The online racing simulator
Not bad, I thought it was going to be an actual season review up to this point though, not just a bunch of random videos thrown together with no sort of order.
Title whyuthumbs down?
Penske may hire him back. Wouldnt mind it tbh, as long as sam can get a car too maybe. Idk we will see
My guess is he will drive the 12 car that Hornish has vacated at dega and kansas but next year who knows
Quote from JackDaMaster :My guess is he will drive the 12 car that Hornish has vacated at dega and kansas but next year who knows

Mine also, the skf car was planned for dega anyways ircc. So would be wasted money for sponsor
RIP Jeff Gordon's new mustache, he apparently already shaved it off.

2012-2012

Smith out of the 78 next year. Possibly a place for Kurt.
Quote from PMD9409 :Smith out of the 78 next year. Possibly a place for Kurt.

That sucks, he was the closest I had to a home town driver. Hope he gets a ride somewhere.
Typically one of the worst quality races of the year racing wise tomorrow... sadly it happens twice in a year (New Hampshire that is )

IMO of course
Never understood why they didn't make it similar to Irwindale or IRP/ORP/LRP. Much better that way. Having the second lane banked so much more just kills it all.
When its all flat like it used to be, it was awesome, this is one track where it should be flat.
So they're gonna rebrand Speed as FS1

Way to go geniuses...Way to go
Yeah the owner didn't change (already owned by FOX), it's just that they rename it and combine other sports. Speed channel has dropped massively over the years (SpeedVision anyone?), so this was expected.

For people in the US, get a provider that enables you to see "Speed2". If they rename it so be it, but if it stays the same and grows as it has been, then it'll be epic.
Rockingham announcement tomorrow.
2013 Schedule will look almost the exact same as the 2012 Schedule with 'Dega and Kansas switching back as expected.

I'm just ready to see the 2013 cars on the track and see how they will race because they look sweet
Quote :@Jeff Drake - Here is the quote.
"For the past decade, SAFER barriers have been a necessity at ovals hosting NASCAR's top three series. But that could change in 2013. NASCAR Camping World Truck Series director Wayne Auton said on Friday at Iowa Speedway that the sanctioning body is eagerly awaiting the results of a safety report to determine the feasibility of potentially adding one to three short tracks events to next year's to-be-announced truck schedule at facilities that don't currently have SAFER barriers already in place. Auton confirmed the long-standing rumor that at least one road course will likely appear on next year's slate of events, though he declined to name which road courses are under consideration.Asked when the truck schedule will be released, Auton said it's uncertain at this point as negotiations with tracks continue."

Pretty sure Mosport is under some bits of construction.
I've said it before. I'll say it again. SAFER barriers aren't needed on road courses period.

They are designed for one specific job, stopping stock cars on ovals. Not stopping stock cars on road courses, where other methods exist (Grass, gravel, tire walls, armco, concrete, etc)

The sooner NASCAR snaps out of its 'every track needs SAFER barriers' mentality, and actually works on something that can suit the majority of races being held the better. It's not just about NASCAR and NASCAR only. Any safety solution should IMO benefit as many series and styles of racing as possible. That seems obvious, but no. There seems to be a one series first and **** the others mentality in the USA (and the rest of the world to a lesser degree)

Also the thing people forget...is SAFER walls were not actually a NASCAR invention. They were invented by Nebraska-Lincoln at IMS' request, installed for the IROC race....and tested by Arie in that race. But they were tested with IRL cars at the time.

Yes I dislike the SAFER barrier system, I will say that time and again. Not because I'm a sick freak who loves watching drivers get hurt. Far from it, I want the sport safe...but I think the SAFER barrier isn't the right way to go.

I dislike it also because it is helping a portion of fans come up with idiotic comments and mindsets like 'nobody can get hurt in NASCAR now' and the whole NASCAR fanbase jumping up and taking credit for it and HANS (which no, NASCAR did not invent either, contrary to what people online claim and bitch and whine when told otherwise and shown the history of the HANS device and the soft walls)

I would love for the Trucks to go back to ORP or South Boston or Hickory, but I'm skeptical about the whole NASCAR pushing SAFER barriers on every track they go to with their top series and expecting track owners to foot the bill for it.

(As a sidenote, would Bernie/FOM/FOTA/FIA block SAFER barriers being put in at Montreal due to the F1 there? Just curious, I know he blocked Indy going to Interlagos so they had to run on the street track.)
Quote from DieKolkrabe :*snip*

Some Aussie V8 guys actually want SAFER barriers in turn 8 at adelaide. But only the drivers want it now (just 1 or two drivers) and since it is a street circuit, I don't think that will happen.
See my rant above your post. SAFER barriers at Adelaide? Not only would it narrow the course, it's just plain stupid. You can't just move the roads can you (well, unless you're Valencia) and go and screw around with a city for the sake of making a once a year sporting event safer. For 362 days a year, the street track's public roads. V8s are already safe for the most part (Reindler's BBQ last year excepted, but that could happen to any car in that situation).

It's funny though, I'm amazed they aren't screaming for SAFER walls at Bathurst, or do they know just what kind of a shitstorm that'd cause?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :See my rant above your post. SAFER barriers at Adelaide? Not only would it narrow the course, it's just plain stupid. You can't just move the roads can you (well, unless you're Valencia) and go and screw around with a city for the sake of making a once a year sporting event safer. For 362 days a year, the street track's public roads. V8s are already safe for the most part (Reindler's BBQ last year excepted, but that could happen to any car in that situation).

It's funny though, I'm amazed they aren't screaming for SAFER walls at Bathurst, or do they know just what kind of a shitstorm that'd cause?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/mo ... ry-fn2ms9um-1226288977947

:/
Quote :
in other categories including NASCAR, and during the Bathurst 12 Hour in February it is standard protocol for the medical team to attend any crash.Bright said nobody from V8 Supercars has adequately explained the lack of medical response but has reiterated that Team Medical Australia were not the contracted medical crew at the Clipsal 500.

That's the big issue though. V8 needs something like the old CART safety team both in terms of professionalism and actual attendance at races. I don't see why the usual medical team were not contracted for the race. Yes, he has a point, but knee jerk reactions aren't the way to go, and adding in a SAFER barrier won't fix the issue. Remember F1? They went through a turn very, very similar for several years with only Mika's bad crash in 95

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG