The online racing simulator
you do realise the record company that the xfactor winner is signed to will just buy back a load of them singles by the end of the week to make it number 1
Ok... but why that shite song by rage agaisnt the machine?
Well, why not just buy lady gaga bad romance, as it has the distinct advantage of already being at number 1.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Well, why not just buy lady gaga bad romance, as it has the distinct advantage of already being at number 1.

No, just no. That song is just awful
I think the point is to get a song to number 1 that should never be Christmas number 1, something so unrelated to Christmas that it's obvious it only got there because of this campaign. It's also useful to show people the power they have as consumers.
I like that part of it, in that despite what cowell wants to churn out, we can make the difference.

I remember when downloaded tracks sales were first included in the charts, and chris moyles of radio 1 managed to get billie piper - honey to the bee, back into the charts from about 10 years before.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/ ... ownloads-chart-success.do
#32 - MR_B
i just bought it
Did Radio 5 really expect Rage to... well, "do what they told ya"? I think R5 were missing the point of the song somewhat...
I think some people on R5 knew that was going to happen, and some clearly didn't.
UK Christmas Number 1
Surprised there hasn't been a thread on this already.

In short, people in the UK are tired of X Factor stars getting the xmas number 1 for the past 5 years, and are suggesting we all buy Rage Against The Machine's Killing In The Name and try to get that to number 1.

In the news: Wales Online, MSN News, The Guardian

The facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2228594104

I think it's a great idea and it would be cool to see it work out. I did my bit, just bought a copy of the song from Play. And TuneTribe. And Tesco. And HMV. As RATM says, power to the people.

Today is the last day it counts, for anyone wanting to add their support.
I did search for christman number one! Silly forum search. Thanks, threads merged.

Most recent sales figures I can find:
RATM - 306,000
Joe - 297,000
Well latest data is all mixed up. Some say Rage is ahead, while some say behind. I think a lot of download websites are trying to attract more download sales with various sales figures.

Sales must be near 400k by now.

Very recently a lot of betting companies have slashed odds on rage. WOnder if they know something we don't.
Sheesh, don't moderators use the search function...
EDIT: Sheesh, don't sarcastic forum members refresh before posting.
btw ratm have promised a massive free uk gig if they win.
Listening to the radio broadcast that is on YT made me lol, as he had shouted 'f--k you i wont do what they tell me' about 5 times before they managed to fade it out, and i have visions of the presenter hearing the first swear,with a priceless look of fear on their face, then frantically sprinting, back from the canteen or somewhere (as they didnt see the need to sit in the studio while the song was playing) coffee in hand, dashing through to the studio in order to fade it out as quickly as possible whilst panicking like hell!
still number one yes!
On downloads yes, but added with x factors physical sales it doesn't look all that greatStill 30 mins left. 8 copies can be downloaded for FREE legitmately via various offers. details on FB pages
SEVEN minutes remaining.....

That is all.
Seven actually, but four now.

Bid To Beat X Factor 'Karaoke Act' To No 1
(141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG