The online racing simulator
Quote from thisnameistaken :And it's got a better bass line.

It's simply a better song, but more importantly, not quite as well known.
While I do agree that the message of the song originally has been lost and replaced with a f**k you to Simon Cowell I hope some of those who have joined in (who didn't previously know the song or the meaning) will find it out. If this happens to even only a few it is a good thing IMO. Also more publicity for RATM is never a bad thing either

The final good side of this though is that there will be at least one good song being played on the radio this christmas.

Edit: @ Bob, I know I bought multiple copies and I am sure there are many others who did too.
Oh crikey.... You are right guys....

FaceBook is now filled with comments like "**** you all I wont do what you tell me".....

:doh:
Quote from Greboth :I hope some of those who have joined in (who didn't previously know the song or the meaning) will find it out. If this happens to even only a few it is a good thing IMO. Also more publicity for RATM is never a bad thing either

all we will have now is thousands of 13/14 year olds who think that having bought that song off iTunes or whatever it qualifies them as extreme anarchists rebelling against everything and everybody, like DevilDare just said
Why are you hanging out with 13 year olds anyway?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Why are you hanging out with 13 year olds anyway?

I love their nubile flesh

I'm not, I'm just making another one of my sweeping generalisations
Quote from brandons48 :Haha, imagine sitting in a traffic jam, then, all at once, in every car radio..

"NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP, NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN"

NEVER GONNA RUN AROUND AND DESERT YOUUUUUUU!

had to. sorry.
hehe The Sun. Louis Walsh bitter me thinks

Quote :By LOUIS WALSH

X Factor judge

YOU always have novelty records at No1 for Christmas and Killing In The Name is nothing but that. Joe has nothing to worry about at all.

With all the fuss about Rage Against The Machine, people might fail to realise that Joe has still sold 450,000 records, which is phenomenal.
Louis Walsh
View ... Louis Walsh

He only lost by a tiny 50,000 sales.

He will sell a million singles. I think The Climb will be one of the biggest-selling singles of next year. Besides, it's all about having a career - look at the albums chart.

ALEXANDRA BURKE, JLS and LEONA LEWIS have all come from X Factor and sold millions.

Joe will go on to sell a lot more albums than Rage ever have done. He's going to have a huge career. Missing out on No1 this week will not make a difference to his life.

Rage Against The Machine couldn't fill Wembley now. I think Joe will.

HHhmm... Couldn't fill Wembley eh? haha The RATM reunion was one of the biggest crowd pullers in recent years. Wembley Arena was pretty full the last time I saw em
I think Louis Walsh completely missed the entire point of what the facebook campaign were trying to do..
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer
Quote from Klutch :I think Louis Walsh completely missed the entire point of what the facebook campaign were trying to do..

And what is that exactly? Give the record industry the middle finger by earning them more money? I'm sure they're real worried. Until you get those leaching middlemen out of the picture you're still just playing their game.
It was For The Lulz. Nothing more, nothing less.
Quote from wien :And what is that exactly? Give the record industry the middle finger by earning them more money? I'm sure they're real worried. Until you get those leaching middlemen out of the picture you're still just playing their game.

And another person completely missed the point of what they were trying to do.
What it has proven is more people hate the X Factor than vote for it. I think that itself speaks volumes, about the state of TV viewing, the reasons people watch these kind of shows and the music industry itself.

Thank god the charts don't mean jack these days.
Quote from Dajmin :What it has proven is more people hate the X Factor than vote for it.

I just might have misunderstood that statement, but almost 10 million votes were cast over the final weekend.

Sure, loads of people hate the X Factor et al, but still 10 million is quite a lot of people who were arsed to vote...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/ ... e-x-factor-final-1.992127
Quote from Silverracer :I just might have misunderstood that statement, but almost 10 million votes were cast over the final weekend.

Sure, loads of people hate the X Factor et al, but still 10 million is quite a lot of people who were arsed to vote...

A good proportion of those would have been the same people, and also at least 50 million *didn't* vote.

As an interesting aside, what's the figure for the number of people who voted in the last election?
I think I actually typed the wrong thing. I meant "more people hate it than care enough to buy the singles". They watch and vote for the entertainment and the drama, not for the music. And Simon Cowell knows it - he's staged the whole show around it. Nothing ever happens that he hasn't foreseen or at least planned for. The man is a genius.

That's why we can all look forward to watching a pair of talentless morons with ridiculous hair prancing around doing unspeakable things to what were once real songs. He got the callers' money, and I'd bet my left nut that he's also getting a cut of every single contract that comes out of that place, with him backing or not.

Incidentally, from what I can see about 30 million people voted in the 2005 national elections (excluding Northern Ireland).
Quote from Crashgate3 :
As an interesting aside, what's the figure for the number of people who voted in the last election?

Quote from Dajmin :I think I actually typed the wrong thing. I meant "more people hate it than care enough to buy the singles".

Quote from Klutch :I think Louis Walsh completely missed the entire point of what the facebook campaign were trying to do..

Simon Cowell is also butthurt about it but still missing the point of what it was trying to do.

Quote from Silverracer :I just might have misunderstood that statement, but almost 10 million votes were cast over the final weekend.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/ ... e-x-factor-final-1.992127

Sure 10 million votes were cast, but what proportion of those votes were duplicates from people who voted twice, thrice or even 20 times?
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :A dilluted meessage is just as dangerous, if not more so, than no message.

Now we will have kids up and down singing "F*** you I won't do what you tell me" thinking that it's a big middle finger up to Cowell, rather than what it was. A Big "F*** You" to the racist LA Police and the beating of Rodney King.

As I said - Non conformity at its hypocritical best

If you're in this for any serious political reasons, then you're in this for the wrong reason.

This whole campaign is for shits and giggles, its not about anarchy or fighting the power or not conforming, its about fun and having a shot at changing a bit of history for 99p, what harm does that do?

And so what if the record companies make money out of this, RATM get christmas number 1, and they make a small fortune, everyone's happy.

In a way it was an experiment, to see whether what began as a humble Facebook group could grow to have national, even international effects via the wonders of the internet.

Personally I just wanted to see if it could happen.

People need to take life less seriously.
Now the machine they're raging against has given them a hit single. Well done society, you just divided by zero
You don't seem to understand that the whole point of this is not to rebel.
The point of the campaign maybe wasn't, but the message of the bands songs (and the very fact that they're named after) most certainly is. Which means that by having everyone conform to an opinion somebody chose for them betrays the very thing they stand for.
Quote from 5haz :People need to take life less seriously.

Meh, people need to wake up from all the bullshit and take a look around them. Tens of millions of people (hundreds of millions worldwide) watch these junk talent and reality TV shows but how many of them watch the news or keep up with world affairs? Governments and corporations are getting away with murder (literally in some cases) and people couldn't care less. Ask the average person in the street what they think of the global financial crisis and they'll probably give you a sentence as an answer. Ask them what they think of X Factor and you're probably going to get a lot longer answer, whether they're for the X Factor or against it.
Quote from Dajmin :The point of the campaign maybe wasn't, but the message of the bands songs (and the very fact that they're named after) most certainly is. Which means that by having everyone conform to an opinion somebody chose for them betrays the very thing they stand for.

So what? To be honest it hardly even matters what song they chose for their campaign, what is important at the end of the day is that the Xfactor single didn't get number 1.

And what this with 'conforming'? Just because you share an opinion with other people dosen't mean you just blindly conformed with their views.

Is it getting to the point where simply agreeing with someone gets you labelled 'conformist'? :rolleyes:
But what did that actually accomplish? The same number of people bought the single that would have bought it anyway. The industry (via Sony BMG) now gets double the money they would've done otherwise.
And all that happened was one manufactured hit was replaced by another.

Bid To Beat X Factor 'Karaoke Act' To No 1
(141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG