The online racing simulator
#152 - CSF
Lol, an "o" too much, we updated the chicken, kind of
Quote from IsaacPrice :I kinda got a bit carried away with the contact you refer to though Momo, slightly missed my braking point and had nowhere to go except into the side of Pierre. I think you were a bit kind with the little contact thing though...

That's the race, anyway finishing the race is a good result
Quote from CSF :Lets play a game:

What happens next?

Ellis wanders onto the track telling us how awesome his new laptop is and how well his DIY weather station is coming along.
I like to thank you too you Boothy, you did great job for us. We really appreciate your help for this round and that you have helped us the whole season.

5th is very good result and I want to thank all of this race.
#157 - CSF
Quote from J@tko :Ellis wanders onto the track telling us how awesome his new laptop is and how well his DIY weather station is coming along.

I wish

Just wanted to pop in and sent my grats to the podium and those who managed to finish this tough race. Very difficult track this fernie and the fact alone that a team finishes sucha hard event is admirable.
In 4th hour after our painful accident I sat behind the wheel. After safety car mIRC was filled with messages like "use your eyes ffs!" or "runas is killing everyone".. It made me a bit angry because first of all you need to find out how everything was and not to shout. I am talking about "29 - Angel Power Racing" team. There were two contacts between you and me, but I am not guilty in none of them.

Use your head..
Runas, you were a lap down on us and blocked us numerous times. No need whatsoever and nothing gained by your team. We didn't protest you, but please, next time make sure your team manager knows what is going on and tells you to yield when you should.
Driving:
Calm down when on track, I know it looks like 1 lap sprint race even if it's 6 hour race but... be careful, I don't care if you drive aggressively for the best time (pushing the limit/car) but don't drive aggressively against other cars!
This is not a sprint race on a public demo server as it sometimes looked like that yesterday.

You gotta know when you can or can't overtake, I'm sick of having to move away and let you pass in a no pass possible situations just not to get wrecked by your pedal to the metal I'm not gonna move away an inch behavior, we're going 3 wide in to a high speed chicane and play a Russian roulette, the one with most luck will survive and for the other 2 it's race over.
I would like you to imagine the pain or loss it would have been in real life when you do such a stupid move, 33% overtook but got banned for life from racing coz the other 2 got injured/killed, 33% car wrecked + lot of pain + months in hospital, 34% dead coz you hitted a wall in 160km/h (the car might survive that but your internal organs won't).

SC:
I think using so much SCs was not necessary, as when somebody is on the roof and is not on the track, it's race over for him (spectate) as in real life the track personnel would remove the car and there would be only yellow flag in the area.

SC IMHO should be used only when there is more cars involved, wrecks on track, and the section when there is something on track is too dangerous to use only yellow flag.

Also when somebody damages their car so much that it can't steer and get to pits by itself it's IMHO race over for them, why to call SC and push them to pits? The car has so much damage that it's not drivable in real life (LFS also) and has to retire from race, sorry but that's how it goes.

I think it's fine to give a push to a car when it gets stuck in sand etc. as the car is undamaged and can continue without help around track.

If you need help to get around track, then it's race over for you IMHO. (Well you'll loose so much time that you can't get a good position anyway.)
Quote from JackCY :SC:
I think using so much SCs was not necessary, as when somebody is on the roof and is not on the track, it's race over for him (spectate) as in real life the track personnel would remove the car and there would be only yellow flag in the area.

SC IMHO should be used only when there is more cars involved, wrecks on track, and the section when there is something on track is too dangerous to use only yellow flag.

Also when somebody damages their car so much that it can't steer and get to pits by itself it's IMHO race over for them, why to call SC and push them to pits? The car has so much damage that it's not drivable in real life (LFS also) and has to retire from race, sorry but that's how it goes.

Yes you are right, too many SCs were used yesterday I think. Because of so many SCs it was impossible to get in same lap with others
#28's race:

Started 8th and made a great start getting to 3rd into T1 but was spun. After my 3 hours of driving we was back in running for the win. Javi took over and had some bad luck after being wiped out in the tight hairpin on sc1 and getting some huge damage. Lucky for us the SC helped alot, and in my final stint i was 5th or so but after alot of SC I was back into 3rd or so. Eventually overtaking TDRT and Zion to take the win. Grats to everybody who finished the race as it was very tough. I would like to say to a big thanks to Patrick from F1RST for making an apsolutely awesome set
Quote from jasonmatthews :Runas, you were a lap down on us and blocked us numerous times. No need whatsoever and nothing gained by your team. We didn't protest you, but please, next time make sure your team manager knows what is going on and tells you to yield when you should.

You exaggerate it a bit. I blocked you just once because i thought you are behind us, but then i was informed that you are one lap in front and then i let you pass. Yes, im guilty but you say that I blocked you many times. Would be nice to know when it happened. By the way, you also crashed me once.
Quote from MonkeyHead :Yes you are right, too many SCs were used yesterday I think. Because of so many SCs it was impossible to get in same lap with others

every time I built some gap before racers after me, SC came and it was all wasted...and noone can deny that SC caused half of the crashes...
there are always people who lose because of SC....some gain positions but if you are 2 minutes in front of someone and they shorten the gap to practicaly zero it is also not very fair...yes it is according to rules and I am not completely against SC but please dont use it 5 times during one stint...
Quote from JackCY :SC:

I don't think I've ever seen flips/stuck cars in real life be dealt with just waved yellows - except in cases where the race only has a few laps left, or places which allow live snatches under double waved yellows (Le Mans, Silverstone etc) but with only an RB4 to deal with the cars, we can hardly a) tow them away, and b) position an RB4 at each corner so that we don't have to wait for a gap in traffic to get to the stricken car.

We don't have a system in LFS to show cars in a certain area with a flag so we can't do local yellows ourselves.

Also the funny thing about the 1st SC, was that Drunk only damaged their 2nd damper when they hit a stack of tyres in the corner after the chicane

Quote from MonkeyHead :Yes you are right, too many SCs were used yesterday I think. Because of so many SCs it was impossible to get in same lap with others

Surely you want SCs if you are a lap down, so that you can try and overtake the leader and get your lap back?

Quote from kart-36 :Started 8th and made a great start getting to 3rd into T1 but was spun.

I looked at that and thought your move around the outside of DJ was "ambitious"

Quote from bavorak :every time I built some gap before racers after me, SC came and it was all wasted...and noone can deny that SC caused half of the crashes...
there are always people who lose because of SC....some gain positions but if you are 2 minutes in front of someone and they shorten the gap to practicaly zero it is also not very fair...yes it is according to rules and I am not completely against SC but please dont use it 5 times during one stint...

Shit happens, and if the SC is needed 5 times in a stint, then it'll come out 5 times in a stint...
Quote from bavorak :...I am not completely against SC but please dont use it 5 times during one stint...

I had 6x SC in the last stint of race, I guess that I've been able to do max 6 proper race laps out of the 20, well proper... it was just fighting for position and moose testing
Quote from boothy :
Shit happens, and if the SC is needed 5 times in a stint, then it'll come out 5 times in a stint...

but you also have to admit that those crashes after which SC has to come out were caused by previous SCs...drivers in this league arent so skilled to cope with 5 cars around them pushing from every side... of course it is matter of thoughtfulness but sometimes it is just being on a wrong place at wrong time or lack of experience to deal with such difficult situations...especially so many times during short period
#169 - CSF
There were only 2 SC's after SC's. There was one instance of a car in the way with a "yellow" and two cars smashed into it. SC out was always the right thing to do to recover cars/ensure that morons didn't pile in and make it worse.
For god sake don't post massive pictures in this thread!!!
Quote from boothy :For god sake don't post massive pictures in this thread!!!

I made them smaller now, what's wrong with pictures?
That's better, it's just that it takes a long time to scroll and the filesizes are big
Quote from boothy :That's better, it's just that it takes a long time to scroll and the filesizes are big

Yeah made it smaller now it's only 3MB progressive JPG now, I do understand that loading the pictures might take some time, I'm 100mb/s connected to the server with pictures theoretically so I asked on IRC
LFS' crash physics are un realistic
If they where realistic, no one would of finished

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG