The online racing simulator
What part of "UTC/GMT Offset" you didn't understand?
Why it can be that hard?
I have been waiting to use this one.....

or maybe it was this one....

I'm just not sure

For clarification UTC = GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). THIS IS ALWAYS THE CASE AND NEVER....EVER CHANGES.

Currently Britain is on BST (British Standard Time) therefore GMT +1

Therefore if an event was scheduled to take place at 19:00 UTC/GMT then it would take place at 20:00 local time in (Britain) before 25th October 2009.

Any date after the 25th October 2009 it would be 19:00.

See lfsworld and check the top left hand of the screen for a local time and UTC comparision.

(I hope I got that right...otherwise my team bosses are going to be pissed at me for making it worse)
Niall, just accept you're wrong and go back and spam somewhere else. I'm fed up of little kids like you ruining the entire LFS experience for anyone else who just wants to have some clean racing without controversy every once in a while. You're part of a plague that is gradually overcoming every aspect of the LFS community, and I wish you would stop, and piss off to some other community where your useless imput will be appreciated, because it certainly isn't appreciated here. I know I am not alone in thinking this; and this applies to all the other kids and adults alike who act like morons on this forum and in servers. You are ruining lfs.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :I have been waiting to use this

Therefore if an event was scheduled to take place at 19:00 UTC/GMT then it would take place at 20:00 local time in (Britain) before 25th October 2009.

Any date after the 25th October 2009 it would be 19:00.

This is what I was waiting, thanks for saying it finally.

And please don't delete my posts anymore, who ever did it, it wasn't smart. I was explaining you the thing, and you couldn't answer.
Why I asked that is because UTC/GMT in summer is one hour back than it is in winter, so if it would happen in UTC/GMT in summer, for me it would be 1 hour later than in winter. But if it's like Mackie said, then it's good. I was just waiting for an answer, but you deleted my post and couldn't answer it properly.

And when I was in LFSProseries.net, they had it at the same time UTC 19:00, but when it changed to summer time then they wrote UTC 18:00 so it would be at the same time which was correct, unlike you did.

Thanks, bye. Let's stop offtopic now, even if it wasn't offtopic. :P
Quote from andRo. :
And please don't delete my posts anymore, who ever did it, it wasn't smart. I was explaining you the thing, and you couldn't answer.
Why I asked that is because UTC/GMT in summer is one hour back than it is in winter, so if it would happen in UTC/GMT in summer, for me it would be 1 hour later than in winter. But if it's like Mackie said, then it's good. I was just waiting for an answer, but you deleted my post and couldn't answer it properly.

Best thing to do if you are ever unsure is to look at LFS World and as I said it will have the local time to UTC comparision in the top left.

A god send in my early days of league racing, just woefully unkown by many.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Niall, just accept you're wrong and go back and spam somewhere else. I'm fed up of little kids like you ruining the entire LFS experience for anyone else who just wants to have some clean racing without controversy every once in a while. You're part of a plague that is gradually overcoming every aspect of the LFS community, and I wish you would stop, and piss off to some other community where your useless imput will be appreciated, because it certainly isn't appreciated here. I know I am not alone in thinking this; and this applies to all the other kids and adults alike who act like morons on this forum and in servers. You are ruining lfs.

@andRo.

One thing I forgot to say earlier when I quoted you: just remember that the place you live being in summer time doesn't mean the rest of the world is.

Heck, we are/were on winter down here.

The event time must consider this. It should be doable for the most people everywhere, and we found that 19:00UTC is quite alright. So sorry if you can't 1 hour later.

@Passo: that's what I'm talking about.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Niall, just accept you're wrong and go back and spam somewhere else. I'm fed up of little kids like you ruining the entire LFS experience for anyone else who just wants to have some clean racing without controversy every once in a while. You're part of a plague that is gradually overcoming every aspect of the LFS community, and I wish you would stop, and piss off to some other community where your useless imput will be appreciated, because it certainly isn't appreciated here. I know I am not alone in thinking this; and this applies to all the other kids and adults alike who act like morons on this forum and in servers. You are ruining lfs.

How am I ruining lfs by telling you guys about the timezones?, anyway I'm sick of arguing as you can just keep deleting the posts and overruling everyones opinions.
Quote from n-murray :How am I ruining lfs by telling you guys about the timezones?, anyway I'm sick of arguing as you can just keep deleting the posts and overruling everyones opinions.

Quote from n-murray :How am I ruining lfs by telling you guys about the timezones?, anyway I'm sick of arguing as you can just keep deleting the posts and overruling everyones opinions.

I have a JCB if you want it.
Is it a red one? i hate yellow...
Should you make timezone thread for this?
Keep this in H2H
:bump:
Is this stil happening at all?
I was going to ask the same
Please be patient. Passo is at uni, I have my work and studies, Tim just got back.

We're pretty short on time, but we'd like to get this going (emphasis on "we'd like"). At this moment all I can say is that we don't know when it'll happen.

Any news, we'll post here.
ok,great
Yep, apologies for my lack of communication here. Du explained it pretty much perfectly. We'll post here when we get something sorted out.
Any news/info on when/if this is gona happen yet?
When I get the real internet back - and then get a server, and get organized for it to happen. It is in the plans, but first I need a job, relocation and the real internet vs what I have now.
We would love to help there Tim, just say the word
Quote from jasonmatthews :We would love to help there Tim, just say the word

Ye I'm sure there is alot of people with spare servers lying around, most of the big teams would, Id say. Also I'd say ALOT of people would be willing to help u run/admin the event (including me but 1)I want to compete in it and 2) i'm not sure much people would want me as an admin)
I know enough people are there to give a hand both with servers and administration but the thing is my internet can't handle it, and though I trust Michael and de Souza enough to run things I want to be there, both as an administrator and participant. I know H2H will make a comeback the timing is questionable though.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG