The online racing simulator
What a race that was...Was gutted to see Senna go out so soon, I believed that HRT were going to thrash Lotus and Virgin at Spa..but fate wanted Mr. Yen Yamamoto to be the only HRT driving about.

Loved Renault's work, with Petrov coming from 23rd to 9th and Kubica finished 3rd...it's a pity that he cost himself 2nd, but great nevertheless..

And Vettel and Alonso got their races chewed by the weather and their own mistakes...btw, did anyone see Legard trying to taunt Brundle in Alonso's crash before Rivage? What a cock.
I am not saying Vettel shouldn't be in F1, but he really needs to learn how to "RACE".
Vettel Blitzkrieg! Button didn't see the jerry at his six o'clock.

I think Vettel has more than proved he is worthy of an F1 drive, but I like to see Button do well.

But you just can't write off an entire driver's career on one mistake. I laugh at this F1 hooliganism thats developed where a driver makes a human mistake and from that you can all apparently see and judge every part of his character. This is why none of you are important, just pricks on an internet forum.
Quote from 5haz :
But you just can't write off an entire driver's career on one mistake. I laugh at this F1 hooliganism thats developed where a driver makes a human mistake and suddenly he is not worthy of air to breathe.

Yea.

Remember those fanboys shouting that Webber shouldn't be where he is after Melbourne this year? Now I wonder where they've gone. Ha!
I wonder if certain members would say the same if it was Hamilton or Alonso's mistake? You'd be jumping to their defence because they've had their turn at being the young upstarts that everyone takes shots at, now that place belongs to Vettel until the next kid comes along.
I wont join in on the Vettel bashing but if he doesn't win the championship this year, which I don't think he will, you would have to put a large part down to his mistakes (contacting with Webber, dropping too far from SC, this race.)

Overall the race was alirhgt, exciting with the weather changes and yet not so because apart from about 10 seconds of Hamilton in the gravel did it ever look like he was going to loose the race.
Quote from 5haz :But you just can't write off an entire driver's career on one mistake. I laugh at this F1 hooliganism thats developed where a driver makes a human mistake and from that you can all apparently see and judge every part of his character.

Character is an interesting word you use. I think the tide turned against Vettel when he decided to, in plain view of the viewing public, gesture that Webber was a nutcase despite Webber not doing anything wrong - http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-i ... /Sebastian-Vettel-006.jpg

Naturally Vettel will is being seen as the new baddy of F1. fair enough, someone has to take that role. But it can not hide the fact when he's racing wheel to wheel he isn't very good. He's consistently fallen short in this department.

I feel to some degree he was rushed into cars and then eventually into F1 too early. But he's in F1 now, so there's no place to hide. And F1 isn't really the place to be learning race craft. But this is the fault of the management at the RedBull driver development program and not Vettel himself. Hamilton had similar mis-management problems too but McLaren are a little less naive in regard to driver development.

We've all been guilty of going on witch hunts against certain drivers, so everybody has to learn here.
Quote from BlueFlame :It's not nonsense, it's an opinion you don't concur with.

No.

You're talking nonsense. Show me where you have any qualifications to make such sweeping statements. Have you driven an F1 car? Are you a professional engineer, manager.

No. You're a ****ing armchair analyst.
Vettel screwed up yet again, but to say he doesn;t deserve to race in f1 is nonsense, hes very fast just needs a lot more expereince still despite it being hes 4th season,

Awesome race by Hamilton and webber and is shaping up to be a 2 way fight for the title.

Also some Praise for Kubica, Sutil, Kobayashi and Petrov expecially the latter two working there way through the field to get some points, good job.
Quote from BlueFlame :Hamilton was in a good car, and he won the championship in his 2nd year, saying he's young or w/e isn't an excuse, you race in many series before you reach F1, the mistakes he makes are race craft errors, not rookie mistakes in relation to being in F1 (strategy errors, stupid spins on corner exits) he makes mistakes that would be classed as a rookie mistake in ANY Formula.

Not everyone is a Hamilton, some people take more time to be good, Vettels pace imo is right on Hamiltons its just he requires more expereince to be on hamiltons driving ability in the races.

Considering how Hamiltion raced before he got into F1, he came very late, compared to vettel who was very rushed.
Good race, spa always offers great entertainment, nice action and battles. I have to wonder Vettel's action on the race. Contact with team mate in Turkey, SC in Hungary and now contact with Jenson. I wouldnt be surprised if he didn't win championship. Team is doing to much mistakes and so is Vettel. Also too many technical problems
Vettel should have retired at that point, out of pure embarassment.
Could the stress on the wing not be the fact he turns so aggressively? At those speeds there is tremendous amount of weight on the wings so suddenly darting so heavily out back into 'normal' air would probably give a massive sudden load to one side of the wing.
Quote from keiran :Could the stress on the wing not be the fact he turns so aggressively? At those speeds there is tremendous amount of weight on the wings so suddenly darting so heavily out back into 'normal' air would probably give a massive sudden load to one side of the wing.

Well that's something that happens even without a flexible wing. There is always a transition from understeer back to normal balance at the moment you get out of someone's tow but all the drivers are well aware of that. I'm guessing with the RB6 this effect is not only amplified, it is also delayed. You probably feel the initial oversteer and then...some more when the wing has reached his low position.

It's up to Vettel to drive accordingly and avoid putting his car in such situations but he looks not mature enough to do that.
Vettel needs some advice from Kobayashi.
I think Kobayashi has a lot of promise. He drove brilliantly in the last couple of race and his overtaking/defending skills is pretty good.

I would love to see him in a top team.
Quote from Senninha25 :
And Vettel and Alonso got their races chewed by the weather and their own mistakes...btw, did anyone see Legard trying to taunt Brundle in Alonso's crash before Rivage? What a cock.

Yea I did, I hate Legards way of going off topic in an attempt to be funny. Don't mock MB man.
Quote from 5haz :But you just can't write off an entire driver's career on one mistake. I laugh at this F1 hooliganism thats developed where a driver makes a human mistake and from that you can all apparently see and judge every part of his character. This is why none of you are important, just pricks on an internet forum.

It's not written off on one mistake, it's based on all his mistakes, he keeps making them, he doesn't learn. Humans make mistakes yea, but why is it that all the other drivers on the grid can make a mistake and it not seem so retardedly amateur?
Vettel has consistently made the same (well very similar at least) mistakes time and again. There's no doubt that he can drive a car fast but the learning process appears to have stopped. He should be trying to improve in every area, but he doesn't even seem to realise he has any weaknesses.

He's gaining quite a reputation for being a bit rammy I'd say, even if it is by accident a lot of the time. If he has any sense then he would be going to great lengths to improve and avoid that reputation from building. Swerving around on a track that may or may not be damp and where there is a bump that he must of known about...when is that a good idea? Sure he may have been caught out but plenty of shitter drivers seem to be able to pull off overtakes cleanly. It's very frustrating being as he should be able to get a championship.

He compounds the situation with his attitude towards it all. He really makes himself seem brattish. I used to like him he's steadily becoming an annoyance, I'm actually quite tempted to send him some coupons for a driving lesson or two.

I had a lot more to say about him yesterday but my mother would have been less than proud of the words I was using, though you could sum it up as, 'That foolish man should have his license taken away until he learns how to not ram people'.
What do you expect? He's Marko's rent boy.
I find it funny how people can say such comments like a driver needs to learn how to race and anything else along the lines of it. Bunch of bullshit critics, rather than a bunch of racing experts.

Lets see some of your racing history...
Quote from aoun :I find it funny how people can say such comments like a driver needs to learn how to race and anything else along the lines of it. Bunch of bullshit critics, rather than a bunch of racing experts.

Lets see some of your racing history...

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. People who say they don't like a film aren't suggesting for one moment that they have made better films themselves.

When we criticise something intelligently we do it within a context, and we understand that when we read others' criticisms. So when we say an F1 driver isn't very good at something, we aren't (usually) saying that we could do better, we're saying that we don't think their ability in that area is at the standard of others.
Quote from sinbad :Everyone's entitled to an opinion. People who say they don't like a film aren't suggesting for one moment that they have made better films themselves.

When we criticise something intelligently we do it within a context, and we understand that when we read others' criticisms. So when we say an F1 driver isn't very good at something, we aren't (usually) saying that we could do better, we're saying that we don't think their ability in that area is at the standard of others.

Dont get me wrong sinbad, ofcourse everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Though, theres a difference between saying "i dont like this film" compared to, "the director of this film had no clue what he was doing and he should give up right now.."

I understand also we all put things into our own context, but comming from people (not directing it 100% at this forum, more just everyone in general) who enjoy and are passionate about their motorsports, for someone to be passionate should understand situations without acting like a joke. Ill leave it at that without getting to deep in, as this is a thread about the GP and not about me trolling people.

Edit: Just to also add, we watch these races from TV. As we ALL know, how the cars sound, feel, look and go around the track (including the look of the speed) isn't what it is in real life. Motorsports half the time look piss slow on tv, yet when you watch it in real life, its a different story. I used to watch top fuelers on TV and think these machines are quiet and don't look so fast, i don't need to finish the story, heh.. My point is most people mumble garbage criticism when they are basing it off a tv broadcast that doesn't give full justice. Hope you understand THAT context.
This difference is, aoun, how someone percieves a movie is purely opinion, how someone percieves fact is all the same opinion (or it should be) regarding Vettels fails, it's a FACT that he's done it more than once and it isn't his rookie season. It's fact, you can't percieve a fact any differently to anyone else, or else you using logic for your opinion.
Vettel is good at hot-lapping, nothing else.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG