The online racing simulator
i3-2100T (GT1 Built In GPU) Sandy Bridge
Has anyone used the i3-2100T at all, and can anyone report it's performance within LFS?
I use a I5, They appear to be medium, really. Not so good. I think a Nvidia 460 GTX (or the ATI equivilant) Should suit you better, Because isn't onboard just alittle sad anyway..? Since.. you play more games than LFS, Right?

I haven't really used them, But i wanted to help.
Quote from TehPaws3D :I use a I5, They appear to be medium, really. Not so good. I think a Nvidia 460 GTX (or the ATI equivilant) Should suit you better, Because isn't onboard just alittle sad anyway..? Since.. you play more games than LFS, Right?

I haven't really used them, But i wanted to help.

I plan on playing Portal 2, and most of the Source Based games, that's pretty much it tho.
I found some benchmark of i3-2100 and i5-2500 on Phoronix. This one compares Lin X Win performance of i5-2500K and another one includes i3-2100 results, but there's no comparison to windows.
Assuming that windows drivers are still a bit faster even after the performance patches, I don't think i3 would be any good for Portal 2 or anything else more GPU demanding.
Thank you both, I just got it the other day, waiting for the motherboard to come in the mail (should be here by Tuesday). Looks like I am going to have to pickup a Grahics Card if I want to do any gaming on the system.

(I got the i3-2100T as a PVR / Home Server, so if I can eek some gaming out on it also that would be good, but really it's primary function is a low power server.)
Quote from Dygear :While we are on the subject of FPS ...

I just built a Sandy Bridge system using a i3-2100T & 4GB of RAM on a ASUS H67 Mother Board. Z30 runs on my system with 16X AA (Set within LFS) and 4X AF (Also set within LFS) at around 40 FPS average on Windows 7 Enterprise on Aston X with many, many objects. So really, there is no reason I can see that the rest of your computers can't keep us as this is using the iGPU built into the Core i3-2100T. (Yes, that's right, I don't have a discreet GPU, I'm getting 40FPS MINIMUM with the lowest end Sandy Bridge @ 35W TDP!) Granted this is a single monitor running at 1024x768, but still!

I must say, the GPU built into the Core i3-2100T is just fine for playing LFS.
have you run a true crypt bench on it yet?
Quote from Shotglass :have you run a true crypt bench on it yet?

It has hardware AES support so those results are uncomparable to ones of non-i3/5/7 CPUs.
I will run that when I get home, I'll set an alarm to remind me.
There ya go , those results where for 5MB (First Image) and then 1GB (Second Image), I was also doing the 1GB while taking the screen shot and typing this. System remained fully responsive throughout.
Attached images
TrueCrypt.png
TrueCryptEnd.png
hm kinda torn now between this and the 2500t for a low power system
its fast enough at aes to support day to day stuff without raising cpu load too much i guess but the 2500t should do its stuff without ever waking up from sleep much
Quote from Shotglass :hm kinda torn now between this and the 2500t for a low power system
its fast enough at aes to support day to day stuff without raising cpu load too much i guess but the 2500t should do its stuff without ever waking up from sleep much

Maybe 2390T? It is both 35W AND supports AES instructions.
and completely and utterly impossible to find in retail channels
Quote from Shotglass :and completely and utterly impossible to find in retail channels

Oh well, didn't thought about that. Sorry
i3 2100T owner here
Hey there!

I have recently bought an i3 2100T for use in my new HTPC and paired it with 4GB RAM on a Asus P8H67-H Pro.

Just for testing purposes I added a NVIDIA GT430 and it runs Portal 2 on highest settings and 2xAA/2xAF at 1680x1050 so good that I completed both Singleplayer and Coop Campaigns on that machine because it is so silent and never sucks more than 55W out of the wall.

If you can wait, I could start LFS on that machine this evening or maybe tomorrow. I've already removed the NVIDIA so I'd be able to tell you how well it runs on the integrated GPU.
It runs pretty well in LFS, getting around 30 - 100fps with AFx16 & AAx8.
Portal 2 on it's default settings for the system get's a solid 60fps. After you bump everything up to Very High or High except for AF and AA I get around 20 - 40 fps most of the time, but maxes out at the V-Sync of 60 from time to time also.
speaking of which the completely and utterly unavailable cpu recently became available in homeopathic concentrations and i managed to snatch one
hopefully ill ave an inaudible desktop system by the end of the week
Quote from Shotglass :speaking of which the completely and utterly unavailable cpu recently became available in homeopathic concentrations and i managed to snatch one
hopefully ill ave an inaudible desktop system by the end of the week

It's much quieter then my Prescott, much easier on the ears when I'm sleeping and it's in the same room as me (open case mind you, with one case fan and one fan in the PSU.) I'm going to buy a case for it, (600T, 650D) so that should make it pretty silent overall. Thinking of putting a Silencer PSU in it as well.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG