The online racing simulator
Fuel consumption indicator
(99 posts, started )
Yeah, found 'em already, was testing it on single player before. I must say, this thing is actually awesome.
I can only see the buttons but no values. What should i do about this?? I launch the exe in admin mode and it doesn't say anything about firewalls and stuff. It did the first time but then i just clicked to not block the exe.
Check if you have OutGauge enabled and that it's set to the same port both in ECMeter and LFS.
Quote from MadCatX :Check if you have OutGauge enabled and that it's set to the same port both in ECMeter and LFS.

You were right, I had not configured OutGage properly. Easy fix.
Consumption remains 0,00 when small amount of gas is aplied
Excellent idea!

Quote from sergiogon :Much better!
But one thing you can improve, when you engine is idling, consumption shouldn't be 0.00 l/h, it has to burn a bit of fuel to keep the engine going... but one thing its correct, when you completely take the foot off the accel on a downhill the consumption goes to 0.00 and its correct, don't change that!

Thats true. I noticed that consumtion still remains 0.00 when very small amount of gas is aplied (also when idling). (Maybe you can combine data with gas pedal position.) That is the only fialure. Good job anyway and thanks for your sharing!
You can urge Scawen to fix that, I can either make EconoMeter lie (something I don't really wanna to) or live with the fact that LFS' fuel consumption model is wrong at low revs. This very bug was actually the reason I started the work on ECMeter. If you read the data with much higher precision than hundredths of l/100km you will see that engine actually uses some fuel when idling, but just a VERY small amount.
Zdravim, poradil by si mi třeba po icq ohledně toho econometru? nějak mi to pořád nefachá dík
TeH update!

Thanks to Scawen's little but useful update to OutGauge ECMeter can now detect if you switch view to another car, so the readings don't go all crazy when you do that.
I get the multiplayer admin passoword error thing. What do i do? Seen other people have the problem aswell but they have fixed it but i have no idea how!

EDIT:
Got it to work but all i can see is the buttons, not the actual consumption+

EDIT:
All working now. However when i brake the mpg goes to 999mpg straight away...
Quote from Killer Beast :
All working now. However when i brake the mpg goes to 999mpg straight away...

Makes sense, when you are braking you ar not consuming any fuel
am i the only one that it worked fine on Z28 but then had trouble on the 0.6B or whatever the new one is?
did you check yor cfg file still has the correct values for OutGauge?
Quote from Whiskey :Makes sense, when you are braking you ar not consuming any fuel

Yes but irl the mpg doesnt go to 999mpg suddenly when you brake.
I don't know how it should behave, in Spain we measure Litres to 100km, so under breaking it just goes to 0.0 litres hehe

Should it be empty while fuel consuption is zero? (just curiosity)
There is a matematical limitation in both ways the fuel consumption is calculated, it's called division by zero.
Liters per distance (l / 100 km) hit this problem when a car is standing still with its engine running. Traveling a 100 km distance at zero speed would in theory require infinite amount of fuel. When this happens, ECMeter displays "--.- l/100km".
MPG is inverted to litres per distance, so this problem occures when a car is moving and not using any fuel. I felt that "999.99 MPG" better reflects what's actually happening than "--- MPG".
You see the readout changing to 999 almost immediataly becase ECMeter gets data at much higher sample rate than the onboard computer in a car does. You can emualate this "delayed and sluggish" behavior by increasing the UpdateSpeed value in ecmeter.cfg

@Greame43: Can you be more specific about the issues you have? ECMeter went through a rather big update to take advantage of improved OutGauge available in 0.6B. If you have a pre-0.05 version of ECMeter, does that one work? It's possible there are few lurking bugs I haven't discovered...
works in 0,6B, awesome!
Quote from Whiskey :Makes sense, when you are braking you ar not consuming any fuel

I don't think that this is correct.
If you brake your engine is running.
Ok your clutch isn't connected to the wheels anymore, but the engine is still running. And if the engine is running it will consume some fuel.
Quote from Sk0rp :I don't think that this is correct.
If you brake your engine is running.
Ok your clutch isn't connected to the wheels anymore, but the engine is still running. And if the engine is running it will consume some fuel.

Wrong.

The tires are forcing the engine to keep turning, so no fuel is injected in the cilinder at all (it woul consume fuel on neutral or with clutch pressed)
guys i cant use it gives critical unknown error i cant understant
What does the error say? Do you have MSVC 2008 redist installed?
it says critical: unknown error
and yes i install MSVC 2008 and when i enter game enable insim finally i change cfx.txt but again same error
This happens when ECMeter receives an invalid OutGauge packet. Try setting OutGauge and ECMeter to another port.
hımmm ok but how can i change port or what i must do that value ?
You just change the respective value in cfg.txt and ecmeter.cfg

Fuel consumption indicator
(99 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG