The online racing simulator
Adelaide as a track?
(52 posts, started )
Adelaide as a track?
I know LFS has no 'real' tracks due to licensing fees and what not.. but I figured that is possibly because most tracks are privately owned?

The Adelaide street circuit (http://www.clipsal500.com.au/2 ... ack-Map-2006-0123_001.jpg) may be possible as its mostly handled by the government, and they're always looking for ways to promote Adelaide anyway

What better way than being in LFS! Both parties win
Quote from kwijibo :I know LFS has no 'real' tracks due to licensing fees and what not.. but I figured that is possibly because most tracks are privately owned?

The Adelaide street circuit (http://www.clipsal500.com.au/2 ... ack-Map-2006-0123_001.jpg) may be possible as its mostly handled by the government, and they're always looking for ways to promote Adelaide anyway

What better way than being in LFS! Both parties win

WOW Looks really nice this track! First "chicanne" seems to be amazingly fast and dangerous
The best part of that track is the section of corners after the back straight, before the start/finish line. The track is available for GPL and I guess it's quite similar. All the corners of this track are hard in GPL
Devs!!!!
#5 - axus
Yes! Please!
Wasn't Adelaide in the F1 calendar in the 90s? I'm sure I drove it in Geoff Crammond's F1GP. Very interesting track
In that case why not just have the Nordschleife as that's a public road.

Immmagine............
Attached images
Nordschleife.JPG
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Wasn't Adelaide in the F1 calendar in the 90s?

Yes it was, Häkkinen had that bad crash there.
and why not LeMans!! well its owned by ACO (Automobile Club de l'Ouest) so its not really public, although the Hunaudières straight is a public road! imagine the FZR in that fabulous straight !! vavavooooooooouuuuuummm, but you're right Bramski , i want the nurburgring so baaaaadd too!!!
#10 - Goop
T8 at Adelaide in GTRs! :up:
Nurnburgring...Nurnburgring...Nurnburgring...Nurnburgring...Nurnburgring...Nurnburgring...Nurnburgring
I see others have google earth
It would be awesome to Adelaide in LFS. It was the F1 GP track from 85-96 and was revered as one of the best street circuits in the world. It's still in use as a V8 Supercar track. I used to live across the road, earlier this century, and I'd ride into the city to work across the infield section (set in a horse-racing course) during the build-up to the big V8 race they have there every year (Clipsal 500, awesome event - just had it last weekend). Eventually they fence it all off but for a time you can just wander around pit straight where all the stands and pit garages were being built. Quite a nice ride to work actually! You go across the horse track and you're at the final hairpin, then you ride down the pit straight and through T1/2 (Senna Chicane - awesome), out of the parklands and you're in the city..

In the late 90s (I think) they started using a shorter sprint version of the track for the V8s. That's the version with the turn of death, the 200kmh Turn 8 (I think they should just call it "Safety Car Corner")...it certainly claimed its fair share of victims at the 500 this year :yikes: I can just imagine the carnage if 2 guys tried to go side-by-side through there in GTRs :eek:

This would definitely be a great LFS track (both versions are available for GPL and there's a sprint version for the netKar namie). Who knows if we'll ever see it, but there's nothing wrong with dreaming..
I realise there are probably numerous other non-private tracks around too.. but I thought this would be a case of both parties wanting to work together, kinda like the MRT thing.

It'd be good that it could have 2 configurations too, the old F1 track and the newer V8 track. if it happens, I'll live if it doesn't
Quote from Bramski :In that case why not just have the Nordschleife as that's a public road.

Immmagine............

Or...

Whats the problem to make same track as some "real" but jaust not call it like in real....?

It could may be solutions.
There are a million public circuts, and there may well be legal reasons they can't be used in LFS. Sponsors who host the races for example?

Anyway, I also remember the devs saying they don't have a huge interest in making RL tracks for LFS. Sorry to disappoint, but I don't think it'll happen soon.
Did the F1 adelaide track go straight at the top, through the chciane and around G6 (gate 6)?
Certainly did - but the fast kink in the old straight was too severe (nearly killing Häkkinen, but due to an emergency tracheostomy with a pen he only suffered deafness in one ear, and even that improved), so they made the track duller to cope.

Sorry about the typo, I do know how to spell Häkkinen (though you'd be lucky to get the ä normally).
Häkkinen tristan, with two ks and with ä...just had to say that.
What with a pen???
I saw a GP in Adelaide in '93 - Senna's last victory. Awesome time.
PS the kink in the current layout is lethal too for the V8s who currently race there. There have been a few huge accidents.
One of my great hopes is that eventually we can have user made tracks in LFS with automatic track downloading. I for one would like to make a few tracks. Fan-media is a great way to navigate license fee's as it's freely distributed.

Re Le Mans: The start/finish section is not public road and is privately owned so couldn't be done freely, infact there's numerous circuit configurations there for club racing all around the start/finish section - there's some motorbike race school there too of some kind.

One track i'd like to see is Baathurst rather than Adelaide or the 'ring - that'd be awesome with a 'Holden' V8 . I didn't think the 'ring had been used for racing in decades - was it '77/78 or thereabouts when they closed it? I may be wrong as I am no expert on the tracks history but I thought it only opened again as a track day course in recent years ?

There's some interesting oddities in the back catalogue of F1 too such as Ajax which was basically a section autobarn where the cars turned around at motorway junctions and then blasted back down for the return section (which would please the drag crowd who want a 'real' race!)

If user made tracks did become a reality we might also get Spa Francochamps ... which lets face it: Is the greatest race circuit in the world, ever.
Ajax ... do you mean Avus? Because that was basically up one side of an autobahn, around a right kink then a tight left hairpin, down the other side of the autobahn, round a ridiculously steep banked turn (which was paved with bricks!), start again...an insanely fun and deadly track in a 3 litre 400hp GPL banger
They stopped using it during the 50s I think as it claimed a few lives. Big surprise.
Yes I believe I do mean Avus, your description is about right. I *think* it was only used once but what a great concept

Adelaide as a track?
(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG