The online racing simulator
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Hi all,
so here is my promise.I took a bit longer getting back to home from my job though.
Its probably not final result as I would like to experiment with some more variations to the texture but I would like to really here some feedback from you guys.Bad or good doesnt matter ofcourse.

hum, looking really good in comparsion with the originals. but...

1 the kerbs look too fine tiled (white blue), didn't see a track with that fine tiling yet.
2 the texture mapping around the track could use more textures.
how many are actually swapped around one track?

i know you can't do anything about the 2 thing... but i occured to me that the textures always show too much repeating-artifacts when driving around...

anyway good work...
New Aston Textures
hi guys, it took me some time to get rid of the eric's weird mappings, but finally i removed the aliasing that it causes.

2 screenies: first is dark tarmac (the one i like), second bright tarmac (like original lfs)

in the attachments you can find the Aston textures for bright tarmac, so that for those who wants to test it, you can properly compare it with original textures.
Attached images
Honey_Aston_16_01.jpg
Honey_Aston_17_01.jpg
Attached files
Honey_Aston_Alpha.part1.rar - 1.4 MB - 1010 views
Honey_Aston_Alpha.part2.rar - 1.4 MB - 900 views
Honey_Aston_Alpha.part3.rar - 1.4 MB - 853 views
Honey_Aston_Alpha.part4.rar - 1.4 MB - 831 views
Honey_Aston_Alpha.part5.rar - 736.5 KB - 833 views
Quote from Honey :hi guys, it took me some time to get rid of the eric's weird mappings, but finally i removed the aliasing that it causes.

2 screenies: first is dark tarmac (the one i like), second bright tarmac (like original lfs)

in the attachments you can find the Aston textures for bright tarmac, so that for those who wants to test it, you can properly compare it with original textures.

I'm using your aston dark textures it's very realistic and looks great from overhead or rear external car view at speed, I have Devil7s BL1 textures and they seem way too coarse and flecked with too much white, you have a finer look to the grain etc , looking fwd to dark textures for all the tracks from you, Honey. BTW did you realise you have removed the start finish line ( or painted over it ?)

Keep up the good work
ShannonN
Quote from ShannonN :I'm using your aston dark textures it's very realistic and looks great from overhead or rear external car view at speed, I have Devil7s BL1 textures and they seem way too coarse and flecked with too much white, you have a finer look to the grain etc , looking fwd to dark textures for all the tracks from you, Honey. BTW did you realise you have removed the start finish line ( or painted over it ?)

Keep up the good work
ShannonN

the texture i released are not dark, but "bright as the original" at the end i plan to release the final ones a bit darker (i'm one of those who like darker tarmac), about the dark tarmac i posted only 1 screenshot.

i'm glad that you like those textures, i'm working always without any AA/AF to be sure they look good despite of graphic card, i know there are some parts of tarmac not replaced (finish line and strarting grid) and also other things to be adjusted, it is just a quick and dirt release to give the sensation of what it would look like in action, my purpose is to end with a professional work, so then will be only a matter of taste
so don't worry, when i will release textures as final, they will be bug-free

cheers

PS i'm also confident that the base texture with tire marks effects (you cannot see them, they are only sublte low-freq shadows), can be considered quite final, but still i have to finalize the white lines, cracks and tarmac juncture, after all that i will make textures for all tracks
Moved to Miscellaneous Addons
Quote from bo-kristiansen :Im finally finnished with unsharpen mask/sharpen all the dds files.
... and I must say.. it looks feee.. amazing.
- everything stands out so clearly and I discover trackdetails
I never noticed before.

Me looouuvee it.

- the pack includes my IRL texturepack, interior edits, suits and marshall.

http://www.badongo.com/file/723087

Just tried 'em out. Love it.
Great work, nice textures =)
But, aren't half of the dds files just temporary anyway? Like the RALY_umbr.dds, there is one with alpha, but it doesn't work. I tried.
Quote from wheel4hummer :But, aren't half of the dds files just temporary anyway? Like the RALY_umbr.dds, there is one with alpha, but it doesn't work. I tried.

my posted dds are for sure unfinished, btw i'm going to make a final release very soon (even if i'm not happy with my white lines), unfortunately i lost much time on the aston bug because i thought it was my fault (instead is a bug even on original textures because of unproper mapping), right now i'm setting up a project on sourceforge (already approved) and i need to make things "small" and well organized so that anyone will be able to do whatever he/she wants (under the gpl statements).

expect next week the final aston textures and probably all other tracks as well (except south city), i will release a "bright" version and a dark version for each one.

from that final release i expect many feedbacks so to start working on improved version.
can't download it all!! only got 3 files, 1 of them is corrupt....got another mirror site?
Quote from drift_apprentice :can't download it all!! only got 3 files, 1 of them is corrupt....got another mirror site?

if you are talking about my textures, this thread is outdated, please go to the thread in my signature.
Just an info, whitin few days, i will update Aston for a small fix, so stay tuned
cheers
yep
Not yet, as you can see.
Assume that u'll be notified here when someting new is worth to be told...

regards
The project is dead and has been superceeded by the work of other users, even this thread spends most time discussing another mod, i've moved on to work on other projects like LFSC and the STCC so I doubt i'll be doing much with track textures in the future unless the devs let me make a track
I only have the Fern Bay files on hand - if it's okay with Becky I can re-upload them for you.
Damn, dead link.
Okies, here is the version of the hi-res Fern Bay textures I have - I hope it was the latest one.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG