The online racing simulator
S2 ALPHA - Patch U
(127 posts, started )
Thank you very much Mr. Roberts and the rest of the dev team
Thanks Scavier. Excellent service to have these loose ends tied up so quickly after such a large patch. Enjoy your break.
#28 - SamH
Patch U isn't updated on liveforspeed.net yet. Is this definitely final patch, before I nag people in the team to upgrade, and bump up the server config?

[EDIT] I mean final patch for now, not final patch. You know what I mean
A big thank you for all the work, if I could, I'd pay you devs a beer or two this night. You deserve it!
Continue the good work! :drink:
"while we have a little break "

20 days is enough for everyone. Back to work asap soldier! Move!

tks for the patch and have a nice recess!
Very nice
I was really looking forward to using external insturments:bowdown:
#32 - SamH
Damn Hit a "problem"
The Welcome message doesn't update when you edit the file (which I wanted to do with a web interface I just wrote to do it). It doesn't when you /reinit the server either. It only updates when you close the server app and restart it.. which means RDC in, find/close, re-start, exit RDC.

I had hoped to be able to use the welcome message to keep people abreast of team events, particular upcoming track configs and relay races etc. I only just realised, now that I've written the web interface, that it doesn't work that way

[EDIT] I just realised it's the bans file scenario all over again. LOL! Sorry Scawen!
::hangs head in shame::
cheeers Scavier, your hard work is to be rewarded with a well deserved break. The s2 update is amazing!!... thanks again....

mad
#34 - joen
Thanks for the hard work and dedication, enjoy your break now
Just don't make it too long
Thanks devs. Very quick stuff there, no probs this time either, installed in less than 5 minutes. Now go to a beach and have fun.
Quote from SamH :Damn Hit a "problem"
The Welcome message doesn't update when you edit the file (which I wanted to do with a web interface I just wrote to do it). It doesn't when you /reinit the server either. It only updates when you close the server app and restart it.. which means RDC in, find/close, re-start, exit RDC.

The easiest way is to just type /welcome=welcome.txt (to reload welcome.txt)
Go Scawen, go Scawen :static: :static: :static: :static: :static:

#38 - SamH
Quote from Scawen :The easiest way is to just type /welcome=welcome.txt (to reload welcome.txt)

Is there an emoticon representing someone who is very embarassed because he completely failed to soak up the instructions? I can't see one when I need one.

Thanks Scawen! You rock!
#39 - stay
Cheers for the hard work over the past few months, Scawen.

Just a reminder that www.liveforspeed.net still needs amending to show the current version as S2 U at the top left of the page.
Thanks SCAVIER!:up:
Just brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lets hope Patch U fixes my:

Can't open: HGA_grasshill

Message when I open the game/join a server.
Quote from Speedworx :Lets hope Patch U fixes my:

Can't open: HGA_grasshill

Probably not. That file isn't in the patch.

Are you missing this file for some reason?

www.liveforspeed.co.uk/HGA_grasshill.zip <-- put the dds file in this zip, into your dds folder
...on the way to S2 final.
Cheers Scawen. The file was there, but was 0kb. Only started happening when I got patch S. Its fixed now
I Have a Problem here...
Gah why can i never extract the files properly.

Is there no easier way to giving out updates?

Sorry to be bitchin but it gets annoying when trying to do stuff like this.
#48 - MR_B
What exactly has changed since T6..i've installed every update up until T6 and I'm curious to know the step from T6 -> U...
Mr Roberts..... I hope you like beer because ALOT of people want to buy you one!
Quote from MR_B :What exactly has changed since T6..i've installed every update up until T6 and I'm curious to know the step from T6 -> U...
Mr Roberts..... I hope you like beer because ALOT of people want to buy you one!

I tried that once. He ended up buying ME one, dammit!
#50 - ste_

S2 ALPHA - Patch U
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG