The online racing simulator
LFS installer final test
(66 posts, closed, started )
#51 - Dmt
Quote from Lible :No possibility of a no-registry aka 'portable' option?

LFS doesn't know about the registry. You can copy your installation wherever you want it. The installer just makes it easy. We may provide (perhaps on the additional downloads page) an old style self-extracting archive. But this has all been discussed before, I'm not saying anything new.
Tested it on my Acer laptop with W7 32 bit. Worked great. However, on my stationary (W7 32 bit), LFS doesent show up in the Add/remove programs list. I did install it on top of an older install of LFS (not my primary one). Can this have something to do with it?
#54 - vari
Quote from Not Sure :Works fine here (Win XP SP3)
Finnish text needs some final touches.

Quote from Krane :Please elaborate.

Yes please do. Some lines are in the installer already though and nothing we can do about those I guess.
Look at this

Quote from Victor :
Furthermore I have done away with UAC by omitting the registry keys that make LFS appear in Add/Remove Programs. You will no longer be asked if the installer may acquire admin level access.

Ok thank you guys. Should have searched for it...
Quote from vari :Yes please do. Some lines are in the installer already though and nothing we can do about those I guess.

I think Victor is still able to add updates, I think he can import language fixes easily if the fixes are safe.

For example there are still some serious ones like this (serious in the sense that it just looks totally wrong) :

Quote from Dmt :It says "Vajutage next" ,but should be "Vajutage edasi" :P

http://www.upload.ee/image/267564/installerlfs.png

Quote from Scawen :
Please could you describe where it needs improvement?

My suggestions:

"parantamiseksi" instead of "viihdyttävyyden parantamiseksi.

"DEMO" and "LUKITTU" look strange, maybe they should not be in caps.
#59 - vari
Quote from Not Sure :My suggestions:

I took a look at this and I think it's fine as it is. (been part of the Finnish help text forever) Original line:

Quote : Some functional but incomplete features may be included in order to enhance the variety and content of the simulator.

I guess there could also be more literal approach but that sounded a bit stupid to me.

The demo and lukittu are in caps in the original text as well so I guess that's how it should be.

Quote : The DEMO content is given to all people to use, free of charge. The LOCKED content is for appropriately licensed users only.

These are my suggestions, Over to the original translator of those particular lines
Quote from pasibrzuch :First, (pic 1) in all languages the word 'Speed' is in the lower line. It could be more estethic if whole Live for Speed name was in the same line.

This is up to Victor, to tell us if we can use in our translations some special tags like for example "\n" for line brake.

Quote :I've asked my ex, witch studies Polish language, and she says it can be just "LFS", without any letters.

You are absolutely right. It's corrected now.

Quote : Another thing is .lyt files called KJS. It's very good because everyone here knows what to expect, it's the same as autocross. But .lyt files are used also to change runoff areas on tracks (forced by servers etc.) right? In this case layout has nothing to do with KJS, but I will just point this out, I've no opinion about this.

This is another story. The layouts was created to use mainly with auto-crossing. The other cases when layouts are used are only the exception confirming the rule.
Quote from Scawen :We may provide (perhaps on the additional downloads page) an old style self-extracting archive.

Yes, please .
#62 - mobu
Danish translation
Quote from Rascar13 :Tested the danish translated installation. There's a few minor typo errors:

At the page with license agreement where it explains what to do, below it, it should be like the following (red text is the words i changed to correct danish)

"Tryk 'Jeg accepterer' hvis du ønsker at acceptere alle vilkårene i aftalen og fortsætte. Du skal acceptere vilkårene for at installere Live for Speed."

But that was also the only things to point out it seems. Good work

I have also reviewed the Danish translation and found a couple of typos and have a couple of suggestions for alternative formulations. Red words are to be removed, green words are corrections of typos or additions.

First screen:
Denne wizard installationsguide vil guide hjælpe dig gennem installationen af LFS Live for Speed.

License Agreement:
Velkommen til Live for Speed!

Inden du tager dette software i brug, skal du læse og acceptere følgende :

- Live For Speed er under udvikling. Funktioner kan til enhver tid blive tilføjet, opdateret eller fjernet fra tid til anden. Visse funktionelle men endnu ikke færdiggjorte funktioner kan være indkluderet inkluderet for at forstærke øge variationen og indholdet i simulatoren.

- Der ydes INGEN garanti af nogen slags på denne dette software.

- Installation og brug af dette software er på eget ansvar. Udviklerne af Live for Speed tager ikke ansvaret for personlig skade som måtte forekomme ved brug af dette software, eller en hver nogen form for skade på dit pc-system inklusiv skadede filer, tabt data eller skadet hardware.

- DEMO indholdet i dette software gives gratis til alle til fri afbenyttelse. Det DEAKTIVEREDE S1 og S2 indhold i dette software er kun til brugere med S1 og S2 rette licens. Du må ikke forsøge at opnå adgang til det deaktiverede indhold, eller hjælpe andre til at få adgang til det deaktiverede indhold, på anden måde end at købe en licens på www.liveforspeed.net og bruge aktiverings menuen aktiveringsmenuen i spillet.

Mange tak.

Shortcuts:
Vælg vikle hvilke genveje der skal dannes :
Dan Opret
genvej på skrivebordet
Dan Opret genveje i startmenuen

I think the installer adds a more finished touch to the product. Keep up the good work.

/Morten
Quote from Not Sure :My suggestions:

'parantamiseksi' sounds nice; changed.

Caps are used because original text in game uses caps also, just like vari said. I agree they will look a bit off in an installer license text - but the original use is in game where caps are used to emphasize parts of the text. It's not a big deal if those are changed to lower case for the installer text (meaning if it's technically possible to have it separate from the in game help.txt).
I've completed Russian translation and updated the agreement in the help. Thanks for the contributor who sent the translation draft.
Quote from pasibrzuch :Yes, I can't find any matching word too. I saw 'layout ' in Czech instalation and I was like "what?" Hrvatski version is untraslated there... Hungarian has smth like organised cones....

Edit: Now I think that once a fresh user will 'get 'it looking at KJS, he will forget it and use slang anyway - lejaut

I use the equivalent of "scheme".
This thread is closed

LFS installer final test
(66 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG