The online racing simulator
I would agree with Blueflame in that the primary purpose is to reproduce. That doesn't stop people having lots of secondary purposes, and in an animal as capable of abstract thought as a human those secondary purposes are able to be assigned greater importance by the person holding them.

If we were flatworms, then yes, if you didn't reproduce you'd be pretty useless, but I like to think we've become more than that At the very least, adding your own experiences and ideas, and otherwise positively affecting the lives of those who do reproduce would acheive the primary purpose.
Quote from JJ72 :That's some generalization...what you said is basically anyone who doesn't reproduce has no purpose in life, and every single person on earth knows someone who died from cancer.

The first part isn't what I am saying, but the second part is. Everybody knows somebody that died of cancer (assuming you know what cancer is and are in a place where it is of conscious knowledge).
Quote from BlueFlame :The first part isn't what I am saying, but the second part is. Everybody knows somebody that died of cancer (assuming you know what cancer is and are in a place where it is of conscious knowledge).

And I know a person with a down syndrome. You can't laugh at people with the down syndrome, yet cancer is okay?

You, sir, have some unexplainable double standards

Attachment: person with down syndrome, playing a funny character. Just laugh along with him. Be happy, and don't make a fuss about people laughing about possible 'offensive' subjects. .
Attached images
776719090_5_zs-D.jpeg
Oh, and here's an Alpaca out of nowhere.

Attached images
1265038868625.jpg
Quote from hrtburnout :And I know a person with a down syndrome. You can't laugh at people with the down syndrome, yet cancer is okay?

You, sir, have some unexplainable double standards

Nobody is born with cancer (in fact everybody is, technically), but even somebody with cancer can live a normal life. A person with down syndrome has to be cared for. Any one of us can get cancer, so the jokes on us as a population, I could contract cancer tomorrow but it wouldn't stop me laughing at that picture. I don't know anybody with down syndrome, but I don't laugh or make fun of people that are different to me. Cancer affects everybody, you don't have to be genetically mutated or abnormal to get it. So like I said, laughing at a light hearted cancer joke (about a horse) is laughing with the whole human population. Everyone knows someone who suffered and even died from it. Not everybody knows someone with down syndrome. If you have a direct or indirect experience with something, then you have a right to have any opinion about it. If you have no direct or indirect experience about something, then it's definately wrong to laugh or make fun.

But being dutch, cancer is the worst thing to say, so making fun with cancer is cardinal sin, but making fun of handicapped people isn't? I don't laugh at down syndrome because I am glad I don't have it, and because I pray that my children aren't handicapped, because then people like you can't laugh at them. I laugh at cancer, because the chances are, I will get it later on in my life so the joke is on me not that it bothers me, I will die when I die, but even if I knew for sure I was to get cancer, my life won't suffer because of it, but my life would suffer if I was born as a handicapped human.
Quote from BlueFlame :even somebody with cancer can live a normal life. A person with down syndrome has to be cared for.

There's plenty of people with Down's Syndrome that do not have to be cared for. In fact, some people with down's syndrome are able to get driver's licenses. Likewise, there's plenty of people with cancer that do have to be cared for. Also, not everyone gets cancer. And, everyone is not "technically born with cancer."
Quote from BlueFlame :Nobody is born with cancer (in fact everybody is, technically), but even somebody with cancer can live a normal life. A person with down syndrome has to be cared for. Any one of us can get cancer, so the jokes on us as a population, I could contract cancer tomorrow but it wouldn't stop me laughing at that picture. I don't know anybody with down syndrome, but I don't laugh or make fun of people that are different to me. Cancer affects everybody, you don't have to be genetically mutated or abnormal to get it. So like I said, laughing at a light hearted cancer joke (about a horse) is laughing with the whole human population. Everyone knows someone who suffered and even died from it. Not everybody knows someone with down syndrome. If you have a direct or indirect experience with something, then you have a right to have any opinion about it. If you have no direct or indirect experience about something, then it's definately wrong to laugh or make fun.

Pah. Can we move on, please?

http://i674.photobucket.com/al ... werxx/NotFunnyAnymore.jpg
Quote from wheel4hummer : Also, not everyone gets cancer. And, everyone is not "technically born with cancer."

Everyone has the ability to contract cancer, we all have the cells that can become aggressive. It's hard to use an analogy but there isn't a need to. Everyone has the potential to get cancer. It's not something you catch from anybody, you contract it from within yourself. No amount of exercise, smoking, healthy eating will stop it. The cells are in your body and it's the cells of your body that go bad. You aren't born with the disease but you are born with the potential to get it, therefore technically speaking, you are born with cancer because everybody has that gene, since we are all human? (Aren't we?)
Quote from BlueFlame :Everyone has teh ability to contract cancer

Cancer is not something you "contract." Cancer is when cells grow uncontrollably. Everyone has the ability to develop cancer. Saying that everyone is born with cancer is like saying that ice is steam.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Cancer is not something you "contract." Cancer is when cells grow uncontrollably. Everyone has the ability to develop cancer. Saying that everyone is born with cancer is like saying that ice is steam.

To become steam ice needs to be heated. Cancer happens of its own accord, this is what I am saying. We all know you don't catch it from someone else, it is already within you, waiting to be activated. We are all born with cancer, it just lays dormant for some time, all of your life if you are lucky.

If a race driver has potential, if obviously means he's a good driver, though statistically hasn't got any numbers to his/her name.
Quote from BlueFlame :Nobody is born with cancer (in fact everybody is, technically), but even somebody with cancer can live a normal life.

Not really.
Quote from BlueFlame :I don't know anybody with down syndrome, but I don't laugh or make fun of people that are different to me.
Cancer affects everybody, you don't have to be genetically mutated or abnormal to get it. So like I said, laughing at a light hearted cancer joke (about a horse) is laughing with the whole human population.

I disagree. Cancer is a bit more serious than a flu, you know.
Quote from BlueFlame :If you have a direct or indirect experience with something, then you have a right to have any opinion about it. If you have no direct or indirect experience about something, then it's definately wrong to laugh or make fun.

You just made that up. It's up to me to decide whether I joke about it or not.
Quote from BlueFlame :But being dutch, cancer is the worst thing to say, so making fun with cancer is cardinal sin, but making fun of handicapped people isn't?

So now you're an 'expert' on Dutch too eh? Kanker isn't the worst thing to say in the Netherlands. In fact, nowadays it can be compared to way '****' is used in English. A 'kankermarokkaan' would translate to '****ing Moroccan'.
Quote from BlueFlame :I don't laugh at down syndrome because I am glad I don't have it, and because I pray that my children aren't handicapped, because then people like you can't laugh at them.
I laugh at cancer, because the chances are, I will get it later on in my life so the joke is on me not that it bothers me, I will die when I die, but even if I knew for sure I was to get cancer, my life won't suffer because of it, but my life would suffer if I was born as a handicapped human.

That's quite egocentric. Laughing at and about cancer might not be as severe as laughing at down syndrome, because they might affect you differently? You should think from other people's perspective. You might think it's ok to joke about one, but not about another, yet others might think otherwise. Therefore, I don't make a difference between them.

I'll laugh at whatever I want. I don't value subjects differently based on how they related to me. I feel empathy to both, but that won't stop me from joking.
Quote from BlueFlame :Everyone has teh ability to contract cancer, we all have the cells that can become aggressive. Like being fat, anyone can be fat. Generally people aren't born fat though, but you have the potential to be fat, and you already have fat when you are born. So it's not a good analogy, but it's similar.

Okay, so here's a quick list off the top of my head of things we CAN make fun of:
  • Dead People (everyone is born with the ability to contract death);
  • Women;
  • Dead Women;
  • Asthmathic People and other respiratory malfunctions;
  • Canceriginous Horses;
What else?
Quote from BlueFlame :To become steam ice needs to be heated. Cancer happens of its own accord, this is what I am saying. We all know you don't catch it from someone else, it is already within you, waiting to be activated. We are all born with cancer, it just lays dormant for some time, all of your life if you are lucky.

Nah, cancers are affiliated with exposure to radiation, chemical and toxic substances. Cancer don't just pop up randomly accross the population for no reason, just look at the stats.

We are not born with cancer.
Wow that's seriously retarded, rating disease taboo-ness by whether they're developed over time after birth or as a growing embryo (or technically, during fertilisation).

The reason I base what I laugh at on what I would feel if I was in that situation, is because I'm not stuck up my own arse, in thinking that I understand other people and assuming how OTHER PEOPLE feel. I know that I wouldn't feel so good I'm different and people are making fun of me. I know that if I had cancer, it wouldn't bother me if people made a joke about cancer on a horse. I hate when people say stop thinking about yourself, when will people realize all you can do, is think about yourself, because you can only GUESS what somebody else is thinking/feeling. You have to use your own experience and put YOURSELF in their position, to get the best guage on their situation.
Quote from BlueFlame :Cancer happens of its own accord, this is what I am saying.

Cancer has to be caused by something. Cells in one's body don't just start growing out of control for no reason. Just because we don't know every single thing that causes cancer does not mean that it happens on it's own.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Cancer has to be caused by something. Cells in one's body don't just start growing out of control for no reason. Just because we don't know every single thing that causes cancer does not mean that it happens on it's own.

No amount of avoiding it will stop it from happening, so how can something cause it? If you constantly avoid people (which means basically living in a box), how can something cause you to go to a party? (ignoring all moral obligations and logic and unforseen circumstance)
I think your logic is really flawed, something being unstoppable has nothing to do with it having no cause. (like, how does that make sense?)

And cancer isn't all uncurable, people had fully recovered from cancer before.

But again it being stoppable has nothing to do with either it has a cause or not.

To answer yet another very poor analogy of yours - if you constantly avoid people, which can't be solely down to your character at birth, but partially "caused" by your life experience and phycological difficulties, you still have some basic human need for socializing and interaction, and that will push you to eventually maybe go to a party.
Why don't you guys meet in a chat room or pm each other and debate this even more elaborately instead of spamming the funpic thread? The last 20 posts or so pissed me off more and more while scrolling down...

:gnasher:
Its all a lot easier if we just stay away from laughing at illness/disability completely, rather than trying to categorise some ilnesses/disabilities as funny and some as not, thats just an arse holes way of looking at things.
Quote from JJ72 :Nah, cancers are affiliated with exposure to radiation, chemical and toxic substances. Cancer don't just pop up randomly accross the population for no reason, just look at the stats.

We are not born with cancer.

Yup. But reasons are still unknow. Interesting theory is... "evolution"

My mother has cancer. She need to be taken care of. It's not a simple flu.

Yet i laughed at "cancer related" humor. I laugh at every tipe of humor as long as it meets my standards of humor. Laughing at it doesnt change my idea of something serious or sad; i laugh at a funny picture, i dont laugh of someone in a bad condition.
I dont laugh too at scrolling down pages of flame wars to find my daily funny pic in this thread.
It comes down to what we define as "bad taste". For some it's down syndrome humor to another guy could be other things. Not all the jokes make all people laugh. So i dont see bigproblem, when you find something bad taste for you scroll a little bit down and find somethinf more funny for you!
Sorry for bad english ...and now restart with some funny pics please!

And some funny wallpapers for you:
Attached images
Orange.jpg
iwolego.jpg
parents.gif
Raiders.png
what if someone with down's syndrome uses his "disabillity" to enable him to be a comedian? every hear of retarded police man? youtube knows.

Photo taken by my brother sometime ago haha.
This thread is closed

The inevitable picture thread III: Revenge of the funnies
(14533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG