The online racing simulator
#76 - CSF
Lewis must have been close last season, so I'd think Pastor must be now.
Quote from Franky.S :i think they will be watching him closely..

maybe after a number of times to the stewards they might suspend him?

I read on another forum that as he now has 2 reprimands, another would give him a 10 place grid drop. Not sure how truthful that is though.
#78 - CSF
Yes, I think that was part of a new system brought in this season.
They should be sitting him out for a race, make him feel the pain of another driver 'Bottas' driving his car and not crashing and making him look like a tool.
Quote from Bean0 :I read on another forum that as he now has 2 reprimands, another would give him a 10 place grid drop. Not sure how truthful that is though.

18) SANCTIONS

18.1 The stewards may inflict the penalties specifically set out in these Sporting Regulations in addition to or instead of any other penalties available to them under the Code.

18.2 Any driver who receives three reprimands in the same Championship season will, upon the imposition of the third, be given a ten grid place penalty at that Event. If the third reprimand is imposed following an Incident during a race the ten grid place penalty will be applied at the driver’s next Event.

The ten grid place penalty will only be imposed if at least two of the reprimands were imposed for a driving infringement.
Do they want F1 to become NASCAR or something? They really need to crack down on this shit. I don't see how intentional contact that's blatant isn't a ban to be honest. I mean, Schumacher got DQ from the whole 1997 season because of it. Why not the same for Maldonado? ;/
''The foolish eyes are those who see what they want. The eyes of the intelligent are for those who see what is meant to be seen''.

not naming any names but this biased bull crap towards any driver is just Persona-Racism and bad for this sport.

no body in Formula 1 intentionally wrecks someone without there being a bigger case behind it, they might force each one another but everything else is just completely ignorant and stupid to believe so.
My opinion is the same as many opinions posted here. Maldonado's incident in this race wasn't intentional. It was 100% his fault, but he didn't mean to hit Perez.
What worries me is that this obviously isn't the first time, or the second, or even the third time that he's been involved in this sort of incident. And he still keeps being a bit too aggressive. Even though most of his clashes weren't intentional, they were his fault and he could use some harder penalties than just the odd fine or a 10-place grid penalty, because it's not like these penalties got him to change his mind yet.
Well I was referring to the Monaco free practice debacle imo the penalty didn't fit the crime when you get a grid place drop for a gearbox change but the same penalty for intentional contact.

When Maldonado won in Barcelona I became a fan like everyone else, hoping that he'd changed his mentality but then came Monaco. A race winner ramming someone in a practice and then crashing in a Free Practice session. Sure we all get revenge wrecking instincts but in professional sport at the level of F1 you can't allow yourself to do it as the consequences are 'supposed' to be dire.
10 place grid penalty is a joke.
It's easy to criticise Maldo, but if this one incident was the straw that broke the camel's back, it would be a bit ridiculous.
I think he's very petulant, and it would not surprise me at all if he was still angry about "getting run off the road" at Valencia, but this was not a particularly dangerous or reckless mistake. It was simply a mistake. Perez seemed to have a strong prior opinion which really influenced his reaction to this incident and tbh that really undermined his statement in my opinion, but with Maldonado's history in the sport, including his daddy undoing a lifetime ban from monaco with his cheque book, he was probably not the most welcome name on the grid when he bought his seat in f1.
I don't think Pastor deserved a penalty for that. He just ran out of talent while Perez was alongside him, it could have happened to anyone.

Shame for Perez, but not Maldonado's fault.
Maybe it's a language barrier, but when he says "I did the braking on DRS" I understand he had the wing open and then his action would be very questionable. That sounds very reckless and dangerous, let alone when trying to overtake on the inside.

Quote from Dennis93 :no body in Formula 1 intentionally wrecks someone without there being a bigger case behind it, they might force each one another but everything else is just completely ignorant and stupid to believe so.

What's a bigger case? Each place in the ladder is worth quite a lot. Tis was clearly a racing incident, but it adds to the previous incidents.
Quote from JazzOn :Maybe it's a language barrier, but when he says "I did the braking on DRS" I understand he had the wing open and then his action would be very questionable. That sounds very reckless and dangerous, let alone when trying to overtake on the inside.

Well if DRS was open, presumably that means he wasn't braking at all?
What is so hard to understand? He'd been using DRS down the straight, as had Perez. It closed when he released the throttle, but meant he was going faster into the braking zone, whilst trying to turn slightly tighter than normal. The speed will have induced understeer, and trying to correct that will (as often happens) induce some oversteer. He corrected it, but had nowhere to go as Perez was there.

Nobodies 'fault', just what can happen if you go side-by-side through a corner.

How is it difficult to understand what he meant???
Well he said 'I did the braking on DRS' well theoretically as you pointed out it's impossible. So for DRS to be open in a braking zone you'd have to not be braking at all.
That means "I did the braking with the extra speed afforded by DRS".
Quote from tristancliffe :That means "I did the braking with the extra speed afforded by DRS".

That's what I assumed, when I read it.
Not very well worded, but what else could he possibly have meant?
The notion that he did not brake is almost as absurd as the idea of him suggesting that he did not in a statement which he made in defence of his actions.
Quote from tristancliffe :That means "I did the braking with the extra speed afforded by DRS".

Probably, but it's a nonsensical statement. Of course, Maldonado doesn't accept blame.

I'll save your eyes and earholes and try my best not to comment on him anymore, however much of a wreckless prick he is.
By itself this would be a racing incident but he has had way too many incidents. This one was actually the least agressive one I can rember from him but it happens way to often.

His deliberate move into Perez in Monaco was banworthy in my book as was his move on Lewis in Spa last year. Returning to the track into Lewis as he did in Valencia also showed he is the most disrespectfull driver I have seen since I started watching F1 in 1995.

I hope the day comes that his sponsors realise it does not do them any favours being associated with an antisocial POS.
Quote from BlueFlame :Probably, but it's a nonsensical statement. Of course, Maldonado doesn't accept blame.

I'll save your eyes and earholes and try my best not to comment on him anymore, however much of a wreckless prick he is.

It's more of a translation error than anything. Like a lot of drivers, his English isn't yet first class (but still better than several English people on this forum )

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG