Woooo!

Rage!!!! Yes! Yes!

Up yours XCraptor.
haha RATM have got #1
Yes! :d
lol

IT WORKED. Rage Against The Machine are No1
I seriously laughed at all the Radio 1 Texts that they have been reading

All Joe supporters were girls and only 'cos he is "fit".

Just tells about music these days....
Quote from DevilDare :I seriously laughed at all the Radio 1 Texts that they have been reading

All Joe supporters were girls and only 'cos he is "fit".

Just tells about music these days....

Eh, you can't deny he is seriously talented.
Quote from niall09 :Eh, you can't deny he is seriously talented.

I can

RATM lol never thought i'd see the day when they got number 1.
Quote from niall09 :Eh, you can't deny he is seriously talented.

Yes he does. He has a good voice.

But seriously - Most of his supporters were teenage girls who only like him because he looks "good".

Quite stupid if you ask me....

Just listening to Radio 1 texts was sad...

"Joe should defo win! He is so adorable!!!"
"Rage is crap. Go Joe. He is so fit"

Same thing over and over again for those 3 hours that the show was on.....

I am happy RATM got it.

If Joe really is talented, he will write his own song and will rise up that way, not through XFactor and Simon brainwashing.
Cowell, your boy took one hell of a beating.
Haha, nice.

On a related note: The final of the german version of "Britain's Got Talent" was yesterday and the winner is: A dog.

At least he won't be bringing out a CD.
#87 - CSF
52000 copies more... ouch for xfactor to be honest...
Whos going to their free show then?
YES!!!!!!

Haha! Some talent back on the radio.

And +100 for Rick Astley next year
Haha, imagine sitting in a traffic jam, then, all at once, in every car radio..

"NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP, NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN"

Normally I would love this type of thing, however it does not sit well with me. The message of the song has now been diluted, kids will be singing lines from this without realising it's origins, much like when the Manics got no.1 with "If You Tolerate This Then Your Children Will Be Next". Not many who bought it realised it was about the Spanish Civil War.

This whole 'campaign' ruins the song for me, it would have been better if they choose the Killers Christmas song which they release every year for charity or something like that.

Don't listen to Simon Cowell, listen to this facebook group instead. Non conformity at its hypocritical best. :doh:
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Normally I would love this type of thing, however it does not sit well with me. The message of the song has now been diluted, kids will be singing lines from this without realising it's origins, much like when the Manics got no.1 with "If You Tolerate This Then Your Children Will Be Next". Not many who bought it realised it was about the Spanish Civil War.

This whole 'campaign' ruins the song for me, it would have been better if they choose the Killers Christmas song which they release every year for charity or something like that.

Don't listen to Simon Cowell, listen to this facebook group instead. Non conformity at its hypocritical best. :doh:

If they chose a christmas song they would have amassed total sales of 5. The song was perfect for this type of campaign.

Now, you say the meaning is diluted. Well 1m+ people joined the campaign, and millions other have now been exposed to RATM. A diluted message is better than NO message. Or are you just unhappy the ratm have amassed so much popularity and thats makes em a little less special for you? is that not selfish ?
Quote from Intrepid :
Now, you say the meaning is diluted. Well 1m+ people joined the campaign, and millions other have now been exposed to RATM. A diluted message is better than NO message. Or are you just unhappy the ratm have amassed so much popularity and thats makes em a little less special for you? is that not selfish ?

A dilluted meessage is just as dangerous, if not more so, than no message.

Now we will have kids up and down singing "F*** you I won't do what you tell me" thinking that it's a big middle finger up to Cowell, rather than what it was. A Big "F*** You" to the racist LA Police and the beating of Rodney King.

As I said - Non conformity at its hypocritical best
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :A dilluted meessage is just as dangerous, if not more so, than no message.

Now we will have kids up and down singing "F*** you I won't do what you tell me" thinking that it's a big middle finger up to Cowell, rather than what it was. A Big "F*** You" to the racist LA Police and the beating of Rodney King.

So you would prefer the message to stay just with you and a selected others? You don't want kids to be given the oppurtunity to listen to the song because they won't understand?

When RATM signed to Sony they diluted their message. That dilution is why you have heard of them, and understand the message. Why obstruct everone else's oppurtunity
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Normally I would love this type of thing, however it does not sit well with me. The message of the song has now been diluted, kids will be singing lines from this without realising it's origins, much like when the Manics got no.1 with "If You Tolerate This Then Your Children Will Be Next". Not many who bought it realised it was about the Spanish Civil War.

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :A dilluted meessage is just as dangerous, if not more so, than no message.

I surprised you can hear the radio from up there on your high-horse.

Surely one of the reasons a song like this is deemed a classic is that it stands up on its own as a peice of entertainment and a bloody good song, whether you choose to find out what it's about or not. Otherwise you might as well just listen to a series of Sociology lectures.
Now all I need to do is get my hands on tickets to this free gig. A shame they can't get everyone who helped a ticket, unless there's a stadium that holds a quarter of a million people. Although that said, I suspect many people bought multiple copies, so maybe my chances will fare a little better.
Quote from Intrepid :If they chose a christmas song they would have amassed total sales of 5. The song was perfect for this type of campaign.

Bullet In The Head was on the same album, look up the lyrics, it would've been ideal.

And it's got a better bass line.

Bid To Beat X Factor 'Karaoke Act' To No 1
(141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG