The online racing simulator
S2 ALPHA - Patch U
(127 posts, started )
You mentioned that the /track format had changed. Do you have a list of track 'codes' that can be used in the dedicated server config file?

Thanks.
Quote from -Steed- :You mentioned that the /track format had changed. Do you have a list of track 'codes' that can be used in the dedicated server config file?

Thanks.

Check your thread, I might have fixed your problem: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=7396

EDIT: See post #5 by SamH, he explains it there.
Quote from J.P (GB) :Gah why can i never extract the files properly.

Is there no easier way to giving out updates?

Sorry to be bitchin but it gets annoying when trying to do stuff like this.

Well its quite simple, just hit 'Extract to' then select your LFS folder and write over the previous files illepall
There's more.......???
In an age of penny pinching and selfishness you're just too kind to us.....
we don't deserve all this molly coddling...;.
I upgraded to Patch U, and my computer freezes.
Many times in race it just froze.

Thought it was a hardware issue, but after many frustraiting hours, I installed the T6 and it runs like a dream again.
Have not seen any others with same issue, but thougt i mention it here.

Have not tried installing the patch again.

Maybe I download it again, and try to install it again later today.
Quote from Honey :the new patch set the window while connecting and that was causing the problem, i set it to "NO" and never crashed til now (10 test done).
but it only occurs for the 3 steps i indicated, if i switch to full screen to desktop and viceversa many times after i do something, everything is fine.

i think it has to do with some directx initializations.

For the record, my PC can have issues changing from full screen to windowed, its not new to this patch, I am pretty certain its down to the ATI GFX card though.

Dan,

It really takes 5 seconds.

1) Put the zip file in your LFS folder.
2) Right click.
3) Select "extract to here".

EDIT : I'm aware that you're not the only one who finds it confusing, and ends up getting the files in the wrong place. I'm considering a self-updating system for later patches. I wouldn't use it for Test Patches but it could be a good thing for Official Patches. It would download the files and put them in place. All you would have to do is run LFS and click "yes" when it asks you if you want to update.
#59 - Jakg

what, clicking "extract here" is so hard?
Nice patch! Thank you! :biggrinfl
getting better, but i often get a "crash to desktop" or even "crah to "computer off"" ...in most cases @ changing windowed > full screen mode ...(got newewst driver updates n everithing else is fine , but W2K!)illepall

that was in almost every version since s2 came out...local prob?
(no...the grfx card doesnt overheat, its active-coooled)

maybe some of u came across same probs this can be annoying...very !
#63 - Vain
@CHR:
It's a local problem.
Firstly, switching between fullscreen and windowed is considered unstable by many gfx-manufacturers (though it works on 99,8% of all mashines). You might try a new DX-version.

Vain
Quote from CHR20000 :getting better, but i often get a "crash to desktop" or even "crah to "computer off"" ...in most cases @ changing windowed > full screen mode ...(got newewst driver updates n everithing else is fine , but W2K!)illepall

I'm switching a lot between windowed and full screen mode and never had a crash... maybe it's the w2k what gets screwed up (running xp here). Do you get a crash adress when this happens?
i updated my drivers and that crashing while Alt Tabbing went away.
Quote from Jakg :what, clicking "extract here" is so hard?

Its not hard ive done that i just keep getting it in the wrong file. Ithink i have it done now tho. I renamed the file from LFS Alpha patch s to u bla bla to the original name of alpha p and let it replace/update all the files.

Thanks scawen hope that idea works well. Sorry for the confusion i caused.
Thanks alot for staying close with the users, unique response times!
Quote from ste_ :last time i saw something like that my graphics card was in the process of dieing.

But it works fine in the other versions...

Quote from Pellick :This happened to me once, I believe I just reinstalled the game instead of trying to fix the issue... But how about reinstalling/updating your graphics card driver?

i've installed the latest graphic card drives, reinstalled the game after that... but still like before...

(sorry my english)
Well the U patch has just fixed my graphics...so I cant complain really...

Nice work developers..
Replay Analysers Data
I've just updated the PTH and SMX files for the new Aston.

http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=analysers

For anyone who doesn't know, PTH and SMX files are used for displaying the track, in replay analysers, spectator programs, and various other addon programs.
Nice to see a lot of these small issues fixed now

Hopefully acceleration won't be an issue anymore after next patch. Have nice holidays ...
Just a heads up for any server admins out there, the track parameter has changed, and config and reversed no longer exist.

This prevented my server starting.
Quote from danowat :For the record, my PC can have issues changing from full screen to windowed, its not new to this patch, I am pretty certain its down to the ATI GFX card though.

Dan,

thanks to witness i'm not a visionary...
i have an asus nvidia 6600.

the strange thing i've never had any issue in any game/app when switching fullscreen/windowed and in lfs only occurs if i execute the exact 3 steps i mentioned before, if i do anything else i can switch lfs fullscreen/windowed like a mad and nothing bad happens...definately one of the less important bugs

Quote from CHR20000 :getting better, but i often get a "crash to desktop" or even "crah to "computer off"" ...in most cases @ changing windowed > full screen mode ...(got newewst driver updates n everithing else is fine , but W2K!)illepall

[sarchasm mode on]
that must be caused by your ISP, everything's fine here
[sarchasm mode off]
Got he patch - thanks a lot great
Quote from Scawen :I'm aware that you're not the only one who finds it confusing, and ends up getting the files in the wrong place. I'm considering a self-updating system for later patches. I wouldn't use it for Test Patches but it could be a good thing for Official Patches. It would download the files and put them in place. All you would have to do is run LFS and click "yes" when it asks you if you want to update.

maybe distributing the patches as sfx files would solve the problem for now

S2 ALPHA - Patch U
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG