The online racing simulator
Fuel consumption indicator
(99 posts, started )
any chance making it a seperate window, or will that involve alot of different code?
Dumping the consumption info into a separate window shouldn't be that much of a problem, but Win32 API is nothing but awful when it comes to working with GUI. Unless someone can point me to a really good tutorial or book about GUI in Windows, I don't see this happening.
There are few other more convenient ways of working with GUI I'm considering, but I'd like to be sure that this thing works flawlessly before I start messing around with standalone GUI...
i have no idea what any of that means, so il leave in-game being fine
#29 - pipa
Thats perfect, thank you for that update .
Much better!
But one thing you can improve, when you engine is idling, consumption shouldn't be 0.00 l/h, it has to burn a bit of fuel to keep the engine going... but one thing its correct, when you completely take the foot off the accel on a downhill the consumption goes to 0.00 and its correct, don't change that!
I promise this is gonna be the last update until something breaks down big time I've been toying with the idea of the output to some external window and I eventally got it working (though it's a bit of a hack). To use it, set OutputToWin=1 in the config file.

Quote from sergiogon :But one thing you can improve, when you engine is idling, consumption shouldn't be 0.00 l/h, it has to burn a bit of fuel to keep the engine going...

I'm afraid I cannot do anything about this, I simply use the fuel level LFS provides me through OutGauge to calculate consumption, so whatever is wrong in LFS will be wrong here. The engine actually uses some fuel when it's idling, but only VERY small amount.
thank you very much
-
(r3zp3k7) DELETED by r3zp3k7 : No point of it :)
Anyone test it in patch Z32?
Not yet, but it should work OK.
I have a problem with this program in version Z32, at cockpit view the program dont work ... and all other views the program works .... a bit stranger
Interesting... It works fine here. Have you tried it in offline mode?
In offline mode dont work
If I understand correctly, you cannot see the buttons Econometer creates only when you're in cockpit view? It doesn't make much sense to me, do you have any mods or addons that use InSim or OutGauge?
It doesn't make much sense. If you try it in single player or on another server, does it work all right? Does it happen in other modes than "average"? I wonder if this could be a bug in OutGauge...
I tested now and works in offline mod, but happens the same thing ... and in all modes (average, instant, range) ... at cockpit view show wrong values
So, it works fine offline but produces garbage when you race online? Have you tried another server? Perhaps all that cruise mod stuff somehow interferes with Econometer...
At cockpit view the program show wrong values or dont work (online and offline) ... i tested at others servers and happen same thing
OK, thanks for your info... I'll look into it and let you know when I come up with some solution...
ok thanks
Okey, i went on to try this app that really sounds totally awesome.
Tho i only came up with the "Password doesn't match" thing..

I have tried single- and multiplayer, both on server with and without password.

EDIT: Tried again, this time while in the "create server" thing, and got it working.. Awesome work!
You have to match the "host password" with the password in "ecmeter.cfg". Host password can be set in LFS in Multiplayer->Start new host->(pick a track)->host password. For some reason LFS requires this password to match even in single player mode.

BTW, if you run Z32, do you have the same problem as RicardoB? I'm quite at a loss figuring out what would cause that...
Quote from MadCatX :You have to match the "host password" with the password in "ecmeter.cfg". Host password can be set in LFS in Multiplayer->Start new host->(pick a track)->host password. For some reason LFS requires this password to match even in single player mode.

BTW, if you run Z32, do you have the same problem as RicardoB? I'm quite at a loss figuring out what would cause that...

Yeah i know that they have to match, tho i had to first remove the passw, then retype it for the app to connect :S

But now it works

And, No.. I don't have that problem.. Not that i have noticed anyhow, all the figures seem correct to me
All values work for me, but I don't get, where I could click these range buttons and crap.
There are 3 buttons under the readout, the Mode button toggles between Instant, Average, Range and Instant(per hour) modes.

Fuel consumption indicator
(99 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG