The online racing simulator
Just can't keep quiet..
(133 posts, started )
I tried the NTM and my opignon about iRacing didint change. I hate it, in iRacing I always feel like I have to battle with the car for it to stay on the road, I can't brake properly and I have the overall sence that many things are wrong. When I finally manage to be in the zone then there's the irating problem, no one races, everyone act as if they are scared of lossing irating points which makes the racing really boring and unnatural. LFS is still the best simulation out there, it's the only place where I can try to overtake someone and know that he/she won't do something stupid out of fear of a collision.
Still no smiley from Scawen? :weeping:
Quote from Scawen :S3 will be released before IRacing fails again

shameless fake quote ...
Well, iR just released another PR filled tire thread. Thanks again Scawen. I actually prefer your silence over saying a load of BS that seems to be loved over there.

But if you wanted to say something... I won't mind.
Saw that Phil, but what would you want to hear from Scawen?

That he is working on REAL physics and not some BS PR?

We know that already. I personally cannot believe that the iRacing guys have promoted this release for the new NTM as real physics, when blatantly it is not.

I hope (and think) Scawen is working on a real mathematical model that represents how a tyre works. iRacing has developed a spreadsheet from more accurate data for each car that they think represents tyre behaviour better than their last attempt, which they think deserves the tag 2.0. Good luck iRacing but if your basic underlying principles are wrong, go ahead, don't change track, keep going and make your final results more accurate with better data. This for me is not progress, this is stupid, USA style.

What about changing the way you think about the freaking engine?

iRacing and LFS have completely different approaches to the way they see their physics engines working with a car.

LFS uses an engine that works out things using a mathematical model that works for all cars, all adjustments etc.

iRacing uses an engine that has lookup tables for values that they think is right for each car, under each condition.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that one way is just wrong. But the worst thing is, iRacing claimed for the release of iRacing 2.0 that they realised their old way was wrong, but they had learnt and this time they were programming the physics correctly from the bottom up... So why do they have to release the NTM (New Tyre Model) individually for each car?

I rest my case, hope to see your before Christmas Scawen
They also build the cars "around" the NTM. I have honestly no idea how that even works.
Quote from Kazu2799 :I tried the NTM and my opignon about iRacing didint change. I hate it, in iRacing I always feel like I have to battle with the car for it to stay on the road, I can't brake properly and I have the overall sence that many things are wrong. When I finally manage to be in the zone then there's the irating problem, no one races, everyone act as if they are scared of lossing irating points which makes the racing really boring and unnatural. LFS is still the best simulation out there, it's the only place where I can try to overtake someone and know that he/she won't do something stupid out of fear of a collision.

Word up. That made me leave iRacing just after weeks of playing. None of the races are enjoyable there, because everybody poes in their pants when I'm closer than 1 meter to them. But there's the other end, which even makes body contacts, but those are usually the crasher kind.

Just can't keep quiet..
(133 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG