The online racing simulator
2010 British General Election
(370 posts, started )
^^
Welcome to the Great British Tory Voter.

EDIT:- oops, not you Dan

You truly are a self important twat Alan, if I may be so bold.
self important????

I guess not wanting to see the UK turn into Greece is self important???

What utter tosh.
Quote from Intrepid :self important????

I guess not wanting to see the UK turn into Greece is self important???

What utter tosh.

So how do YOU propose WE do something about it?, and FFS don't say "shoulda voted conservative", because there is no way in hell that shower of shite could do anything about it.
Booo, get off your pedestal.

All three major parties realise the need for serious spending cuts (you'd have to be blind not to!), so your 'figures' about huge debts wont be very valid soon, because the financial situation will change no matter who is in charge.
Quote from Intrepid :self important????

Feel free to replace the words "self important" with condescending (I know how much you love a bit of bold text )
Quote from Intrepid :^^
We are weeks... months... away from a crisis of Greece proportions ffs people wake uuppp!

I'm really looking forward to revisiting and requoting this in a few months time.
I love how everyone is calling conservative a bunch of shit twats, yet they have the most seats after the voting...

How does that work? Where is the logic?
If you mean this forum, well clearly this forum only represents a very tiny part of the people.
Well no, I dont mean this forum alone.

I have heard the same crap everywhere.... Be it on internet or real life, same story.
Deepends on who you're around most of the time, no matter what I think it always boils down to the working class vote mostly Labour and higher classes vote mostly Conservative, people just seem to vote out of tradition rather than because of policies. So if you're around working class people most of the time obviously you're going to hear a lot of shit about Cameron I suppose.
Democracy Fail.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I'm really looking forward to revisiting and requoting this in a few months time.

12 months this country will be seeing massive strikes and market turmoil. Mark my words... it's all about fundamentals hence why gold has consistently performed VERY well in the markets

i think Cons will not go anywhere near far enough in fear of losing a general election which we'll have with all this electoral reform.

So either way we're in serious trouble. FT say we aren't Greece but they endorsed the Euro so shows how much they know.
Something on the BBC, now this thread has everything.
Quote from The Moose :....except Karting

Just look in the Formula Kart... i mean Formula 1 thread.
From what I can see, Labour or Lib Dem's proposed spending cuts really aren't very far behind conservatives, and Labour appear to be proposing the biggest tax hike too (although I can't be bothered to find exact figures or work out who will be taxed what at the moment, yawn), all of which should at least help close the defecit somewhat.

So I don't see where Intrepid's predictions of impending doom if Labour keep their government are coming from (and pigs are more likely to fly that that).
I don't understand, how does a party that pretty much flopped in the election now become the key to choose who stays in major power?

Surely by public voting the Liberal Democrats should be completely out of the game, and if you work it out anyway there's 306 Conservative seats and 57 Lib Dem seats totaling 363 which tells me there's a majority that didn't want Labour to stay in power too...or am I completely just baffled trying to understand the voting system?

I come from Burnley in which locally Lib Dem won though so I guess it's not such a bad outcome for our people's view, but I'm still confused. I guess I'm just not political...or that our system is crap.
That's why First-Past-The-Post is widely regarded as a flawed way of running an election.
Quote from 5haz :From what I can see, Labour or Lib Dem's proposed spending cuts really aren't very far behind conservatives, and Labour appear to be proposing the biggest tax hike too (although I can't be bothered to find exact figures or work out who will be taxed what at the moment, yawn), all of which should at least help close the defecit somewhat.

So I don't see where Intrepid's predictions of impending doom if Labour keep their government are coming from (and pigs are more likely to fly that that).

All three parties have proposed spending cuts that amount at most to 25% of what is actually needed. They are no where near close to revealing the extent of what is coming.

The markets fell quite sharply yesterday morning when a lib-lab coalition was hitting the headlines. As soon as Clegg said he would speak to the Tories the markets calmed themselves. The Tories have indicated their intentions about cuts but it hit them so hard in the polls. That's why we didn't see them decribe the necessary cuts we actually need in public spending.

5Haz it doesn't take more than 5 minutes to do a bit of research to see the level of shit we are in. Another Labour Government will spook the markets and no one will want to lend money to us. When that happens our debt will be downgraded and the cost of borrowing will go up which means even more cuts in public spending and more civil unrest.

Next years our budget deficit will be the same as Greece. How can you not see what trouble we are in.

Our currency is de-valuing so fast it's beyond being scary now. Just look at gold price... it's hitting record highs. Consistently throughout history gold is what you look at and right now it's telling us we are in bigggg trouble.

All we've had since this whole house of cards started falling is Labour put interest rates next to zero and print a shit load of money. All this actually does is prop up the failing economy masking over the cracks. Nothing has actually corrected or fixed itself. It's in fact got us in more shit than we were in in 2007

if you don't think we are facing the biggest economic crisis for a century, if not longer, you are more naive than I thought you were
Quote from spacedskunk :I don't understand, how does a party that pretty much flopped in the election now become the key to choose who stays in major power?

Surely by public voting the Liberal Democrats should be completely out of the game, and if you work it out anyway there's 306 Conservative seats and 57 Lib Dem seats totaling 363 which tells me there's a majority that didn't want Labour to stay in power too...or am I completely just baffled trying to understand the voting system?

I come from Burnley in which locally Lib Dem won though so I guess it's not such a bad outcome for our people's view, but I'm still confused. I guess I'm just not political...or that our system is crap.

What's funnier is even with Lib support Lab would still need the Welsh and Scottish Nationalists to form a majority government. a 4-5 way coalition government would be even worse than a 2 way coalition.

Look at the graph, yes we are in the shit at the moment reagrding government spending, but spending cuts and tax hikes will go some way towards getting us out of that, you'll see that all three parties are pretty close together and the gap narrows somewhat.

I'll find you a graph of a rough predicted budget defecit in a sec, and you'll see that it has hit a record peak, but is predicted to drop afterwards.

I'm not even talking about the rest of the economics, I'm talking about the governments spending defecit and how that particular problem will ease in time no matter who you vote for. Yet you insist on spouting your shit in the same patronising manner as if you're an automated robot, I tried to see things from your point of view, but I couldn't get my head that far up my arse.
Quote from 5haz :

Look at the graph, yes we are in the shit at the moment, but spending cuts and tax hikes will go some way towards getting us out of that, you'll see that all three parties are pretty close together and the gap narrows somewhat.

lol that IFS report... nuff said! really you'll have to do a lot better than that than put up a graph that a child could do on Excel!

I have to be patronising because clearly you lot have absolutely no idea of what's coming...
Quote from Intrepid :lol that IFS report... nuff said! really you'll have to do a lot better than that than put up a graph that a child could do on Excel

Its a report nonetheless, regardless of graphs, all three parties realise the need for cuts, you're talking as if Labour would go on raising spending to even greater levels, not even they're daft enough to do that.

Quote from Intrepid :I have to be patronising because clearly you lot have absolutely no idea of what's coming...

You're being patronising because you're a know-it-all with a superiority complex. What are you doing here on this forum when you could make it to Westminster considering how bright the sun shines out of your arse?

What makes you qualified to look down on everyone else and their thoughts? Absolutely nothing. I hope you don't talk to people like this in real life.

You seem to assume that the economic situation will stay the same and head us off to certain doom, but things are always changing, your predictions may be accurate one week, but not the next. As evil as they are politicians are not stupid (which is why they have the job, and not some egotistical forum pleb), and I think everyone realises the need for change to avoid 'ending up like Greece' as you love to put it.
5haz kinda does have a point TBH intrepid, how are you any better qualified to 'know' 100% what is in store for this country than anybody else on this forum??

Unless of course you work for the government in some way and therefore have 'inside info' which is doubtful, but not impossible.

2010 British General Election
(370 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG