The online racing simulator
Quote from bavorak :I dont want to be mean but I ve just accidentaly noticed that according to official results 7Karat hasnt finished race of round 2 but in result table they have 2 points despite the fact they have finished only 60% of distance winner team did (if this rule is in effect but imho it is logical to give points only to teams which do at least 75% of winner´s laps) and they also have points for finishing all the races (if I understand correctly those 10 point bonus in green column)

As far as I know, starting a race is enough to be eligible for championship points, even if you retire in lap 1.

You get the 10 bonus points for starting all races without receiving a disqualification(XIII.; 3). 7Karat started round 1 and 2 without getting any disqualification, and therefore is still eligible for this bonus points.

Quote from bavorak :edit: what about for example "*" sign to the points of the team who got pole position...because sometimes it is quite hard to find which one it was

This actually makes sence.
#152 - CSF
Quote from bavorak :I dont want to be mean but I ve just accidentaly noticed that according to official results 7Karat hasnt finished race of round 2 but in result table they have 2 points despite the fact they have finished only 60% of distance winner team did (if this rule is in effect but imho it is logical to give points only to teams which do at least 75% of winner´s laps) and they also have points for finishing all the races (if I understand correctly those 10 point bonus in green column)

edit: what about for example "*" sign to the points of the team who got pole position...because sometimes it is quite hard to find which one it was

As Yann says, you start the race you get points.

edit: what about for example "*" sign to the points of the team who got pole position...because sometimes it is quite hard to find which one it was

Maybe next time.....
Small report from Tiger Express Motorsports' point of view I posted on our website. Enjoy.

Quote :

Round 2 of the 2011 Grand Touring Amateur League season took part on the 20th November 2010 at the very FXR-unfriendly Westhill International circuit, for a 3 Hours race. No miracle for Tiger Express: it was an hard race, with a frustrating result in the end.

Qualifying was done by Frenchman Yann Laprevotte. TEM’s leader decided that his chances weren’t much high in that session, and therefore decided to focus only on race preparations. This and very good standards(all 28 cars grouped in less than 2 seconds) are the reasons why TEM could only take the 27th and penultimate seat on the grid, just in front of 2010 IGTC champions Conquest Racing.

The start, as everyone expected, was messy. First of all, a bit of coming together between newcomers from Belgium, Crazy Drivers Team, and Canada’s Great White Nord Racing sent the latters’ XRR into a spin a few seconds after the start, but nothing serious. The first big incident came at Turn 1, when the 2 Sud-Americans Kaique Piropo(CoRe Racing) and Eduardo Leyton(Just Driving) clashed and went into the barriers in a very dramatic fashion, and both got bad suspension damage. The chaos continued as a few seconds later, as several teams went off at the very infamous sector 2 chicane.

TEM’s starting driver Yann Laprevotte had no issue avoiding that mess. But unfortunately, he quickly got stuck in the back of the pack, and hadn’t the pace to climb up. He finished his stint at the 1 Hour mark around 20th position, and gave his car to his countryman Lims Chebbi, who turned 32 a few days before the race.

The Safety Car came for the first and only time of the day not long after the 1 Hour mark, to let Sweden’s Independant Racing Mates’s very damaged FXR to get back to the pits. This was a very bad timing for Tiger Express, as Lims had just been lapped by leaders Adenoids Racing. This meant that Lims would see all the people he was chasing taking almost a whole lap on him, while he would loose all the gap he built on the cars behind. Though struggling for pace, Lims would manage to not loose many positions later in his stint.

Lims would give the car to Vince Lombardi at the second hour mark, for the last stint of the race. Though Vince had the best pace of the squad, it was to late to gain back the ground lost earlier in the race. Tiger Express eventually finished in 19th place out of 27 finishers.

The race was won by 2009 and 2010 champions E-Team, gaining their 3rd victory in GTAL history, and getting back to the 2011 title chase after a catastrophic round 1. Guest team Adenoids Racing finished lass than a second behind, while Sonicrealms Racing took the points for 2nd for the second time in a row, which allows them to take the championship lead, partly thanks to ex-TEM member Dominik Engel’s current good shape. The XCite Inferno takes 3rd and climbs to 2nd at the championship.

With 2 rounds out of 7 completed, TEM lies only 20th at the championship. Next round, the 6 Hours of Fern Bay Black, held on the 18th December, will be a good opportunity to gain vital championship points.

-
(Framaris) DELETED by boothy
-
(Framaris) DELETED by boothy

Round 2: Race Discussion
(154 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG