The online racing simulator
I just noticed that the mirror AA don't work @ windowed mode here
Hello! can I have some help on here? Had to format my pc (saved my Lfs folder together with my files) and now the newest test patch I can run is E11, from E12 to E14 they're all crashing

It crashes on entry screen as soon as I try to go on single player mode, or pretty much when it has to show any 3d object on screen.

Before formatting it did run E13 normally but now it suddenly won't, my PC specs are:

MOBO: AsRock N68 VS3
Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 250 @ 3.00Ghz
Vcard: Nvidia GeForce EVGA GT430 (running drivers V. 332.21)
Ram: 4GB samsung @1333mhz
HDD: Samsung SATA 500GB

Used to run Lfs (and the test patches) normally on this pc before formatting, seems weird this is happening now, am I missing something?

BTW, here's the info I could gather from the crash, is always the same, and My OS is in spanish so I'll try to do my best on translating the report:

Name of Event: APPCRASH
App Name: LFS_6E14.exe
App version: 0.0.0.0
App Time Mark: 52ebe6b5
Name of module with errors: LFS_6E14.exe
Version of module with errors: 0.0.0.0
Time Mark of module with errors: 52ebe6b5
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception displacement: 0013f1ba
Operative System Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Regional Conf. ID: 21514
Additional Info 1: 4327
Additional Info 2: 432714f05de5823a37a6170a15f587be
Additional Info 3: d8c3
Additional Info 4: d8c38a1c0182fa00deb95053a6e8c716

Thats all I could get, hoping it's enough, and Thanks beforehand

EDIT: Update: Installed Dx9 and downgraded Vcard Drivers to V. 301.42 to no avail :X

EDIT 2: Nevermind!! Solved it, needed to re-install dx9 end user runtime, after that it's all good , I'm leaving the info anyway in case someone has the same problem
Quote from Specht77 :I just noticed that the mirror AA don't work @ windowed mode here

It works for me in windowed mode. Check the pictures.
Attached images
MirrorAAoff.png
MirrorAAon.png
Quote from MandulAA :It works for me in windowed mode. Check the pictures.

Don't know if it's because I'm using custom AA, but I thought that if it works fullscreen, it should work windowed, but it doesn't:
Attached images
MirrorAAoff.jpg
mirrorAAon.jpg
Quote from DarkKostas :Looks amazing. Great job. Will DX9 make it easier to have multiple(the other driver's) mirrors at the same time? I wonder how much this will "eat" our FPS though.

That would be very nice
Its not like mirors on other cars need standard resolution like when specing car, they could be rendered at resolution like 10x10 px... or to make it dynamic based on your distance to that car. Same as for your car, its not the same if you use 3840x1080 or 1280x1024... resolution at which mirrors are rendered should be dinamic based on your monitor resolution and FOV used.
Is just me or anyone else is having those tremendous freeze when you shift+p or choose another car or join the track or select other track

To be more specific

click on lfs, on the main menu, click sp, choose the track, 5 - 8 seconds freeze, track load, another 5 seconds to see the Pre race options ( guess is loading the car ) click garage, another 5 seconds, in the garage, choose another car, pick any car, another 5 or more seconds till car is loaded

happen the same if i'm on the track and jump "Shift+p" to the pits 5 seconds till car is loaded again in the garage

this doesnt happen at all in 0.6e

hope i'm not the only one with this freezes
Absolutely no slow downs for me. Id say thats its generaly more faster, especially transition from lobby to race when track is just loaded. Altough Id like to see improvement regarding responsivenes during track loading, for example when loading track and LFS is minimized my mouse usually frezze for couple of seconds even on other programs, also some weird screen flashings. Ofcourse talking about case when using many hires textures.
Scawen,

Would it be difficult to implement support for the Razer Hydra to use for positional tracking? It would increase immersion if you have one Hydra strapped to your chest and then you can lean in.

https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2915

Maybe this is off topic, but I was curious.
No slowdowns on my side, in general the sim runs an average of 10-15 fps more in a normal cargame grid, and a lot smoother. I'm pretty prone to recognizing stuttering (60hz TVs vs 100hz, 24 fps cinema to 48 etc.), and I see less
[Probably not DX9/Rift related]
Today I was racing with Eza on cg.nl GTR (with E14) when I lost the connection. Checked chat history and got a new (at least for me) error, check the picture. What's this?
Attached images
error.png
Rift and LFS new patch
Maybe there is room for improvement, but my first test with LFS and Oculus Rift just blew my mind.
Smooth frames and the immersion was the best I have ever seen on the rift.
LFS is back. (Don't know if it's ever been gone, but I have)
just noticed that car in garage is AAed independently of AA settings, personally I don't mind as I always use AA. But is it mean to be like that?
Wow. keep up the good work Scawen

The antialising does a very good impression. Such a small detail. Its nice to see lfs on dx9.0 now
Getting an oculus rift in two days, just woundering if there is any areas you need feedback on, Im probably going to play around a couple of hours on this before I become blind after playing too much.
So while I still have my vision I can check out your grey areas.

I suppose you have a rift yourself, Scawen?
As far as I know, Scawen doesn't have a rift.
Quote from umadragek :Getting an oculus rift in two days, just woundering if there is any areas you need feedback on, Im probably going to play around a couple of hours on this before I become blind after playing too much.
So while I still have my vision I can check out your grey areas.

I suppose you have a rift yourself, Scawen?

No, nothing specific. There are still a few things to do. I'll be interested to hear your comments on whatever you find important.

I didn't get a Rift, no, although I would have got one if I had known I would spend this long on it - it started out as a bit of a quick test of some minimal support, but I got more encouraged as it went on. Just had to a little bit here and a little bit there to keep making it better (several times over). I got enough detailed feedback and explanations from people to do a reasonable job. I plan to get the improved version as soon as it is available.
Quote from Scawen :No, nothing specific. There are still a few things to do. I'll be interested to hear your comments on whatever you find important.

I didn't get a Rift, no, although I would have got one if I had known I would spend this long on it - it started out as a bit of a quick test of some minimal support, but I got more encouraged as it went on. Just had to a little bit here and a little bit there to keep making it better (several times over). I got enough detailed feedback and explanations from people to do a reasonable job. I plan to get the improved version as soon as it is available.

so you made that excellent rift support (so they say) without actually having a rift? damn. this guy has a brain in his head
I just noticed that! Happens only on RB4 and only at Garage(and entry screen)
Attached images
lfs_00000429.jpg
lfs_00000430.jpg
Quote from DarkKostas :I just noticed that! Happens only on RB4 and only at Garage(and entry screen)

It's fine for me. Maybe you should try to reinstall it and see if it persists.
Quote from DarkKostas :I just noticed that! Happens only on RB4 and only at Garage(and entry screen)

Same as Whiskey, no problems here.
DarkKostas, that is a strange effect. Which graphics card are you using?

I don't get the problem, using nvidia.

Can you test to see if you get the same with E13? I'm just wondering if the antialiasing somehow made a difference.
Quote from Scawen :DarkKostas, that is a strange effect. Which graphics card are you using?

I don't get the problem, using nvidia.

Can you test to see if you get the same with E13? I'm just wondering if the antialiasing somehow made a difference.

No it doesn't happen with the normal 0.6, that's why it caught my impression. Im using AMD 7790, no forced graphics. I happens on all versions AFTER 0.6E7.

Tried without mirror or normal AA, but still the same.
struct IS_MSO // MSg Out - system messages and user messages
->byte TextStart; // first character of the actual text (after player name)

When using /me , its always set to 0.
Not sure if it can be really described as bug, but definitely not as I'd expect it to be, as well as it doesn't match the description "actual text (after player name)".
Attached images
me command.png
Scawen, keep up the good work. I'm loving the Oculus Rift support. It works absolutely great.
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6E8 (now E14 - DirectX 9 + 3D / VR support)
(405 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG