The online racing simulator
Just can't keep quiet..
(133 posts, started )
come on, someone somehow write a pm to Scawen and ask him to say at least hello!
Quote from Sobis :come on, someone somehow write a pm to Scawen and ask him to say at least hello!

But how?
Yes, I agree that iRacing is too expensive, but I can't say anything about the physics of the game as I've never tried the game.

But for me - LFS is the best racing sim out there. It's cheap, simple, fun and has a great community (gotta love AtomAnt's posts eh?).

Since I got my LFS licence, I haven't really played anyother racing sims only tried them (netKar PRO and some others), and I never really got into them. I seriously have to say that LFS is a great game, and I will continue to play it for a long time. No mather how long it takes for new updates to come.

I really wish Scawen to continue the great work, and only release the new physics when they're perfect.
Hello.
Also, +1 to a sign of life and stuff like that from Scawen
Howdy. I have him in my closet. Wife is very jelly.
Poor, poor thread
Quote from Bawbag :I've missed your posts, your avatar is awesome.

My girlfriend did not think the same
My excuse for doing fun with bsod did not really convince her, anyway I still keep it

Quote from PMD9409 :Stop ruining my fun! I still don't know the exact text, but anyways, I don't even realize text is there.

Look closer
Btw, you can find bigger picture easily on google images, just by typing "BSOD"

Quote from scipy :Dear Scawen,

Glad to read this btw, I admit that I would have been disapointed to hear that another 'simulator' has beaten LFS , especially one that ask you to pay quite a lot if I understand correctly !
Quote from The Very End :
Back to Iracing - Seems there is a pretty big discussion going on over the internett about the new physics, LFS forum is not the only place where the rage is going on. Is the improved physics THAT bad?

Some take an extreme attitude saying it's a complete turd, maybe to justify reasoning not to subscribe.

My three months resub for $10 ran out a couple weeks ago so I personally haven't had the chance to try the NTM out. What I've read is that there's probably room for criticism, but it's not an all out failure some may want to portrait it as.

Racedepartment has a long thread about it
http://www.racedepartment.com/ ... -i-dont-like-anymore.html

Of course the thread title invites more unsatisfied responses but there are many who give a different perspective.

Here's a proof of real physics, definately not a canned response and yet, not quite what the devs intended
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOjG2Fhas3Q

But here's a short vid of the new Ford GT and it doesn't seem to want to change course with a very fast steering input. Also the reaction doesn't look very natural, like the front end has very little grip. Probably part of the reason why the car feels understeery. The car just yaws...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hArnba1g_fQ
Scawen have left that sinking failboat.
For some reason STCC is more alive than iRacing for me. I did go to one of the STCC tracks recently and drove a Volvo C30 and a Formula Renault 2.0 (IRL). Came back and fired upp Race 07 with STCC addon: Simbin has it's problems with physics, but I was surprised how precise they nailed it on the Karlskoga (gälleråsen) Motor stadium. Both the C30 and the Formula Renault car acts pretty much like the Simbin product. So, how can this be - comparing apples with pears?
STCC2 feels more real to me than IRacing
Quote from BOSCHO :STCC2 feels more real to me than IRacing

Glad I am not the only one. They somehow managed to re-create it in a quite good way... Doesn't feel like old Race07 anymore.
Quote from Bawbag :GO LEFT GO LEFT GO LEFT...... ugh.

reminded me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG2OcW_Hwkg

btw: after a long time I have tried iRacing coz I've got one month free and after great expectation there was a huge disappointment...I am probably never going to play the game again...unless some very good reviews come out
and I am kinda glad that also the most skilled drivers here who also have real life racing experience say that it is just sh*tty...LFS ftw...never gonna let us down
Once again, I strip off the link. Me hurt this point (Dirt on tire affects grip: - LFS yes, iR no) But what the LFS that and iR are the pros and cons, but I prefer the LFS. Thank you very much Scawen. Hi)
Looking forward to play LFS's new physics in early 2012. Hopefully they'll be the best ones out there.
Quote from kimd41 :Looking forward to play LFS's new physics in early 2012. Hopefully they'll be the best ones out there.

They will be i'm sure! Scawen didnt left something unfinished, uncomplete or unperfect.
Like the collisions with barriers?
Quote from himself :Like the collisions with barriers?

it is unperfect uncomplete unfinished but Scawen hasn't left it
Quote from himself :Like the collisions with barriers?

Unlike iRacing's NTM, this represents a major step forward, in a way. You don't see as many cars flying up the airs nowadays.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Unlike iRacing's NTM, this represents a major step forward, in a way. You don't see as many cars flying up the airs nowadays.

What?

Did the joke fly well over my head or are you actually comparing the two tasks and the relative time-frame taken by each developer?

Just can't keep quiet..
(133 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG