The online racing simulator
LFS installer final test
(66 posts, closed, started )
LFS installer final test
Hello again,

This is a follow-up thread of http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=63304
I've decided to put up the, what I think is the final version of the Z25 installer here in a new clean thread.
This is a full installer, unlike most of the past tests which were small to keep things simple. The following file will install LFS on your computer and do the shortcuts and assosications if you select any : http://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S2_Z25_setup.exe
The installer comes in 27 languages as well. Your preferred language will be auto-detected but will still be selectable. I have noticed that if you have an English version of Windows your default language will most likely be English.

If there's anything out of the ordinary or worth noting, please do so in this thread.

Thank you!
I can see only 7 available languages there, is it normal?
yes, it only displays the languages it can display correctly. And because NSIS doesn't use Unicode it can only display those langauges that use the same codepage as you do.
English is always available though.
Just a small typo i think - On the highlighted shouldn't there be "S1 e S2" where it says "S e S"?
Attached images
3.JPG
Quote from LiveForBoobs :Just a small typo i think - On the highlighted shouldn't there be "S1 e S2" where it says "S e S"?

Look at this post, there Scawen notified all translators about this problem.
actually i had a small bug too in my language file generator, which is now fixed. But yeah that text is a bit outdated and could do with a retranslation.
Quote from LiveForBoobs :Just a small typo i think - On the highlighted shouldn't there be "S1 e S2" where it says "S e S"?

The Portuguese agreement text is still wrong, the English one doesn't mention any specific licenses.

Maybe it would be best to use the Brazilian agreement, as I think the rest of the Portuguese installer uses Brazilian anyway.
I think the Lfs "fresh" install looks horrible with his default mip bias settings.
This would be the first thing i would change, as a new user. ( but maybe only, if he find the options button before the uninstall option :shrug

No problems with the installer himself , so .
When I install the default language is "Español (alfabeticación internacional)" in english Spanish (International alphabetitation). Also has another language that is "Español", so what is the Spanish from Spain? The logical is the international one for america and the "Español" for Spain. If it is right the default languange is wrong in spain.

Edit: I see that is the same text in "both languages", So it has some gramatical errors
Regarding to your nations flag , it should be " Castellano " ?
Is possible, but to me only exist 1 language, in Spain, Español or Castellano is the same
Works fine here (Win XP SP3)

Finnish text needs some final touches.
Quote from Scawen :The Portuguese agreement text is still wrong, the English one doesn't mention any specific licenses.

Maybe it would be best to use the Brazilian agreement, as I think the rest of the Portuguese installer uses Brazilian anyway.

I just read both, and there are some differences.

Everything is quite good except that highlighted part. Here's that part but without any S's, like it is on portuguese from brazil.

"O conteúdo bloqueado está apenas disponível para utilizadores propriamente licenciados."
German translation is a bit mixed...

On the license agreement page the translator used three different words for "license agreement".
The red boxes on the image show these different words. I would suggest to replace the last marked word "Lizenzvereinbarungen" through "Lizenzbedingungen".

On the page where you select the shortcuts, I would replace the title "Links und Dateiverknüpfungen" through "Symbole und Dateiverknüpfungen" because "Links" is not used within the rest of the page

And on the very last page the title is in the wrong tense. It should be "Die Installation von Live for Speed wurde abgeschlossen" which is coherent with the next sentence
Attached images
terms.png
Oh and when I start the UninstallLFS.exe windows 7 asks about admin rights. But the appliacation name in the popup is AU_.exe.
Quote from Napalm Candy :Edit: I see that is the same text in "both languages", So it has some gramatical errors

Please could you describe the grammatical errors? Otherwise we'll just have to say to the translator, "there are some grammatical errors".

Quote from Not Sure :Works fine here (Win XP SP3)

Finnish text needs some final touches.

Please could you describe where it needs improvement?

As this is very near to release, we really need to know what the problems are so we can ask the translators to correct them.

Thanks!
Works fine using wine 1.1.33 under linux.

Brazilian Portuguese translated with final touches.
I had 2 Installations . One in G and one in F. They shared a programm folder in Start/programms folder ( LFS and LiveforSpeed ). By de-installation from F (last one) it erased the complete Programm folder under Start/programms, so there is now no De-installation for the other Lfs installation in G: (?left/remaining?) .

+ there is a typo in the Deinstallation screen (Symbole and Smybole)

( bad english i know )
Quote from Scawen :Please could you describe the grammatical errors? Otherwise we'll just have to say to the translator, "there are some grammatical errors".

Please could you describe where it needs improvement?

As this is very near to release, we really need to know what the problems are so we can ask the translators to correct them.

Thanks!

Ok, I don't know how to say in English, but in Spanish or Italian we have 2 forms to speak, one to our Friends/Family and another showing respect when talk to old people or to your boss. We talk "de tú" or "de usted". Mix this two forms it is not correct. I think here we can talk in the informal form.

In the installer text talk in the formal form (in all windows), but in the Licence Agreement talk in the informal form, also has some errors, I copy the text with the corrections

Quote :Bienvenido a Live for Speed!

Para utilizar este programa, debes aceptar lo siguiente :

- Live for Speed está en continuo desarrollo. Podrán ser añadidas, modificadas o quitadas algunas características en cualquier momento. Podrían ser añadidas algunas características que pueden estar incompletas, aunque funcionales, para mejorar la variedad y el contenido del simulador. -> that paragraph it is not very good redacted, seems an online translator translated directly. Would be correct something like

- Live for Speed está en continuo desarrollo, por lo que algunas características podrían ser modificadas o eliminadas en cualquier momento. También podrían ser añadidas algunas características que, aunque funcionales, pudieran estar incompletas, con el fin de mejorar la variedad y el contenido del simulador.

- Este programa no viene con ningún tipo de garantía. It is correct to say: Este programa no ofrece ningún tipo de garantía

- Instalar y utilizar este programa es bajo tu responsabilidad. Los desarrolladores de Live for Speed no tienen ningún tipo de responsabilidad de los daños personales o causados a tu computadora que éste pueda causar durante su utilización.
- Utiliza e instala este programa bajo tu responsabilidad. En ningún caso los desarroladores de Live for Speed se hacen responsables de los posibles daños que Live for Speed pudiera ocasionarte a ti o a tu ordenador.

- El contenido de la DEMO lo puede utilizar cualquiera, es totalmente gratis. El contenido BLOQUEADO es solo para usuarios con la correspondiente licencia. No debes intentar acceder al contenido bloqueado, o ayudar a otras personas a hacerlo, de ninguna otra manera que no sea adquiriendo una licencia y utilizando la ventana del juego destinada a desbloquearlo.

- El contenido de la DEMO es totalmente gratuito y lo puede usar cualquiera. El contenido BLOQUEADO es sólo para usuarios con la correspondiente licencia. No debes intentar acceder al contenido bloqueado o ayudar a otras personas a hacerlo de ninguna otra manera que no sea adquiriendo una licencia y utilizando la ventana del juego destinada a desbloquearlo.

Gracias.

In portuguese it's also on the formal form. I think it's more correct. Also most, if not all, applications are written that way.
Quote from LiveForBoobs :In portuguese it's also on the formal form. I think it's more correct. Also most, if not all, applications are written that way.

The text what I have write is in the informal form, I thougth it is more familiar, but only in Spain use the informal form, in south-america they use only the formal form, also in Argentina and Uruguay they uses another more formal form, they speak everybody how you would speak to a king

So would be correct to use formal form, to be like portuguese, italian, catalonian, and possible other latin languages like french
-
(danthebangerboy) DELETED by the_angry_angel
it worked fine in korean part(win xp sp3)
works fine with Bulgarian - windows 7 ultimate 64x
I downloaded the installer and put it in this location:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserX\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

I have put it there because my laptop is from school and this is the only folder that allows .exe files to work. (My friends have been going crazy all year wondering how I got firefox to work). But, when I start the installer, it requires an admin login.

The laptop runs windows xp, so I was just wondering why the installer requires admin rights? Isn't one of the reasons for the installer so that in vista and 7 the program files things doesn't get blocked due to admin rights. Having the installer be admin enabled only just seems counter-intuitive.

Or is this just a problem with my computer? I have had all other program installers work fine (except for programs like flash because that requires admin rights as well. I just got the files for firefox from my other computer.)

Thanks,
Shashdev
Quote from GeForz :German translation is a bit mixed...

On the license agreement page the translator used three different words for "license agreement".
The red boxes on the image show these different words. I would suggest to replace the last marked word "Lizenzvereinbarungen" through "Lizenzbedingungen".

On the page where you select the shortcuts, I would replace the title "Links und Dateiverknüpfungen" through "Symbole und Dateiverknüpfungen" because "Links" is not used within the rest of the page

And on the very last page the title is in the wrong tense. It should be "Die Installation von Live for Speed wurde abgeschlossen" which is coherent with the next sentence

I've updated with your comments.

Quote from GeForz :Oh and when I start the UninstallLFS.exe windows 7 asks about admin rights. But the appliacation name in the popup is AU_.exe.

I could fix this for the uninstaller, but I think you should see the same for the installer? Could you check?
For the installer it is not easy to fix. I have to do some workarounds for Vista, so that it doesn't take 5 minutes to even start the installer. The downside of this is that i have to get admin rights on other OS's in an alternate way. This causes the installer to start first in normal user mode, and then restart again requesting admin rights. So the file that you see is a temporarily extracted one.
However I could fix it by not writing uninstall information to the registry, which is the only reason for requesting admin rights. This registry information makes LFS show up in your Add/Remove Programs window. It's not totally important to have that actually. You can still uninstall via the uninstall link in Start Menu, or directly via the uninstall file in the LFS folder.

Hmm, not writing that registry info would actually allow to take out all the Vista workarounds and cure the related side effects.
Would it be missed, not having a Live for Speed entry in Add/Remove Programs?
This thread is closed

LFS installer final test
(66 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG