The online racing simulator
S2 ALPHA - Patch U
(127 posts, started )
Quote from Scawen :Hello Racers!

Announcing Patch U : A new official patch for S2 ALPHA

We are very pleased with the reaction to the S and T versions.
Various fixes and improvements have been done in the week since
version S was released. Thanks to all who tested and commented
on the test patches. Version U is quite an improvement and we expect
this to be the stable version for some time while we have a little
break then get on with more S2 work, on the way to S2 final.

Version U is fully compatible with versions S and T.

Changes since version S :

Race penalty statistics now sent to LFS World
Changed format of /track host startup command
Removed /config and /reversed startup commands
Some small frame rate optimisations in car draw
Hosts can now display a 200 character welcome message
Added a new command /tracks to specify allowed tracks
OutGauge system for external dashboards (see InSim.txt)
FOX / FO8 / BF1 all have their own dashboard colour slider
Translations and docs folder updated with new translations
Throttle blip on downshift now allowed again with manual clutch
Suspension stronger before it bends but then bends more quickly

FIX : LFS could crash sometimes when leaving a multiplayer game
FIX : Croatian and Serbian should always be correctly selected
FIX : Could view other racers ARB and Brake Balance online
FIX : LFS crash when starting up with Greek or Norwegian
FIX : Aston Grand Touring / North showed up as AS6 / AS7
FIX : Aston lessons had gone wrong with changed objects
FIX : Downloading Skin message was partially off screen
FIX : Could set wind in hotlapping using /wind command
FIX : Commands /track=as6 and /track=as7 did not work
FIX : Number entry in tyre setup menu did not work
FIX : XF GTI acceleration, PRO level was too easy
FIX : Colour alternation on list of games screen
FIX : LFS could crash when drawing a damaged car
FIX : Connecting player with different weather
FIX : Text command /leave had stopped working

PATCH and Full Version Downloads :

http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=downloads

DEDICATED HOST Download (1.5 MB) :

www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S2_DEDI_U.zip

Wow... I agree, you guys DO deserve a few weeks off!
Quote from Shotglass :maybe distributing the patches as sfx files would solve the problem for now

No, that's no easier to use than a zip file, because you still need to put it in the right place. And most people don't want to run an exe, they would prefer to just extract a zip manually.

So it would cause more problems than it would solve. For me it's just zip files or self updater. I'm not interested in self extracting files, installers, etc.
Quote from Scawen :No, that's no easier to use than a zip file, because you still need to put it in the right place.

dont think so all theyd need to do is brows to their lfs folder and click extract
either way i prefer zips too but it might help some of the less experienced pc users
#79 - Vain
Quote from Shotglass :dont think so all theyd need to do is brows to their lfs folder and click extract

So what's the exact difference to the current system?

Vain
Quick questions - What does MAX ALPHA OBS mean when online? I just saw that whilst admining the vMax server, but it doesn't seem to have done anything detrimental.
Quote from Scawen :No, that's no easier to use than a zip file, because you still need to put it in the right place. And most people don't want to run an exe, they would prefer to just extract a zip manually.

So it would cause more problems than it would solve. For me it's just zip files or self updater. I'm not interested in self extracting files, installers, etc.

scawen, the only reason why i started playing LFS was because for the longest time i accidentally locked myself out of being able to install stuff, so i couldn't install games, etc. (don't ask me how, it just happened...) and i couldn't reformat because i didn't have an XP CD. so basically lfs was the only game i played because it was the only game i could play, because of the zip... yay scawen!

i dont make sense because im a little tipsy off some green stuff.
Quote from Vain :So what's the exact difference to the current system?

you dont have to use any zip tools which seems to be too complex for some (including a few devolopers ... has anyone tried unpacking the nkp update to their nkp folder ?)
#83 - Vain
Quote from Shotglass :you dont have to use any zip tools which seems to be too complex for some (including a few devolopers ... has anyone tried unpacking the nkp update to their nkp folder ?)

That's great! You don't have to use a zip-tool and can now use an installer-tool!

*holds up a sign that says "Danger! Sarcasm! Do not feed!"*

Vain
which is essentially what people have been asking for
Thank you very much for all the latest patches! No problems at all with any of them at my end. Enjoy your time off, devs, you've earned it!
#86 - shim
btw should we all setup a setup "Get Scavier f**king drunk" fund?

where they cant spend the money on nothing but alcohole..
#87 - J.B.
Quote from Scawen :S2 ALPHA - Patch U

In Soviet Russia?
Quote from J.B. :In Soviet Russia?

???

Now you owe me $5 for using this brand!

mwahaha nice one
Scawen said that he would set Haze effect on as default in the new patch but for me its still off for some reason.
Quote from Honey :thanks to witness i'm not a visionary...
i have an asus nvidia 6600.
the strange thing i've never had any issue in any game/app when switching fullscreen/windowed and in lfs only occurs if i execute the exact 3 steps i mentioned before, if i do anything else i can switch lfs fullscreen/windowed like a mad and nothing bad happens...definately one of the less important bugs

What exact steps?
I have also Asus 6600.
And Using ALT-TAB between fullcreen and windowed mode is not recomended by graphics companies for games because it usuallz works but on some machines it just make weird things.
Quote from csimpok :Scawen said that he would set Haze effect on as default in the new patch but for me its still off for some reason.

Sorry for a silly question but did you check if you have Haze effect switched on?
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Sorry for a silly question but did you check if you have Haze effect switched on?

??? yes, haze effect is at "no" in otions menu. Or what do you mean?
Quote from csimpok :??? yes, haze effect is at "no" in otions menu. Or what do you mean?

So turn it on.Whats the issue then?
haha this is cool, loven it guys, keep up the good work
Quote from csimpok :??? yes, haze effect is at "no" in otions menu. Or what do you mean?

I guess you "just" installed the patch, instead of a full fresh reinstall. In that case the existing cfg is read and most settings are taken from there, so if the haze effect was disabled before, it's still disalbed now.

If you make a fresh install it will be turned on, but the setting will not be overriden by applying the patch. Atleast that's how I understand it.
This may be a stoopid question, but if I install this patch will I have to re-register the game and use up one of my licenses? I'm a casual gamer at best... I can probably live without the patch. I would, however, like to be able to drive the F1 car during the occasions I play.

I didn't do a thorough search on the subject... I was just kind of hoping someone would be able to provide a quick answer.

Thanks

S2 ALPHA - Patch U
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG