The online racing simulator
Chopper with HUBLESS wheels!!!
(16 posts, started )
#1 - Woz
They're not really hubless. Still looks awesome though (despite the fact that I despise the look of "custom choppers". They look silly, and persons riding them even more so)
I hate choppers, but I'm really interested in how they managed this
It's not new though, the Zero Bike from like 1991 had hubless wheels.
PS. Choppers = FAGS!!
But how does it work?
it's quite easy actually, at least in concept. There is a hub, it's just nearly as big as the wheel and made hollow, so you can see through. The wheel itself is basically just a narrow rim beneath the rubber tyre.
-
(gezmoor) DELETED by gezmoor
#6 - MR_B
Why?
Why? Because it's different...
That thing has less ground clearance than a F1 car. The wheels sure are an eyecatcher, though.
anyone else wanna scrap a midget inside and give him/her the ride of their life?

pm for more info
Quote from theirishnoob :anyone else wanna scrap a midget inside and give him/her the ride of their life?

pm for more info

Get a midget for each wheel, make them run and you don't even need the engine
Most usls thing ever.
It's great from a packaging point of view if this gives a lot more room for electric motors and suspension to be packaged inside the wheel. Think how much more room you'd have inside the car? Or how much smaller it could be? Or how much lower the CoG is. And so on.

Alternatively, you could put some lips around the inside, seal one side of the wheel and put a door on the other, and you can do your laundry on the commute to work.
Quote from Bob Smith :
Alternatively, you could put some lips around the inside, seal one side of the wheel and put a door on the other, and you can do your laundry on the commute to work.

Excellent idea!
As was already pointed out, they're not really hubless. But I guess "Chopper with hubless wheels" sounds better than "Chopper with huge hollow hubs".

Looks interesting and different though so a thumbs up.

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG