The online racing simulator
*shudder* I find it very harrowing that Brown opens with a speach about how he believes in a free and fair election with all the madness going on at some polling stations, and the 50+ cases of election fraud already under investigation before the booths even opened. Why did he feel the need to reassure us?

But he ended with a gesture to Lib Dems, parliamentary reform. If that is all that comes out of this election then it will be a small victory - but I seriously hope Brown doesn't form a coalition government, that would be worth considering emigrating for.
Quote from Becky Rose :*shudder* I find it very harrowing that Brown opens with a speach about how he believes in a free and fair election with all the madness going on at some polling stations, and the 50+ cases of election fraud already under investigation before the booths even opened. Why did he feel the need to reassure us?

But he ended with a gesture to Lib Dems, parliamentary reform. If that is all that comes out of this election then it will be a small victory - but I seriously hope Brown doesn't form a coalition government, that would be worth considering emigrating for.

If the Cons don't get an overal majority the Libs will team up with Labour. They''ll have to keep Brown as PM because I don't think the public will take Milliband or Balls taking over.

I think the Lib-Dems teaming up with Conservatives would be a much wiser position long-term. The raising of the lowest tax rate I can easily see happening. ID card they both agree on. Electoral reform is another question.

We'll see what happens. the markets seem more concerned about the eurozone crash atm but sterling has regained losses after some strong conservative swings.

Early results aren't looking great for the Libs tho?
Quote from Becky Rose :Between several thousand voters being turned away, and now apparently ballot papers going missing, this election has descended into a sham of a democracy.

EDIT:
I don't have any guilt :P

The sham is the fact that the people in charge of running the election have now power to uphold the laws, so polling stations which have broken them will get a strongly worded letter and that is it.

This country is well and truly ****ed and no one will take the blame, they just pass the book, each and every time. For once I'd like to see someone say "yes, I ****ed it. But this is how we'll fix it" rather than "well, it was the guy before me who caused this and I am unable to change it without new laws that mean I can see who you vote for and if it isn't me I'll rape, torture and kill your relatives."
Quote from Intrepid :Early results aren't looking great for the Libs tho?

Nope, it's looking pretty shit. However the erraticness and massive vote counts suggest that the results we've had are subject to a large amount of what I shall only write as "randomness". You can fill in the blank for yourself, but i'm pretty sure you know my thoughts on it.
Haha, that commentator guy with the wig really needs to get a new one. It is shite. And why do guys wearing wigs always look so shifty?

He just sits there when he is talking, looking around all the time. He couldn't look any more shifty unless he cuts some eye holes out of a news paper and holds it up over his face.
Listening to coverage on BBC Radio 4. I don't need all these crazy fancy diagrams from Jeremy Vine!
Con take out Opik.... Lib Dems are performing very badly so far. Certainly a large amount of "randomness"
At the time of writing...

177 / 650 declared.

Labour - 76 seats (42.94%) / 2.2 million votes (29.4%)
Conservative - 71 seats (40.11%) / 2.4 million votes (32.3%)
Lib Dem - 9 seats (5.01%) / 1.5 million votes (20.2%)
Conservatives still have a chance to get majority rule.
Cleggy seems very pro Conservative this morning.
Quote from Becky Rose :Cleggy seems very pro Conservative this morning.

Well he probably saw what the market did when at 5am (when lib-lab headlines hit big) the £ fell against the dollar and the euro (falling against the euro shows clear fear in the city of a Lib-Lab coalition). As soon as Clegg talking about a deal with Conservatives the markets bounced. lol Pretty predictable stuff really.

British electorate FACEPALM
Quote from Intrepid :British electorate FACEPALM

Not really, the people did the only thing they could. More votes and a greater share of the votes for Lib Dem because there was a genuine feeling that the Conservatives where not a party who would save the day, but of course fewer seets because we don't have a democracy. To put it in context, as I understand it (and i'm not long awake yet) the Lib Dems got more votes than Labours landslide in 1997.

Conservatives unable to form a majority because, in many ways, the same reason as the Lib Dems lost seats - the system is broken, but also because they just havn't presented Britain with a viable alternative government.

All the Conservatives had to do to win a major landslide victory was present themselves as a party people didn't mind voting for, but because they didn't do that, people didn't vote for them.

We need electoral reform, we need a democracy.
Quote from Becky Rose :All the Conservatives had to do to win a major landslide victory was present themselves as a party people didn't mind voting for, but because they didn't do that, people didn't vote for them.

Considering the mass expansion of the public sector it would be political suicide for the Tories to actually spell out the change that's needed. The Lab bought votes. I've heard it time and time again "I am voting Labour coz I want to keep my job..." as naive as that POV is, it helps Labour to win marginal seats

What we do know is a Lab-Lib alliance will not sit well with the markets and long term, if it continues, will be catastrophic. Debt downgrading, higher interest rates, mass inflation etc... etc...

While yes there needs to be electoral reform we are facing a deep crisis and we all know Brown at n10 is only going to dig us further and further
I find it interesting how you talk with such authority on matters of absolute faith. All the way through you're point of view is "well obviously we're all going to die horrible deaths in a vat of acid if Brown is re-elected or the Lib Dems get a sniff of actual power to implement their madness, the one true righteous path is Conservative. If the Conservatives don't get in the pound will die, we'll be invaded by a former Soviet micro state and we'll be forced to eat glass for food and live as Gorrean sex slaves. The world will be hit by an asteroid, Jesus' second coming will be thwarted by bumping into the Eutelsat on his way down, and Gordon Brown will be solely responsible AND INVESTORS KNOW THIS!".

You're single minded obssession with the opinions of others who you do not speak for makes me laugh.

I can't completely disagree, of course investors want Conservatives in power as they always do. That is afterall what the Convservatives stand for: Power to the wealthy, more wealth to the wealthy, and supplementing their trust funds with expenses claims.

We're agreed that Brown has done a lot of damage, I hate the guy more than is healthy for an adult to hate someone they've never met - but i'm not convinced that the Conservatives are in any way any better, and apparently, neither is the electorate.
Quote from Becky Rose :You're single minded obssession with the opinions of others who you do not speak for makes me laugh.

You aren't the only one.

The words "Typical Tory" spring to mind whenever I read another one of his posts
Quote from Becky Rose :We're agreed that Brown has done a lot of damage, I hate the guy more than is healthy for an adult to hate someone they've never met - but i'm not convinced that the Conservatives are in any way any better, and apparently, neither is the electorate.

And it has to be said the electorate don't seem to have an appetite for electoral reform via the Lib Dems
and about this scaremongering issue one word - Greece
:feedtroll

Just tell him that hes absoluetly right about everything, then he might go away.
We should have put together some 'Intrepid Bingo' cards. We've even had a dig at the BBC in this thread.
He'll start acting all victimised now most likely.
Quote from Crashgate3 :We should have put together some 'Intrepid Bingo' cards. We've even had a dig at the BBC in this thread.

Personally I'm most disappointed that he hasn't managed to squeeze a karting reference in this thread anywhere.
Is it just me that thinks intrepid looks like John McCririck?

I always had him looking like this....
Quote :Just tell him that hes absoluetly right about everything, then he might go away.

Quote :We should have put together some 'Intrepid Bingo' cards. We've even had a dig at the BBC in this thread.

Quote :He'll start acting all victimised now most likely.

Quote :Personally I'm most disappointed that he hasn't managed to squeeze a karting reference in this thread anywhere.

Quote :Is it just me that thinks intrepid looks like John McCririck?

^^
Welcome to the Great British Electorate.

no wonder we're stuffed! We are weeks... months... away from a crisis of Greece proportions ffs people wake uuppp! Just take you're head out your own arses for once and actually look at the figures!

Gold hits new highs against pound
£163bn deficit
projected 1.4 trillion overall debt
£200bn printed money + near 0% interest rate
only a .2% growth in GDP (in real terms probably -2 or -3)
If you know so much about it, why the hell aren't you doing something other than posting about it on a sim racing forum

2010 British General Election
(370 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG