The online racing simulator
Round 2: Race Discussion
While we finish Round 1 stuff, have it anyway.

Event: 3 Hours of Westhill International
Circuit Code: WE1

Qualifying Session 1: 14 November 2010 19:00 UTC Group 1 - 19:40 UTC Group 2
Qualifying Session 2: 19 November 2010 19:00 UTC Group 1 - 19:40 UTC Group 2
Race Session: 20 November 2010 18:00 UTC

Official Track Map with official corner numbering attached.
Attached images
WE1.png
#2 - Seb66
People wanting to drive for the guest car - We want any amateur driver who hasn't got a drive or is unlikely to get a drive any time soon, that is willing to join 'us' on teamspeak and put in effort into a GTAL race, with the guidance of "advanced drivers" mainly me, PMD, SCA-F1 and Bash0r.. Obviously you do need to be able to drive at a decent level and also put in work and show a willingness to improve. We are mainly looking for people with potential to do well under guidance. Drop one of us a PM if you are interested and you will be considered for a drive
Oh crap I'm hating this already.
we1r ftw!
Quote from jrd.racer :Oh crap I'm hating this already.
we1r ftw!

well for 1 lap hotlapping...a good track..I am enjoying it but I can do maybe 1 or 2 a decent laps in 5 attempts which means that so far I am absolutely unsuitable for 1 hour stint but I hope it will get better ... training training training should be the key
Quote from bavorak :well for 1 lap hotlapping...a good track..I am enjoying it but I can do maybe 1 or 2 a decent laps in 5 attempts which means that so far I am absolutely unsuitable for 1 hour stint but I hope it will get better ... training training training should be the key

This is exactly why it's one of the best tracks for GTR endurance imo
first thing: when connecting to NDR GTAL server it says Round 3

second: i believe this will gonna be an interesting race, i'm afraid many will crash at the tyrewall chicane, turn 4 is also critical, because of going wide there, loosing the rear of your car and spin. and missing breaking point at turn 10 will also cause many troubles

10 days left until first qualy, setup quite good so far, need to practice a lot, because i believe half a second faster is possible for me, but as i can see it will be hopeless against all the fast FZ9 & XR9's, they're fkn fast
we are still working on the endurance setup, the front right tyre is heating up to quick

when will the guestteam be announced ?
Quote from reason0809 :second: i believe this will gonna be an interesting race, i'm afraid many will crash at the tyrewall chicane, turn 4 is also critical, because of going wide there, loosing the rear of your car and spin. and missing breaking point at turn 10 will also cause many troubles

10 days left until first qualy, setup quite good so far, need to practice a lot, because i believe half a second faster is possible for me, but as i can see it will be hopeless against all the fast FZ9 & XR9's, they're fkn fast

This track hosted GTAL in the inaugural season back in 2009 already, everything went fine IIRC. I can only recall of a huge incident between Fubar and some other team I can't recall in the very last lap of the race, but it wasn't really due to the layout in itself.

About FX9, I guess it'll be more or less the worst track of the season for them.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :About FX9, I guess it'll be more or less the worst track of the season for them.

+1. Any FX2 in the Top10 should be considered same as a victory, I think.
#9 - Seb66
Quote from R.Kolz :+1. Any FX2 in the Top10 should be considered same as a victory, I think.

That wasn't the case last year.. GraVt got a 2nd at WE1R
Quote from Seb66 :That wasn't the case last year.. GraVt got a 2nd at WE1R

Yeah, and i think 7K got 4th or 5th. Stability is the key ^^
Quote from Flingoko :Yeah, and i think 7K got 4th or 5th. Stability is the key ^^

"R" .. Well, let´s see who is right.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :This track hosted GTAL in the inaugural season back in 2009 already, everything went fine IIRC.

I don't have such good memories. IIRC You managed to ruin the engine while getting a pucture while being passed by Passo for 16th. And all that after I had just done an awesome stint with 40 consecutive fastest laps.
Well so far I was only hotlaping...it went quite well and I did time I ve never even dreamt about...so now it is time to test how the xrr behaves on R3R3 and I have to say...it is completely different car...it has so less grip and gears doesnt fit at all... I thought it would be easier to make a race setup from almost perfect hotlap but as I can see now it isnt... a lot of hard work and training will be necessary...
and the key in race will be not crashing...not driving so fast...because almost every corner is dangerous and every tiny mistake can make you huge troubles
Quote from hyntty :

I don't have such good memories. IIRC You managed to ruin the engine while getting a pucture while being passed by Passo for 16th. And all that after I had just done an awesome stint with 40 consecutive fastest laps.

But in Yann's defense, he did one of the qualy sessions with GT3 restrictions, and wasn't last IIRC.....
Quote from z-ro 8 :But in Yann's defense, he did one of the qualy sessions with GT3 restrictions, and wasn't last IIRC.....

Did I? :o

Well, Niko was running with no restrictions at all at for 2009 round 3, I guess that was enough for poor Scuderia Forza
hey Holmes, thanks for the help !
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :

Well, Niko was running with no restrictions at all at for 2009 round 3, I guess that was enough for poor Scuderia Forza

Oh that Niko kid. I wish he was still around. So many happy memories.
Like me, but not on the track.
-
(hyntty) DELETED by hyntty
-
(niels1) DELETED by dekojester : thread cleanup :|
-
(boothy) DELETED by dekojester : thread cleanup :|
-
(niels1) DELETED by dekojester : thread cleanup :|
-
(baSh0r) DELETED by dekojester : thread cleanup :|
I particularly find it upsetting that a race discussion thread was potentially derailed into a massive argument just because of one comment, that was not taken as intended.

If you wish to continute to complain (within your rights of course) - do it in PRIVATE MESSAGE. Don't clutter the race discussion thread with it.
Anybody for stint someday? Just don't like to drive alone or with hotlappers all around. Need to test new settings in long run, short run looking good.

EDIT: PM me if interested, I'm not checking here all the time.
Quote from reason0809 :first thing: when connecting to NDR GTAL server it says Round 3

when will the guestteam be announced ?

I don't get why you are so eager to know, but yeah

The lineup for every race will more or less consist of a choice of Seb, Simon and me. The lineup will be supplemented by one amateur, or new driver or whatever you'd like to call him. This is the same for this race inevitably

I can't tell you exactly yet, but you'll get to know in the next days.
Will there be a testrace before the main event on Saturday?

Round 2: Race Discussion
(154 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG