The online racing simulator
More than 32 cars "bug" [SOLVED][lock]
(16 posts, closed, started )
Hello, guess who have got a clue once again!

ok, now I got something an epic idea in LFS.

Well, someone maybe remember those demo times, where people were only 12 as maximum at racing, and when server was a bit laggy, and people were spec and they were pressing rapidly Shift J, suddenly all people who press them, or you are "waiting" in the spec area, there is actually a possible, that Maximum cars is 12 but there is 13 as in track, or even more!

So, at the moment, in LFS there is max cars as 32, but have you ever tried is there possible even more than 32 at same time in track, also what does it effect on the server and how far we could manage it. Also, what happens on track, when we put restart?

And, can there be in theory that in track there is 47 cars? Let's make kind of record again!

So, people, this is kind of meeting which offers to make LFS with less bugs. Any time suggestion?

EDIT: I am also suggesting 2 servers for test

1st one is fast at least 8192kbps
2nd one is slow at most 128kbps

as Hahmo said, with laggy server, there is able to get more cars than maximum is selected.
It's a known 'bug' which is reproducible with Airio, it's one of the features of that InSim.

I noticed also when I limited one of our servers to 28 that there sometimes where 29 cars on track. But the limit of 32 cannot be exceeded, I think. Never saw that happen.

I think 32 is a hardcoded limit.
#3 - hp999
I've seen 14 people on track in demo, whilst limited to 12.
Quote from cargame.nl :It's a known 'bug' which is reproducible with Airio, it's one of the features of that InSim.

I noticed also when I limited one of our servers to 28 that there sometimes where 29 cars on track. But the limit of 32 cannot be exceeded, I think. Never saw that happen.

I think 32 is a hardcoded limit.

Yea, I am thinking it also, but it is quite interesting for me, what if we somepoint would make a meeting server and let's try it out.
if 47 people join at the same time, also server lag will affect it

no server lag -> 32 people can join

5sec lag -> if all 47 drivers join at same time, it is possible.
Another UM21 event? I'm in!

I still remember that chat room thing... oh how that one went WRONG.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Another UM21 event? I'm in!

I still remember that chat room thing... oh how that one went WRONG.

lol I still have pics in my PC

our servers are temporarily down. Who would host one?
#8 - Hahmo
Just make one hosted by someone who hosts himself and does _not_ have fast internet. Then the server should be laggy :P
Quote from Hahmo :Just make one hosted by someone who hosts himself and does _not_ have fast internet. Then the server should be laggy :P

I am pretty interested about this, so I edited bit title and edited 1st post.

Now we are searching 2 servers:

Fast one is at least 8192kbps
Slow one is at most 128kbps

but seems I am now requesting those...
Count me in .
Same.
in.
Im in! But i dont know if 128kb/s can handle 47 players. Even me with 320kb/s upload speed, after 7 players connect, server is really lagging. I could host the server to try it, but now with exams times are difficult
BUUUUUUUUUUMP!

Sorry for the bump..

I can try port forwarding and create a server with 512kbps up
And i think the upload is limitinng to about 200kbps (Sister uses spotify, downloads stuff andsoon)
someone said to me: If its over 10 racers its going to be ......... anyways.

Im in anyways =D I love your events.
Anyways: SORRRY FOR THE BUMP!

TURN THE CAPS LOCK ON! ITS OK TODAY! LOL
Quote from Mikko1 :BUUUUUUUUUUMP!

Sorry for the bump..

I can try port forwarding and create a server with 512kbps up
And i think the upload is limitinng to about 200kbps (Sister uses spotify, downloads stuff andsoon)
someone said to me: If its over 10 racers its going to be ......... anyways.

Im in anyways =D I love your events.
Anyways: SORRRY FOR THE BUMP!

TURN THE CAPS LOCK ON! ITS OK TODAY! LOL

Sorry, but it is solved, maximum cars are 32 in 32 cars track
what i don't get is how do people even have the guts to make hacks because eventually they will be caught.Also they ruin it for everyone else
This thread is closed

(16 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG