desktop stuff (icons, background) are too big for my screen. However, LFS runs fine (I can see everything) and the 3D is working (+/-). I have Samsung Smart TV from about 3 years ago, using active (i suppose, those recharging glasses from samsung). I was watching Dr. Who in 3D, runs perfectly. Used side-by-side half. I'm sorry for alarming. I feel really embarrased. That scaling is thing for another forums, though :/ Good luck with work
just more testing and info
just another info: when I turned off 3D, even in LFS I had edges off the screen (same like in desktop). Samsung UE37D6500, GPU ATI radeon HD 5600. Maybe specifical incompatibility of ati cards :/

In 3D mode I was kinda unable to get things right, I have tried to move with sliders: first -set horizontal screen to 820 (my size), but even with moving second slider (can't remember name), everything had "ghosts". I've tried to have clear picture, but it was impossible (focusing inside mirror - best set at width 1300, focusing outside - 8000). Hovewer, it may be due to lack of space between me and tv (37" TV with barely 2 metres of space).

Hope that at least some info would be helpful
Thanks, DeeKay. I have not had much feedback from 3D TV users, so it's useful.

- In the TV/monitor/projector 3D mode, the 2D interface buttons should all appear to be exactly at screen depth (visible without flicker even if you remove the glasses). This must be the case or the other settings will not work.

- The horizontal screen width is intended to match the actual width of your screen, measured with a tape measure.

- Interpupillary distance should be the same or less than the distance between your pupils. If the setting it is more than your real interpupillary distance then you should have problems focussing. Better to have this one slightly smaller than your real interpupillary distance.

- Then I would say that sitting quite near your screen should be a good idea, because ideally you should set the field of view in LFS to be as near to the true field of view as possible, so the depth effect looks near to real.

- Looking in the mirrors is not really good at the moment. They just appear to be like small LCD monitors, not 3D like a real mirror at all.
Okay
I've tried it with that exact value of my screen width;
to the text: it was with no flickers when I set that up
and that mirror, i meant it that i was looking at the edge of the upper mirror inside (not in reflection inside);
FOV has no impact on "ghosts"
the problem is, when I set the closest thing to appear well, further objects are really distorted (tree near racing track has 2 ghosts with width of one tree); then when I tried to focus on the road (car view on Blackwood straight, looking from the start of straight, at the bridge) whole interior was "unlookable - huge ghosts"

And a little report of the bug - XRT on blackwood track, it might be just messed texture in my LFS, but it looks like shadow problem - Left eye shows shadow on the different side of A-pillar than Right eye - while in 3D, shadow disturbingly flicks from top of the left window to the left of the front window.
That's all for now
Thing about scaling personaly I'd say is more up to the TV.
For example I have two 1080p TVs, on one picture is just right when I set scaling to 0% as it should be. Same PC, same settings on other TV everything is too large. To make picture right there I should be using scaling values lower than minimum limit in ATI CCC. Tried other cards as well, nVidia and Intel IGP (on other PCs) same thing...
I fixed the problem, at some stage I must have accidentally clicked "Widescreen effect" on the screen tab which puts black bars at the top and bottom.... D'oh! Only realised when I went to play without the rift and noticed that.

Now it is perfect! Awesome!

Thanks Scawen for replying, keep up the awesome work!
Thanks, I've now disabled Wide Screen Effect in Rift mode.
I was just taking some screenshots using CTRL+S in LFS, then loaded them in Paint.NET and saw a bit of surprise

In E14 tyre marks are transparent in Paint.NET, although its fine when viewing from Windows Photo Viewer.
Thing does not happen with 0.6E.

Attached dx8 and dx9 screenshots opened in Paint.NET and saved as jpg. (transparent pixels become white in jpg)

EDIT: Problem only happen when using SHIFT+U with no buttons and SHIFT+F
Attached images
dx8.jpg
dx9.jpg
There is indeed a mysterious alpha channel in the screenshots, it's visible in Photoshop as well. It works in menus too. Nice find
Attached images
e14_alpha.jpg
In E14 first screen when you enter LFS is messed up.

Also if you do /shift p in a lobby screen, something will happen ...
EDIT: Same thing will happen if you are in garage while race end.

Both bugs are not reproducable in 0.6E
Attached images
lfs_00000005.jpg
lfs_00000190.jpg
Does the same happen to the licence plates? Someone posted an image a few days ago with weirdness, and I wonder if it's related.
That's kinda cool, keep it, even if it's a bug.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :i notice changes in tyremarks aswell.. seems blurred out to me as in the previous patch it was fine...

@Scawen. is it possible to get the gearbox bug fixed for keyboard players? i just had it go nuts TWICE within 2min...

or is it just something that wont be fixed? i mean its been so for some time.. actually since x30 patch.

so i just wonder if its going to be fixed or what???

attached is 2 replays both goes nuts in lap one

For the millionth time it is not a bug related to keyboard
Its bug in autogears! It can happen just the same to drivers using mouse or wheel, ofc if they are using autogears
Easiest way to reproduce is to press pause while its autoshifting and gear is neutral. Afterwards press shift up/down button and resume gameplay.
https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=80538
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :I was just taking some screenshots using CTRL+S in LFS, then loaded them in Paint.NET and saw a bit of surprise

In E14 tyre marks are transparent in Paint.NET, although its fine when viewing from Windows Photo Viewer.
Thing does not happen with 0.6E.

Attached dx8 and dx9 screenshots opened in Paint.NET and saved as jpg. (transparent pixels become white in jpg)

EDIT: Problem only happen when using SHIFT+U with no buttons and SHIFT+F

Quote from Flame CZE :There is indeed a mysterious alpha channel in the screenshots, it's visible in Photoshop as well. It works in menus too. Nice find

Strange to find an alpha channel in the backbuffer (which is what the screenshot comes from). The backbuffer should have the same format as your selected screen mode. If you go into Options... Screen and hold down CTRL what do you see after your 32 bit screen modes? On my computer (nvidia graphics) they all say X888. I'm guessing on yours they say A888.

By the way I added a quick feature on Friday to allow selection of BMP / JPG / PNG for screenshots just because DX9 allows that.

Quote from DANIEL-CRO :In E14 first screen when you enter LFS is messed up.

Well spotted, thanks.

Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Also if you do /shift p in a lobby screen, something will happen ...
EDIT: Same thing will happen if you are in garage while race end.

Both bugs are not reproducable in 0.6E

Strange and quite surprising! Hopefully simple to fix. Don't know how you find these things...!
On investigation, directx docs say screen modes cannot have alpha, so I guess your modes will say "X888".

Apparently backbuffers can have alpha channels and I'm still looking into why / when and if it can be controlled. Were your screenshots in full screen mode?
Quote from Scawen :Strange and quite surprising! Hopefully simple to fix. Don't know how you find these things...!

Thorough and rigorous testing I guess.
Quote from Scawen :On investigation, directx docs say screen modes cannot have alpha, so I guess your modes will say "X888".

AMD graphics, X888 on all 32 bit modes; 565 on 16 bit

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the question about full screen at first;
windowed or full screen, doesn't matter

Check attachments, it is also transparent on those black borders, between client area and drawing area
Attached images
WINDOWED.jpg
FULL.jpg
AntVR
New kickstarter project AntVR - Sounds like LFS already supports the 3D view (HSBS).
https://www.kickstarter.com/pr ... ersal-virtual-reality-kit

Technical compare between Oculus Rift and AntVR:
http://www.gamesinasia.com/ant ... us-rift-hits-kickstarter/

Looks like the Kickstarter target ($200'000) will be reach soon (currently >$74'000).

FAQ from Kickstarter
[3D Experience] Does the ANTVR KIT support existing stereoscopic 3D?

YES, it supports the HSBS stereoscopic 3D mode. For PC, almost all 3D games can be played with stereoscopic 3D. Some have stereoscopic 3D options, which the headset can use directly. But for those that don't, you can use some software to convert to stereoscopic 3D, and it will work with the headset. On PS or Xbox, some games also have stereoscopic 3D options.

But I think the LFS native support for head tracking of AntVR is needed?

1920x1080 with aspect ratio 4:3...
Such maths.

So wow.
Maybe the screen has 4:3 aspect ratio - nobody said that the pixels are square...
Hello there,

I understand this is probably the wrong topic to post this.
But i've just got a quick question, Hope you guys understand it.
Will there be a feature like a country flag in-game infront of someone their names?
@Scawen : If you have problem with DirectX, why don't you just start to convert it to OpenGL ? It's faster, compatible with all OS, and open source, so you are not dependent of any Microsoft's decision.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG