The online racing simulator
UFR Challenge
(94 posts, started )
Quote from U4IK ST8 :Hmm, I must take a look so... Off to download...

EDIT: Seems to work ok, haven't gone into LFS yet though. But when I try to save a tweak it crashes and windows wants to close it.

I didnt try to save it ... but i dont need to do it ... it keeps the changes when apply and close ... i have windows 7 64bits
Yeah I did hit apply, just never got to close it properly I did noticed though, once I started the program again, the settings I had made where still there.
Jorge, I just went online to see if SHIFT-F worked (turn off all screen info) and I can't remove the split/lap times. Is there anyway I can personally disable these. I'd like to race without them.

Nigel.
Try Shift+i.
Thanks. That's done the trick. Nice clear screen.
-
(alquimista) DELETED by alquimista
20:00 UTC is better but anyway it depends on what I do that day. I can not say even a day before.
-
Just like to say great racing, great people, great fun :-)

never really raced anything other than ss , and its bought new life into lfs.
Tonight we will try a funny 1v1 in a layout designed by U4IK ST8 in SO3... it's really cool ... 2 lanes in all track with a jump to change lane

Thanks U4IK ST8!
No prob Jorge.

Looking forward to it!
This Sunday event have a new format:
(Qualifying + 10 laps + 15 laps + 1 v 1 K.O.)

The 1 v 1 race will be on KO rounds (2 laps).
The grid will depend on how many drivers join the event but you can see an example here: http://www.ufrchallenge.com/so3-01.html

You can practice 1 v 1 race on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday between 17-18h UTC and 21-22h UTC
Don't know if this is of any interest to anyone. I've just found a couple of old copies of Cars and Car Conversions magazine from 1995. In an article comparing six different club race cars (Westfield, Caterham, 2 Minis, 2 Eurocars) I found the following quotes-

"...the Mini was a bit of a shock to the system. It darts and dives seemingly with a mind of it's own - I mean, does it have to be so lively? But that's what Minis are all about and if you're going to put 120bhp through the front wheels then such a characteristic is just going to be exaggerated. The trick is to just go with it and not fight it.
Perhaps what was really surprising about the Mini was just how quick it was. For a wee 1275, it really does shift. The combination of power, front-wheel drive and a skittish chassis made for a bit of a wild ride. Like the Eurocar, being in the middle of 30 similar cars must be just mental, especially as the thing seems to be driving you!"

""The diff isn't very fierce, is it Bill?" was my first comment after clambering from his Mini Miglia. "That's because it hasn't got one, Steve." Well that made me look pretty daft, but then just about every racing Mini that I can recall driving has always come with a serious, arm-wrenching, limited-slip diff. It was quite a shock, then, to realise that the only thing tugging and pulling on this one was the torque steer and yet it was quite manageable."

"It was fun to drive and Church, flat in top with 8,000rpm, amounts to 134mph!" (Thruxton)

Nigel.
Thanks all for a good event! The SO3 and special 1vs1 was a lot of fun. My focus was not the best since I spent it on IRL racing this weekend (similar to this event here and here) but always good to come back to LFS and having quality gaming. Keep it up Jorge and we'll soon be filling up the grid with full manual fellas!

Congrats to the podium guys, very well done!
-
Quote from Ingolf :Thanks all for a good event! The SO3 and special 1vs1 was a lot of fun. My focus was not the best since I spent it on IRL racing this weekend (similar to this event here and here) but always good to come back to LFS and having quality gaming. Keep it up Jorge and we'll soon be filling up the grid with full manual fellas!

Congrats to the podium guys, very well done!

Nice weekend race mate!

Yes!
Race 1v1 was really fun!

Event Results »» http://www.ufrchallenge.com/so3-01.html
Video »» Comming Soon
...i couldent make it;(
cya on server and next race !
I agree, it was a great event indeed, close races, lots of fun. Sadly, I won't be able to do the next event, so good luck to all!
Just had a look at the replays. Some good racing considering it's such a tricky little track. Close racing at the front in the second race and a bit of action at the back, I saw Jorge sliding on his roof in my rear view mirror and wondered if I'd caused his demise. Some nice in-car footage from chasing cars. Wouldn't have minded a 30 lapper myself as the races seemed to be over before I got in the swing. Good work Jorge, keep it up.

Are we going to have a weeks holiday sometime. Get out of the City and go somewhere sunny at the coast. Fern Bay sounds nice (Club).:boat:

Nigel.
Next Sunday event will take place at South City Long (SO4) at 20.00H UTC.

This event will have a 15m qualifying + 40 laps race (1 pit stop must be done).

Event details »» http://www.ufrchallenge.com/so4-01.html
Thanks all for making the practice on SO5 a blast. Will return later on this week to improve on my curve taking techniques...

Keep it up!
I just setup a channel on a teamspeak server so we can talk in races ... 1st time i try this ... its really fun ... download the freeware software on the link below and setup your mic ... i will tell you in the server how to connect to channel in teamspeak server

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
hey, what about increasing the time between being warned of speeding in the pits and getting kicked a bit?
I was in the middle of a 30 laps race (well, it wasn't a race anymore... but I wanted to finish anyway) and then entered the pits with maybe 100 instead of 80 kph and didn't even have the time to hit the brakes; by the time I realized I was too fast and the message appeared on my screen, I got kicked.

why is it necessary to kick pit-speeders anyway?? there already IS a penalty-system. I understand that people who enter the pits with 150 probably do it intentionally to spoil the race... but 100 for a couple of meters??
Quote from Bandit77 :hey, what about increasing the time between being warned of speeding in the pits and getting kicked a bit?
I was in the middle of a 30 laps race (well, it wasn't a race anymore... but I wanted to finish anyway) and then entered the pits with maybe 100 instead of 80 kph and didn't even have the time to hit the brakes; by the time I realized I was too fast and the message appeared on my screen, I got kicked.

why is it necessary to kick pit-speeders anyway?? there already IS a penalty-system. I understand that people who enter the pits with 150 probably do it intentionally to spoil the race... but 100 for a couple of meters??

Sorry about that
That kicking is the lfslapper default ... i was also kicked because of that sometimes and thought i should change it

I just changed so from now on is Drive Through Penalty if more then 80 and Stop & Go if more then 100.

Im kind of new on this so probably there are more improvements i should make and i will appreciate a lot if people complain like you did so i can improve the server
40 great laps at SO5 tonight! Thanks all for making this event very intense and sweaty (summer time and my G25 is overheating just like me )
Congrats to the winner (shoock) and cudos to everybody as we all finished the 1.5 hour+ event without any major incidents .

UFR Challenge
(94 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG