The online racing simulator
Signs
(19 posts, started )

Poll : Want these signs?

No, please post reason.
Yes.
Signs
I think we need signs to make tutorial tracks, so layout maker write text to sign...
Maybe someone don't think this in same idea than me...
Hmm, what for?
there are already signs for corners, distance etc in the layout editor that can be placed on any of the tracks .
Quote from GAVD999 :there are already signs for corners, distance etc in the layout editor that can be placed on any of the tracks .

No there aren't.
I mean layout editor write words into these signs...
Quote from racer autov8 :No there aren't.

there are, go into shift + u and click edit, then click markers you can then place them where ever you need.

what other signs do you need?
Quote from GAVD999 :there are, go into shift + u and click edit, then click markers you can then place them where ever you need.

what other signs do you need?

Quote from racer autov8 :I mean layout editor write words into these signs...

That's my answer
The only use would be in cruise servers I think.
Displaying messages on screen when a car is at a certain location on the track can be easily done by InSim. Writings in traffic signs could be read only on large hi-res displays anyway.
Insims cannot use single player :P
I have tried it yourself and it works.
so ok I want to suggest my sign:

Can I have this on LFS so I know how much is the distance to Jyväskylä approximately when I play LFS @ my own home? Thank You!
Attached images
sign.jpg
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :so ok I want to suggest my sign:

Can I have this on LFS so I know how much is the distance to Jyväskylä approximately when I play LFS @ my own home? Thank You!

Need a whole lot of traffic signs
I am kind of aware that LFS IS a R A C I N G simulator, But I am really using it to teach people driving, in India. it's making a world of a difference to our communities.

Inside of that we are looking to add a lot of road signs. I have LYTE and have seen the Layout Editing Options, but where can I add or modify the signs.

My objects folder has a few very low res images. Can someone please help? Thank You.

Stanley Ravi
Attached images
001.jpg
I guess that you can modify textures of the respective signs, they should be in the "dds" folder. Alternatively you can create an InSim app that would display road signs in a form of buttons appearing on the screen when player's car reaches some defined position. (With some extra math involved it should be possible to continuously scale and reposition the buttons to simulate the effect of closing in on the road sign, but we're talking a bit crazy now )
Quote from stanza6 :I am kind of aware that LFS IS a R A C I N G simulator, But I am really using it to teach people driving, in India. it's making a world of a difference to our communities.

Inside of that we are looking to add a lot of road signs. I have LYTE and have seen the Layout Editing Options, but where can I add or modify the signs.

My objects folder has a few very low res images. Can someone please help? Thank You.

Stanley Ravi

Like MadCat said. You can replace the DDS files of the existing signs. There are quite a few new signs added with 0.6b which makes perfect candidates for replacing.

That's the texture you're looking for. You can replace each of those signs with a desired indian road sign. I would advice to put "mirrorable" signs on the arrows because I think they come with flipped editions ingame.

http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/DDS_Converter;29412

That link will get you to a DDS converter with which you can save a DDS file.
Replace the file called AX_ARROWS.dds under data/dds in the LFS folder.
Need For Signs :)
Thank you Partan and MadCat,
Ok so that's where the images are...
in the DDS Folder.

Thanks a 1000 miles for this.

Quote from pärtan :Like MadCat said. You can replace the DDS files of the existing signs. There are quite a few new signs added with 0.6b which makes perfect candidates for replacing.

That's the texture you're looking for. You can replace each of those signs with a desired indian road sign. I would advice to put "mirrorable" signs on the arrows because I think they come with flipped editions ingame.

http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/DDS_Converter;29412

That link will get you to a DDS converter with which you can save a DDS file.
Replace the file called AX_ARROWS.dds under data/dds in the LFS folder.

Signs
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG