The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :This difference is, aoun, how someone percieves a movie is purely opinion, how someone percieves fact is all the same opinion (or it should be) regarding Vettels fails, it's a FACT that he's done it more than once and it isn't his rookie season. It's fact, you can't percieve a fact any differently to anyone else, or else you using logic for your opinion.
Vettel is good at hot-lapping, nothing else.

It is FACT that he has made more than one of the same mistakes, at the same time, it is FACT that he is a human. It is FACT that even champion of champions still make bad, if not worse mistakes til this day. and it is FACT that he sits in a redbull seat while me and you sit on a chair at home.

Not opinion.

I just still fail to understand how you can back your opinion "Vettel is good at hot-lapping, nothing else".

And this is not all directed at you, no negative attitude from this side of the cable.
Quote from aoun :It is FACT that he has made more than one of the same mistakes, at the same time, it is FACT that he is a human. It is FACT that even champion of champions still make bad, if not worse mistakes til this day. and it is FACT that he sits in a redbull seat while me and you sit on a chair at home.

Not opinion.

True, but in my opinion he will never be champion.
Quote from BlueFlame :True, but in my opinion he will never be champion.

Well I hope he doesnt become champion!
He won't, he never will, I'd rather say that MSC will get a title again with a good car
Quote from aoun :Edit: Just to also add, we watch these races from TV. As we ALL know, how the cars sound, feel, look and go around the track (including the look of the speed) isn't what it is in real life. Motorsports half the time look piss slow on tv, yet when you watch it in real life, its a different story. I used to watch top fuelers on TV and think these machines are quiet and don't look so fast, i don't need to finish the story, heh.. My point is most people mumble garbage criticism when the y are basing it off a tv broadcast that doesn't give full justice. Hope you understand THAT context.

I think most sensible people on this forum can calculate what Vettel experiences in an F1 car. Vast amounts of sim and real life racing does add up to something, and clearly Vettel is deficient in close racing situations. That's not an armchair experts view, that's most people in motorsports view.

He makes errors that are echoed throughout motorsport with drivers who are lacking in that area. F1 isn't some totally different level of motorsport where the drivers are super human and their skill level is unattainable or unrelatable. It's very much like other forms of motorsport, just with a bit more engineering development going on.

F1 drivers are supposed to be the 'finished product' or are regularly branded as the 'best drivers on the planet'. This of course isn't true, but because people believe those things to be true, when they fall short you get a lot of mug slinging. We've all done it to x and y driver.

Vettel clearly needs to improve in this area, and how he goes about doing that I do not know. I have my ideas but it's up to RBR to see how they move forward
I give 1-2 years for Vettel to grow up. I'm sure he'll be a champ.
Intrepid speaks sense, it didn't take Senna 3 years to be a good racer.

I think Vettel lacks natural talent actually, that natural ability to really ring a cars neck every race.
When he won at Monza for STR it was great but it's almost like he's a different person now.
I must admit there have been a few races this season and last when Webber has acted like a complete rookie but Webber has sorted himself out. He's worthy of the crown, Vettel goes crazy over pole positions as if he's won a race, this is a small part of his eventual downfall, he seems to thing it's his god given right to knock parts of others cars and then blame them for it, fair enough he said it wasn't Buttons fault in that particular incident, but he didn't exactly accept blame for the crash did he?
Quote from BlueFlame :This difference is, aoun, how someone percieves a movie is purely opinion, how someone percieves fact is all the same opinion (or it should be) regarding Vettels fails, it's a FACT that he's done it more than once and it isn't his rookie season. It's fact, you can't percieve a fact any differently to anyone else, or else you using logic for your opinion.
Vettel is good at hot-lapping, nothing else.

No one disputes that he made a mistake, or that he's made similar mistakes before, but the idea that he is a bad driver or undeserving of a place in F1 is not a fact, just your opinion.
Räikkönen rear-ended Sutil in Monaco, it was dry; he also spun himself off in wet Spa and was thusly outdriven by Hamilton. Vettel went spinning in wet Spa and hit a car, racing happens. Having said that, looking back at this season so far, my opinion is that Vettel is a bit rash and does seem to have a bit of an issue with reading other drivers. I expect him to develop some composure over time.
Quote from BlueFlame :Intrepid speaks sense, it didn't take Senna 3 years to be a good racer.

I think Vettel lacks natural talent actually, that natural ability to really ring a cars neck every race.

I don't think Vettel lacks talent. I just think RBR have over relied upon his talent and rushed him into cars.

**WARNING** I am going to move onto the subject of karting here, but I feel it does demonstrate some of the reasoning behind the lack of maturity.

Button said last year the next class he considered as the best under F1 was Formula Super A. It is worth noting that top-flight karting is unique for aspiring race drivers as it represents the only class before F1 that a young driver can actually race seasoned professionals. Once they move into junior cars they are only racing kids of the same age and experience.

What Button said is it taught him to be a professional. Mike Wilson similarly requested Alonso spend an extra few years racing karts (he still raced until 19 I believe) because he wasn't yet ready as a complete driver. Hamilton obviously spent a year in Formula Super A developing chassis and engines with Dino Chiesa.

Now we can argue the pros and cons of karting but there is no doubt vettel left karting before he gained much senior experience. What this does say is RBR wanted to move him out as quick as possible. And i think this attitude of relying upon his natural ability before he's gained as much experience and knowledge as possible is a symptom of the problem here. It's not the leaving of karting too early that has caused the issue, but the attitude behind it.

I think Vettel will come good in the end, but he has to do the learning that everyone else already did years ago.
Quote from JPeace :This is twice Vettel has caused an accident with somebody else. I think Brudle has an excellent point when he says: How come Schumacher gets a 10 place grid penatly for nearly causing an accident. But Vettel only gets a DT when his race was already ruined for acctually causing an accident. Im starting to see and inconsistancy within the stewards.

I guess this is because Vettel wasn't attempting to do something dangerous. He just misjudged the braking point, lost control and hit Button. In fact, this was more like a "newbie" mistake(although some more experienced people did this kind of things aswell in the past).

I belive the officials penalised him because he got away with no more than a broken front wing while Button was obliged to retire, while Vettel was the one in fault. If you see earlier on the race, Barrichell took off Alonso in a very similar fashion(although the track was wet), and didn't receive any penalty, I belive because the former had to retire and not the latter.
Quote from JPeace :This is twice Vettel has caused an accident with somebody else. I think Brudle has an excellent point when he says: How come Schumacher gets a 10 place grid penatly for nearly causing an accident. But Vettel only gets a DT when his race was already ruined for acctually causing an accident. Im starting to see and inconsistancy within the stewards.

Different stewards though was it not?

Weak comparison. Come on. Completely deliberate maneuver vs driving mistake. He could've at least compared Raikkonen at Monaco vs Vettel.

I would've thought Brundle thinks before saying retarded shit.

Anyway since when they penalise someone for losing control of his car ? When you start penalising the result rather than the actions you open the door to inconsistencies.
Quote from PhilS13 :Anyway since when they penalise someone for losing control of his car ? When you start penalising the result rather than the actions you open the door to inconsistencies.

Speeding in the pit lane is a 'loss of control', as is jumping the start and so on. Just because it isn't deliberate doesn't necessarily mean it should be without punishment. Not sure what I think about the penalty tbh though
Has anyone seen the on-board from Vettel's car? His front wing is doing some really bizarre deflections when he gets close to the back of Button.

Here, until it gets taken down I suppose.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Has anyone seen the on-board from Vettel's car? His front wing is doing some really bizarre deflections when he gets close to the back of Button.

Here, until it gets taken down I suppose.

Yes it's been mentioned - http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1477497#post1477497

It does raise some questions about the balance of the car in that specific situation (as well as the original flexi wing legality debate). Maybe it's nothing... maybe it's something. None of the major F1 writers have picked up on it yet though for some reason.

Webber's wing in Valenica was bouncing about oddly as well - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ;feature=player_embedded#
Instead of fighting with webber maybe he should learn a bit from him because what webber lacks in outrigh pace to Vettel he destroyes him in racing ability.
Quote from Mustafur :Instead of fighting with webber maybe he should learn a bit from him because what webber lacks in outrigh pace to Vettel he destroyes him in racing ability.

wo wo there sunshine... Aren't we forgetting Australia where he took out Hamilton and then Valancia when he went straight into Kovy. You must think very lowly of Vettel if you think Webber destroys him in racing ability.

Neither is THAT dominant over each other in any department.
There isn't many drivers that havent done stupid mistakes now and then its just vettel is consistently making the same ones.

I do think he will eventually learn but the process is taking longer then others.
A very good video of Vettel's defending/overtaking style. He has a tendency to squeeze other drivers to his right. (remind me of a certain seven times champion)

http://vimeo.com/13647047
Vettel is all brute force scare them out of the way and it does not work on the top level guys as it might have worked when he was back at Torro Rosso or the junior formula but it doesn't work at the top level.

He is faster than shit off a shovel but he does not use his brain as much as the other guys and i don't think anyone can dispute that , that said if he actually learns from his **** ups he will be a weapon on the track.

Personally i think its a management problem , dont stroke his ego and make him feel better when he has a brain fart kick arse like the old days , or slot another driver in for a week..
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :A very good video of Vettel's defending/overtaking style. He has a tendency to squeeze other drivers to his right. (remind me of a certain seven times champion)

http://vimeo.com/13647047

If I owned the redbull team i would get rid of those 2 loosers
Vettel tried to block Hamilton in the turkey but hamilton avoided the contact while Webber perhaps is too old to react to a stupid maneuver form Vettel
Quote from richo :
Personally i think its a management problem , dont stroke his ego and make him feel better when he has a brain fart kick arse like the old days , or slot another driver in for a week..

I would like to see him in a Mercedes. I think they are alot more straight forward, at least that's the impression i get when I hear someone like Norbert Haug.

PS.:
Quote from Intrepid : None of the major F1 writers have picked up on it yet though for some reason.

It's alot easier to not talk about it, i guess It would be alot less of an spectacle for the media (and bullshitter).

The noob i am tho, i think it is something. It would explain the sudden loss of the rear, wouldn't it?
In other news, according to this amateur footage, Massa gained a huge unfair advantage at the start, stopping 1-1,5 meter further than his grid slot at the start.

Incredibely, the marshalls and the stewards never spotted this. The start was given like that, and Massa has never been under investigation so far.

Weird isn't it? I belive he didn't do it on purpose though, since there was much more to loose than to win in that manoever. But hopefully everyone will be more careful on this if this kind of rare incident happen again in the future.
Locked his wheels? Or so it looks.

That's exactly why F1 cars have a reverse gears. Knob.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG