The online racing simulator
Round 1: Race Discussion
You can discuss here !

Feel free to also post to tell us if you are going to attend, to help us estimate the schedule better.

Keep in mind, that each timetable is approximate.

We look forward to the season starting !

Date: 22 August 2010
Circuit: Autocross - MiniFBM1, Revision 2 - The Ellis Failring

Timetable for Round 1 With 15 or less cars (All Times UTC):
19:00: Qualifying (20 minutes)
19:25: Sprint Race (25 laps)
19:55: Feature Race (45 laps)

Timetable for Round 1 With 16 or more cars (All Times UTC):
19:25: Shootout (15 laps)
19:50: Sprint Race (25 laps)
20:25: Feature Race (45 laps)

Server:
The server name for this event is NDR.MiniFBM 2010

Password will be PMed out to all eligible competitors during the week.
what is a good laptime?
think my best so far is 47, if anyone wants to share sets feel free :P
#5 - Rikje
Quote from Mustangman759 :think my best so far is 47, if anyone wants to share sets feel free :P

Best advice, slow in fast out. I found out I took way too much speed into the corners and I lost almost 2 seconds just because of that Optimize your lines and use a bit of trailbraking and a 45 is the outcome !

Best of luck
who's that girl in your avatar rik? she's hot.
#8 - Kova.
What is shoutout ?

And 19h00 UTC, it's 21h00 FR ?
I have another league race before this on Sunday which usually ends at around 19:10 so would it be ok if I joined right after that just to set 2 or 3 laps in quali?
Quote from zeugnimod :I have another league race before this on Sunday which usually ends at around 19:10 so would it be ok if I joined right after that just to set 2 or 3 laps in quali?

Autocross qualifying is single hotlap, drivers called out one at a time. I'll get you in when you get in though.
Oh, maybe I should read the rules.

Thx.
Just noticed there is a difference between the two layouts. The online version and the one posted here are different from eachother. Which will be used for the event?
Quote from Rikje :Best advice, slow in fast out. I found out I took way too much speed into the corners and I lost almost 2 seconds just because of that Optimize your lines and use a bit of trailbraking and a 45 is the outcome !

Best of luck

Would you say that taking the last two turns wider for speed is a better choice, or to hug them as close as possible and lose somesped?
Quote from Rikje :Just noticed there is a difference between the two layouts. The online version and the one posted here are different from eachother. Which will be used for the event?

The one with the slightly wider final hairpin exit will be used. I'll upload it to the layouts thread shortly.
44's will be possible qualifying times, race times for 45 laps on tyres probably 46-47???

Or is pitting aloud??
Quote from Bmxtwins :44's will be possible qualifying times, race times for 45 laps on tyres probably 46-47???

Or is pitting aloud??

You may use the pitlane to reset your cars for repairs / tyres. If you do enter the pitlane, you must stay at or below 50 kph / 31 mph.

On qualifying, you get one timed lap to set the best time you can.
done a 45 finaly
Quote from dekojester :The one with the slightly wider final hairpin exit will be used. I'll upload it to the layouts thread shortly.

Hiya...
Just noticed that this post of yours is more recent than the update time on the layout thread post with all the files. Not really sure which is the final layout...? (I've now seen at least three )
Quote from Neilser :Hiya...
Just noticed that this post of yours is more recent than the update time on the layout thread post with all the files. Not really sure which is the final layout...? (I've now seen at least three )

The shape of the course didn't change. The layout has been updated on the server, and should be correct if you download from the thread.
deko thought id notify you that [Drunk]matti's time is invalid he only had 20 rest
niki's time is valid though
Quote from Mustangman759 :deko thought id notify you that [Drunk]matti's time is invalid he only had 20 rest
niki's time is valid though

hmm interesting since I haven't been able to get on the track without the 25% intake restriction?
Maybe it's fixed but a couple of days ago when I was there, Matti was setting low 44s and then I used his set and was going way quicker too (And then bmxtwins ruined it by pointing out that the restriction was too low!) Then I tried 20, 25, in-between values, higher values, everything above 20% was fine.
(edit: the penny should have dropped for me when I realised the peak speed through the chicane was up by 3-4kph with his set for both him and me compared to my own set - too much to be just down to improved handling...)
i have work like 45 after qual so cant make it :S sry
Quote from dekojester :
Timetable for Round 1 With 15 or less cars (All Times UTC):
Timetable for Round 1 With 16 or more cars (All Times UTC):

Just FTR there's gonna be a superpole session according to the rules, not a timed quali
I always time out since the positions insim is integrated on the server. Great. I would really like to see it removed.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG