The online racing simulator
S2 ALPHA - Patch U
(127 posts, started )
Yes, you have to unlock the game again after installing the patch. You also have to unlock the game again if you change something on your hardware. Thats how it works. Search this forum. You will find a lot of threads.

And no, you cannot live without the patch! You will not find that much servers hosting the old version. So you can't play online anymore.
patch Q to new versions you need to activate.

patch S / T to U you don´t have to activate S2.
Quote from lanzerco :This may be a stoopid question, but if I install this patch will I have to re-register the game and use up one of my licenses? I'm a casual gamer at best... I can probably live without the patch. I would, however, like to be able to drive the F1 car during the occasions I play.

If you haven't already unlocked the F1 version, then you will need to use an unlock. That only takes a few seconds though - it's no big deal. Every month we increase your number of unlocks available, up to a maximum of two. So by using an unlock, you lose... absolutely nothing!
I don't mind this, just wanted to let you know.. I'm getting the same problem with the invisible drivers body in the gti and gt.

Think It was the rac and uf1 which had this before, i might have just not seen it with the gti+gt.
Quote from Scawen :If you haven't already unlocked the F1 version, then you will need to use an unlock. That only takes a few seconds though - it's no big deal. Every month we increase your number of unlocks available, up to a maximum of two. So by using an unlock, you lose... absolutely nothing!

Cool... thanks for the help. And actually I have never raced online yet... I'm still on dial-up (it's not even offered in my rural area), so that doesn't weigh on my decision. I'll do it up and probably get back into it more than my wife and kids would like

Again, I appreciate the help, and you've built one helluva game!
Quote from WGooden :I don't mind this, just wanted to let you know.. I'm getting the same problem with the invisible drivers body in the gti and gt.

Think It was the rac and uf1 which had this before, i might have just not seen it with the gti+gt.

Please describe the problem and provide screenies. But better do it on the bug reports forum. As I've said before, the driver's body should only vanish when you can hardly see it. And that's why I disabled this optimisation on the open top road cars. Just saying you are getting a problem isn't much help at all, because I need to know the specific situations, where a highly visible driver's body is not being drawn.
Scawen I saw this today and saved a replay.

I think it might have to do with the driver's helmet not loading.

I have a replay here and watch from inside my car at the 45 second mark. Put it in slow motion and and use your look left key to watch the car to the LEFT of me. As I pull along side him you can see the driver body, but then occassionaly it would dissapear. While I was playing online, I noticed this when I pressed look left. I suppose this is the player that I could not load the helmet for in the beginning. That might be the problem? Either way, I hope this helps. (Oh and I was using a custom view (roof cam)). So this driver was only right beside me, it wasn't far away

OH, and another bug I found while doing this. When the player's suit was invisible, I PAUSED it. When I paused it, I started pressing my look left keys and nothing happened. The view would be 'frozen' to the front view and whenever I pressed the button to look left, the top rear-view mirror would dissapear. Kind of wierd. (Basically just pause the game, and try to look left and right in custom view, it does not work). So it was hard to post a screenshot.
Attached files
invisible driver.mpr - 134.6 KB - 178 views
And here is a screenshot showing it. While taking this screenshot, the driver was only invisible when the car was showing, but if I put Forces view on, the driver was visible.
Attached images
invisible_dude.jpg
Nice
Good job
Quote from Da Mc Style :Why is the arcade mode gone in LFS S2 ALPHA U ?

Could it be a problem if I downloaded the game from 'scratsh' (like the site says, download page) or what is the problem?

Please help me !

Thanks.

Arcade mode? There never was arcade mode and if it was ever put in, you'd never see me on these forums again. EVER.
Arcade mode in :lfs:...?
Run Da Mc Style, RUN u said ARCADE on lfs forum u're in for a 50 page thread of mad ppl that hate the word arcade
Maybe he mis-used the word arcade, and means S2?

Dunno how anyone could mix those up, tbh, but when it's late I can mix up about ever pair of words I know
I don't hate the word "arcade" at all, it's just that I don't see what :lfs: has got to do with.
Maybe you were driving GTR? That has arcade mode...
Quote from Da Mc Style :Why is the arcade mode gone in LFS S2 ALPHA U ?

Could it be a problem if I downloaded the game from 'scratsh' (like the site says, download page) or what is the problem?

Please help me !

Thanks.

would you be the same mcazerty that admitted to using an unlocker in your sig for practice for your demo team?
Those are joke screenshots. Nothing real. Nothing to see... move on now
Haha I made that screen. Funny to see someone actually believed it.
Quote from Scawen :Please describe the problem and provide screenies. But better do it on the bug reports forum. As I've said before, the driver's body should only vanish when you can hardly see it. And that's why I disabled this optimisation on the open top road cars. Just saying you are getting a problem isn't much help at all, because I need to know the specific situations, where a highly visible driver's body is not being drawn.

It just had to do with the User LOD. I put mine down around .80 and the driver body would disappear at certain points of a turn when in chase view. It only disappears when it is a certain distance away from the camera depending on the User LOD. I cranked it up to 1.00 and the body is visible all the time from what I can tell.

At any User LOD below .80, the body is invisible in chase view all the time.
LONG LIVE THE DEVS!

many thanks scawen
Quote from NetDemon01 :It just had to do with the User LOD. I put mine down around .80 and the driver body would disappear at certain points of a turn when in chase view. It only disappears when it is a certain distance away from the camera depending on the User LOD. I cranked it up to 1.00 and the body is visible all the time from what I can tell.

At any User LOD below .80, the body is invisible in chase view all the time.

My User LOD has always been 1.00. I tested it with my replay, changing the amount, and it didn't help. It was always dissapearing for me. Maybe it is another option connected with the LOD.
The only other thing I can think of affecting the LOD is the "Screen width affects LOD" option. Try switching that on/off, because if you run anything different than 1024x768 then this option modifies the LOD, too.
Im having axis trouble it keep's twiching strange since this new patch i have logitech dual action controller with new driver's any one else had the same problem...
I also have the driver body vanish problem.
FOV 80º and LOD 1.00
- and like allready stated,
its when the camera in tv view get more than a certain distance away.
...in the single seater cars its working fine though.

-another thing... sometimes it seems like the suit is "changing" when it incloses a certain distance in tv view.
I think since i installed this Patch, my FPS going down everytime anyone is going out of the Box, or joining the Server. Clean Racing isn't posible anymore because sometimes i have VERY low FPS, then i cant steering :eclipsee_ and hitting a wall, player or something else.

Is there a way to deinstall this Patch

S2 ALPHA - Patch U
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG