The online racing simulator
UKLFS FOX League Signup
(115 posts, started )
UKLFS FOX League Signup
Hello fellow racers!

The UKLFS Formula XR League signup page is now open for... eh, signups...

If you do not know what this league entails then please may I refer you back to the original thread which we created back on RaceSimCentral.

You can signup for our league at http://www.uklfs.co.uk.

The league starts on Monday, so ye better grab yer spot quicksharp.
Was looking at the threads on RSC regarding your league; looks good i've signed up. One thing i think you should change is the points structure (very minor) instead of: 15,13,10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1; it should really be; 15,12,10... so a bigger gap between 1st and 2nd than between 2nd and 3rd.
I agree, first place should really get some more points advantage.

So I'd be for 15,10,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1. That way winning is really something special (as it should be I think, even if there's just a 0.1s gap, second place is first loser... ).
#4 - Phlos
I'm in
Quote from Phlos :I'm in

I might do this as well mate. Would be good.
I'd be really grateful if someone could post a fast BL set cause i cant find one anywhere, all i have managed with my SO classic set on bl is a 1:11.8... so i need a good set pls. it only takes a few seconds to attach one to a post.

Here is mine incase anyone is even worse off than me and no one posts a good set.
Attached files
FORMULA XR_Classic CRJ700.set - 132 B - 365 views
Sounds good, are you guys linked to UKGTR? (Of which im part of also)

Edit: Nuts, just checked RSCnet thread, you're not - ignore my question
I'm in (I was the first to sign up I think). Can't wait. Just hope I didn't peak to soon in the first practice session.
By the way, is the server still up? Or does it only go up for events?

I'd like a nice place to practice with other contenders.
Hi racers.
signed up if you have room for a crappy backmarker lol,at least on bw gp
I'm in too... After racing the FOX for the very first time in my life, and getting to within 0.4 seconds of Tristan's PB (which he then downed to sub 1:02, grrr) I wanna race this car in a competition.
Hi guys!

Very nice response so far to the league sign up. In fact probably too nice a response as there are too many people to fit in the server. Tomorrow I will think about what do to about this, perhaps some sort of fair and equal selection process might be in order. But don't let that put you off signing up if you have not done so already, the more the merrier. We'll sort something out.

Yes the [UKLFS] Race Server runs 24/7, it is only put onto private for the league events, 90% of the time it is a public server.

We are sort of linked to UKGTR, but not in a proper way. One of our members helped organise UKGTR in the early days, but they don't help out with the league so much any more.

I'm up for changing the points system, what you say makes sense. I'll take it into consideration.

Thanks!
I'vesigned up. Looking forward to competing in this one.
Quote from TagForce :I'm in too... After racing the FOX for the very first time in my life, and getting to within 0.4 seconds of Tristan's PB (which he then downed to sub 1:02, grrr) I wanna race this car in a competition.

Pwn3d

Seriously TagForce, that was impressive learning. Just try to be braver in the FOX - it likes to go faster than it tells you it can. On light fuel the chicane can be flat. With warm tyres and 30% fuel a tiny lift on turn in is all thats needed. Honest.
Offtopic:
Quote :
On light fuel the chicane can be flat.

Yeah, I'm getting there... It's just annoying that it's blind, and in a 20 lap race I really don't wanna mess up that chicane. I wasn't only learning how to drive that track in that car... I was learning how to drive that car period. I'll be competitive in the league, though.

Ontopic:
Quote :
In fact probably too nice a response as there are too many people to fit in the server. Tomorrow I will think about what do to about this, perhaps some sort of fair and equal selection process might be in order. But don't let that put you off signing up if you have not done so already, the more the merrier. We'll sort something out.

2 races? Faster drivers and slower drivers in seperate heats? That way everyone can race, and the races will be competitive.
Quote from TagForce :2 races? Faster drivers and slower drivers in seperate heats? That way everyone can race, and the races will be competitive.

If we do that on one server on the same night, that's gonna be one looooong evening. But if there is only one server available, maybe we could have league A on mondays and a leaugue B on sundays or something.
Signed..
Quote from TagForce :
2 races? Faster drivers and slower drivers in seperate heats? That way everyone can race, and the races will be competitive.

Agreed, that would be best - if we can get enough people. To be honest, even if there's only ten in the slower division, it will still be better (more fun to race ten similar speed people than a race of 20 entrants, and only a handful similar in pace to me).

Also, I agree with the posts about the point structure. It might be better to have even more point scoring places, say, the first 14/15 finishers - this way there is a competitive element for the entire grid during the season. Otherwise, those guys who normally finish around 14th-18th will be able to have a competitive season, in place of being tied on zero points for the duration.
The idea of running two leagues has been discussed but, while we support the idea in theory, for this league which starts on Monday evening we will just be keeping it to one championship at a time. One reason is that we don't actually have the time to give two whole nights over to the league at the moment, and as was pointed out previously having four races running on one night would take too long.

Another reason is that this is the first large public league which we have run, we don't want to make things too complex at first while we are really still finding our feet. We will run other leagues in the future though, we have a few interesting ideas of how a multi-league system could work.

From the current batch of signers we will be selecting drivers based on several criteria, the aim to have a full field of 20 drivers who will race fairly and competitively.
Darktimes, could you maybe give an indication what these criteria are going to be? Hotlaps?
Definitely not hotlaps, I don't think that how fast a driver goes is a measure of how good they are.

We're going on quite a few things, I'm not going to claim that it's a completely fair and equitable system (despite my earlier post ;p ), it's mostly based on what I know about the drivers who have signed up and what I can learn from looking at LFSWorld.

Connection speed is an easy one we can use to prune the list a bit, I think everyone can appreciate why we prefer people with broadband, especially if we are planning on having 20 drivers.

Generally the main factor is going to be experience, distance travelled, race finishes, race wins etc... I will also look at lap times, I want to make sure that someone isn't going to be five seconds off the pace, but it's not going to be foremost in my mind.
Quote :
Generally the main factor is going to be experience, distance travelled, race finishes, race wins etc... I will also look at lap times, I want to make sure that someone isn't going to be five seconds off the pace, but it's not going to be foremost in my mind.

Right... Which would mean I'm probably out...
I understand you'll have to make choices, but I'm not sure if LFSWorld is the way to go. I've only really run the FZR and the FO8 on ovals... And I'm not particularly fast in it (although I have my share of wins)... I only found out about the FOX yesterday.

Just out of curiosity... How many people have signed up so far?
In the meantime, maybe it would be a good idea to switch the UKLFS server to Blackwood (it's on AS Club now), so that we can practice there and you can have a chance to observe the applicants' driving skills.
Oh I would wait and see TagForce, don't go jumping the gun. Distance travelled is relative to the other people who signed up remember...

Last time I looked there was about 30-35 people...

Edit: Server switched to Blackwood, 10 laps, man pit. I'll be on tonight hopefully for an hour or so, hope to see some of you there...

UKLFS FOX League Signup
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG