The online racing simulator
#126 - CSF
That is what GTAL is here for, you guys have done pretty well so far, it's a high pressured situation at the start, I certainly know that myself as I went straight into MoE and was a miserable fail.
Quote from 'GreyBull [CHA :]
Nice read, keep doing man.

thank you and yes, i'll post reviews after every race now !
somehow its a challenge for me to sort out some good fights and explain them, even my english is a bit worse. i try my best
Quote from CSF :Crash more caused by 02 turning in when 28 was clearly there. No penalty.

Thats not true. We were on the racing line and clearly still in front at the entry of turn. U just cant make a move like that there. Theres no other way for us to turn in there because otherwise we will end in the gravel. So if we want to avoid that incident we have to brake and let him pass, even though thats not a acceptable spot to overtake and and we were still infront?.....

Cant believe thats the opinion of the NDR admin team. I mean its so obvious. Maybe a second admin could take a look at it ?
#129 - CSF
He was almost fully alongside at turn in point:

Some more images:

Still heading for the Apex despite the obvious presence of car 28:

Quote from N!ghtm@re :Thats not true. We were on the racing line and clearly still in front at the entry of turn. U just cant make a move like that there. Theres no other way for us to turn in there because otherwise we will end in the gravel. So if we want to avoid that incident we have to brake and let him pass, even though thats not a acceptable spot to overtake and and we were still infront?.....

Cant believe thats the opinion of the NDR admin team. I mean its so obvious. Maybe a second admin could take a look at it ?

4 admins looked at it, we all said the same thing. It is "obvious" to everyone but 7karat people it seems.
Quote from CSF :He was almost fully alongside at turn in point:

let's not be a jabba and quote these images again, thanks :|

4 admins looked at it, we all said the same thing.

ofcourse hes heading for the apex otherwise he will end in the gravel. So NDR expects a driver to brake here to let the car behind pass ? (hes not fully alongside)
If thats ur opinion I have to know for the upcoming races. Makes a lot of things easier........
#131 - CSF
Car 19 took a far wider line and managed to carry on without going in the gravel. You were never in a million years going to hit the gravel if you gave a cars width more. This isn't hotlapping, you have to react to other cars around you.
Quote from N!ghtm@re :Thats not true. We were on the racing line and clearly still in front at the entry of turn. U just cant make a move like that there. Theres no other way for us to turn in there because otherwise we will end in the gravel. So if we want to avoid that incident we have to brake and let him pass, even though thats not a acceptable spot to overtake and and we were still infront?.....

4 admins have looked at it and came to the same decision. 02 should have known 28 was alongside having seen and heard him go for the inside. 28 was as tight as he could go and did not drift out, while 02 took the corner as if no one was there - a simple lift or wider line would've seen you both through safely.

Also, there is no such thing as an unacceptable place to overtake. If a car is alongside you into a corner, then even at the most dangerous places, passing can be done if both drivers are sensible.
Quote from boothy :4 admins have looked at it and came to the same decision. 02 should have known 28 was alongside having seen and heard him go for the inside. 28 was as tight as he could go and did not drift out, while 02 took the corner as if no one was there - a simple lift or wider line would've seen you both through safely.

ok good to know for my next passing maneuver....
Don't take my word for it, here's what the sporting code says:

Quote from NDR Sporting Code :XII.Overtaking – Road circuits only; This does NOT apply on Ovals

1.When overtaking another car, you must achieve any measure of overlap with the car you are overtaking in order to have the right to racing room.
a)“Any measure of overlap” is defined as the front nose area – wing or bumper area of the overtaking car being level with or beyond the rear wheel of the car being overtaken.
b)To have rights to the corner, you must have the proper overlap at or before the turn-in point for the corner.

2.You may move once per track segment (between two corners) to prevent an overtaking maneuver. You may return to your line after the move, but may make no further moves to obstruct until the next track segment.
a)If a driver has attained any measure of overlap, you may consider your defensive maneuver to have failed, and must allow room for that car on the course.

3.Any driver who causes an incident as a result of not establishing overlap, or by turning in on a car which had the right to the racing room, are expected to wait for the other car to pass even if that action involves losing several positions. Failure to yield properly may result in a penalty

Quote from boothy :a)“Any measure of overlap” is defined as the front nose area – wing or bumper area of the overtaking car being level with or beyond the rear wheel of the car being overtaken.

ok never noticed that rule. So u are right, but i dont have to tell u what i think of a rule like that. Damn, why didnt I notice that earlier......
Its normal. I agree with NDR aswell. Just go give mo :P
Quote from Tomhah :Its normal. I agree with NDR aswell. Just go give mo :P

hm yeah damn. If I knew that before I could have tried so many more passing maneuvers
But fortunaly Im aware of it now
Doesnt mean you should make a redicilous dive-bomb and expect the guy you crash into the side of to give space.
Quote from Tomhah :Doesnt mean you should make a redicilous dive-bomb and expect the guy you crash into the side of to give space.

Ofcourse not. Didnt say that. I will just strictly follow this 2 rules in the future and everything will be fine.
a)“Any measure of overlap” is defined as the front nose area – wing or bumper area of the overtaking car being level with or beyond the rear wheel of the car being overtaken.
b)To have rights to the corner, you must have the proper overlap at or before the turn-in point for the corner.
#140 - CSF
We of course use common sense. If you have a nose inside and come up into the car on the outside, you will get punished.
Quote from CSF :We of course use common sense. If you have a nose inside and come up into the car on the outside, you will get punished.

Im sure u use common sense.
#142 - CSF
Yes like we did here when 02 didn't leave any room for the car on the inside.
Quote from CSF :Yes like we did here when 02 didn't leave any room for the car on the inside.

:iagree: :smash:
#144 - CSF
It depends, but here he has enough overlap, the problem might be that he's in a blind spot, so you have to hear him where he is, I'm just wondering how he could turn in so easily, you should have fly through that corner, just leave him a bit of space so he has place where to slow down in order to be able to turn.

see csf's image #1

The rules, it's the same Rule as in CRC, so it ain't anything new... just plain old overtaking rule.
Don't be so aggressive this is not a sprint race...
I don't care if somebody faster passes me, at least I won't lose so much time when blocking him which increases the risk of collision & mistakes.
The plan was I should do the 3rd stint. But, as my team-mates bavorak and JackCY already mentioned, we had to improvize so I did the 2nd stint. It made me even more nervous.
I couldn't get in decent pace and SC made everything even worse. Due to the time lost in pit and SC deployment I got lap down to so many competitors right behind me. I had to let them pass - almost whole field - despite the fact that most of them was slower than me. I fighted some positions back then, but our chance for any good result died anyway.
Not a good race for us at Just Driving, Leyton with an accident in T1 with Core's Kaique sent us back to last positions, adding a big mistake in fuel calculation made it difficult to try a comeback. M.Vegega made his debut and well, he was a bit nervous and couldn't be as competitive as he showed in the tests.

Hopefully will come back stronger for next rounds with a full lineup including me (not sure if that will help or made things worst )

Congrats to the podium, looked really tight and well fought, keep it up guys!
I dont want to be mean but I ve just accidentaly noticed that according to official results 7Karat hasnt finished race of round 2 but in result table they have 2 points despite the fact they have finished only 60% of distance winner team did (if this rule is in effect but imho it is logical to give points only to teams which do at least 75% of winner´s laps) and they also have points for finishing all the races (if I understand correctly those 10 point bonus in green column)

edit: what about for example "*" sign to the points of the team who got pole position...because sometimes it is quite hard to find which one it was

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG