The online racing simulator
Worst car EVER
(120 posts, started )
Quote from S14 DRIFT :You know what is a better car, also is exempt from congestion charge (and thus either is no tax or a very nominal amount ie £30 a month)?

Toyota Auris for a start
Golf Bluemotion.
Volvo V50 DRIVe 1.6

For a company car, CO2 is where a lot of the cost comes from - the Prius has a much lower figure than pretty much anything (being a hybrid in a contrived test), which makes it a LOT cheaper than a lot of "conventional" cars.
Quote from tristancliffe :

Really? Well, when I'm doing over 100mph and the economy readout (every 5 minutes) is saying over 45mph then I must be imagining it. The economy meter thingy is backed up with fill-up calcs too. Driven sensibly I can easily get over 50mph averages.

I'd love to see that. My Golf at 100Mph does about 25mpg as I have the onscreen readout which is pretty accurate I doubt your car does double. Now OK fair enough to you, if your trip computer says that 100mph you get 45mpg who am I to doubt that.

For reference I average about 53.5mpg in my car which involves a 3 mile stop-start, heavy traffic cold engine commute 5 days a week. I don't drive "slowly" when out and about either, overtake most things lol. If I drove "sensibly" then I'd probably get about 65 average. The key is smoothness and forward planning!! Pointless flooring it only to have to slow down at the next set of lights..you see there are traffic heads 300 yards ahead which have just gone red, off the accelerator and let the car coast slowing itself without wasting energy using brakes...free mpg.

Quote :The interior is pretty horrid actually. There are various company tax benefits to be had with a hybrid that the Auris, Golf and Volvo can't manage either. I believe the list of contenders for her replacement is a Peugeot (looks HORRIBLE), Insight and CR-Z.

I was just taken aback by the screens etc, I hated the gearstick that's one thing that did annoy me.
The CRZ is pretty nice, haven't driven one but sat in one and fitted me fine, really sporty driving position but it'd probably be slow as shit...even the tuned one isn't THAT quick - but you know there's more to life than saving 50 quid here and there on Tax...I'm not sure about company car tax as I'm not involved in that (and it's probably more than £50) but I know I'd rather pay a little more in CC tax and have something like a Volvo diesel or the VW diesel than a hybrid. The diesels will be both more reliable, quicker, nicer to drive and more economical - but in terms of running costs and "kindness to the environment" any of the cars I've listed is better, mainly the Volvo and the Veedub because the big heavy batteries in the hybrids are very very bad and need replacing (at your expense) every 5-7 years.

Quote :But what would you know. You've never driven a hybrid. You've probably never sat in one even.

Again Tristan you jump to conclusions, Octagon Toyota in Reading, test drove a Prius about 6 months ago after having being given a lift home from a work party by an ex-colleague who owned a Focus...no wait, I mean a Prius. (I wasn't drinking it was just ending late, cold and raining and I didn't want to ride my motorcycle so you can't argue alcohol impaired my judgement :razz

Sorry sorry but wrong on both counts. I don't generally make up stuff on cars, only on matters of politics
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I'm not sure about company car tax as I'm not involved in that (and it's probably more than £50) but I know I'd rather pay a little more in CC tax and have something like a Volvo diesel or the VW diesel than a hybrid.

Theres a lot larger difference than you'd think...
Worst car ever? Lada or Moskvich. No doubt. Time to close thread.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I'd love to see that. My Golf at 100Mph does about 25mpg as I have the onscreen readout which is pretty accurate I doubt your car does double. Now OK fair enough to you, if your trip computer says that 100mph you get 45mpg who am I to doubt that.

LOL! My truck gets better than that. Your golf must be shit. I cruse at 100mph at 2,500RPM, no worries and get around 26-27mpg. Get 30mpg if I obey the speed limit. Through town I really suffer though. Range Rovers weren't made for stop start traffic.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :LOL! My truck gets better than that. Your golf must be shit. I cruse at 100mph at 2,500RPM, no worries and get around 26-27mpg. Get 30mpg if I obey the speed limit. Through town I really suffer though. Range Rovers weren't made for stop start traffic.

At 80 I get about 53, at 100 though my turbo is hovering closer to 20psi and I'm doing about 3000rpm, it does about 34mph per 1000 rpm.
Just because you have a druggie dillah car.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

At 80 I get about 53, at 100 though my turbo is hovering closer to 20psi and I'm doing about 3000rpm, it does about 34mph per 1000 rpm.
Just because you have a druggie dillah car.

For those reasons, I regret ditching my van, she hardly touched the fuel.

Well I need a vehicle that is in-keeping with my career. By the by, need me to fix you up with anything?
Quote from TypeRacing :Worst car ever? Lada or Moskvich. No doubt. Time to close thread.

I think you wrote to the wrong thread, didn't you mean the best car ever?
I'm still sticking with ZEV Smiley, a poor smart rip-off with electric engine.

Really pimp interior, can't post in img tags, too big pic.

http://y.delfi.ee/orig/145113/7590543_TfbmVZ.jpeg
#110 - AJS
Quote from -NightFly- :And why is this on worst car thread?

ok ill open a new thread:

worst deals you find online while looking for an used car...
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :For those reasons, I regret ditching my van, she hardly touched the fuel.

Well I need a vehicle that is in-keeping with my career. By the by, need me to fix you up with anything?

5 grams in a blunt?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_126

the 126, my granny meet my granddad working in these facotorys back years beyond And to this day the 126p still has a special place in my heart.... Well

if my heart was a car crusher ! Nie kocham maluch >.>
One of my teachers had a Fiat 126. On the last day of the 6th form, 20 of us picked it up and put it on top of a 1-metre-high concrete building that was in the school car-park.

What in the name of Satan's anus is that?

"Oh, that looks quite a nice vintaggggaaarghh!!!"

10 out of 10 for the parking job too.
America just beat you all again

Not only ugly, but also unreliable!
Polish 126 Rallycross division races are very exciting to watch!
Was going to nominate the updated mini, the one with the same name as the paris underground system, then saw allegro's had been mentioned. 2 pieces of such undiluted $hite mentioned in the 1 thread could damage the very fabric of reality so will have to settle for the maestro instead. The one with innovative features such as a self righteous cow ordering you to put your seatbelt on, a true icon of Thatcher's Britain.
Quote from KiRmelius :Polish 126 Rallycross division races are very exciting to watch!

haven bought one for 100 Zt in poland and got 12 days driving out of it....

even in march... Every day was rally driving ( nearly put it up the Arse of a lovely lancia stratos too... which was prob's just a kit car, but still, a good one at that ! )
This!

Attached images
VW_New_new_Beetle-02.jpg
Nuh-uh, the model before was worse than that

Worst car EVER
(120 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG