The online racing simulator
Great news concerning those who watch the BBC F1 coverage!!! [SOLVED - LEGARD FIRED]
Anyone know if this is true? It will be fantastic if so!!!
OH YES, GEEZUS
Very cool, if it'll happen
I generally didn't like legard for his mistakes and pointing out the obvious I can see already. Possible problems of coming form the radio I would guess. In saying that though, I don't know if Coulthard will be the best commentator. I don't know if we will get another Murray but I liked the chemistry between Murray and Brundle. Murray with his excitment and Martin with his calmer but detailed knowledge. So not sure how will it will work with Brundle and Coulthard but now there is at least hope.
Seriously, We need Ali G to do the commentating for the season.
I hope it turns out to be true, I would like to see David Croft in his place. I do not think that Coulthard would work as I think you need a commentator type to work with the racing experience of Brundle....but lets be honest anyone would be better than Legard.
Good move
With DC, who would be the leading commentator?
Quote from deggis :With DC, who would be the leading commentator?

Thinking the same here - DC and MB do basically the same role :S
#12 - 5haz
They should get Brian Blessed in.
Gordon's Alive?
I miss Murray

That guy was the voice to my childhood, every Sunday morning (every sunday morning that there was a race, anyways).
Quote from MAGGOT :I miss Murray

That guy was the voice to my childhood, every Sunday morning (every sunday morning that there was a race, anyways).

Yep, same here. I loved his excitement when we would go racing.

I don't know about DC as a main commentator, I do think crofty would do a stunning job, but I would not want to break up the 5 live team as him and ant do a great job. I don't know, I guess we will all see how it plays out.
Who'll fill in for DC if a F1 race weekend happens to clash with his DTM commitments? Crofty should be alright then, surely...he'd have a busy sunday, calling the race and then recording the 5Live podcast :X
Quote from Greboth :I generally didn't like legard for his mistakes and pointing out the obvious I can see already. Possible problems of coming form the radio I would guess. In saying that though, I don't know if Coulthard will be the best commentator. I don't know if we will get another Murray but I liked the chemistry between Murray and Brundle. Murray with his excitment and Martin with his calmer but detailed knowledge. So not sure how will it will work with Brundle and Coulthard but now there is at least hope.

Coulthard will be the secondary commentator, Brundle will obviously take roll as the main commentator..

Strangely nobody seems to have come to that conclusion, they seem to think DC will take the lead commentary role, well it seems a no brainer, MB has experience before 1997 and DC has experience from then til 2008 so it makes sense that DC takes the 'advisory' commentary role, why hasn't anybody but me realised that? It doesn't seem that hard, just cos Legard is out and DC is in you automatically think he's replacing Legard's entire? lol I find that amusing.
I think MB does the lead role quite well, he can get excited about what's going on without getting it totally wrong all the time. DC would be good in the support role, he has done it already this season when they have cut to him during a race to get his opinion.
the way he was laughing was funny
I have said this many times, but BBC can we please have a separate channel with the Top Gear trio commentating?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG