UKLFS FOX League Signup
(115 posts, started )
^ thats a bit harsh

and ill take #92
I didn't received any emails

I'm not in ?
Quote from Phlos :I didn't received any emails

I'm not in ?

Yep, you're not in his gang, I think......
Ok
Quote from Phlos :I didn't received any emails

I'm not in ?

You signed up and didn't get selected even though you won both practice races? That doesn't seem fair somehow...
Quote from joshdifabio :You signed up and didn't get selected even though you won both practice races? That doesn't seem fair somehow...

It sounds quite weird indeed
So no email, no race aye?
Let Darktimes explain before flaming him. Maybe his selection procedure was random, or maybe he took into account of factors other than speed/racecraft.

Oh well...
Quote from tristancliffe :Let Darktimes explain before flaming him. Maybe his selection procedure was random, or maybe he took into account of factors other than speed/racecraft.

Oh well...

I think he looked at LFSW hotlaps.. I run in about 1-2 seconds from WR at the long tracks, but I don't upload my times to LFSW. Nobody warned me about somebody will pick people to that "leagueueue" by some hotlaps or something else..
I hadn't done any hotlaps at the time so that's not right.
nm i am an idiot
I'm not in because i use mouse + keyboard (he removed all people not using a wheel) :ices_rofl
So he thought i was fast because i use mouse ... a bit unfair for wheel drivers ? :spin:

DarkTimes you should try mouse + keyboard, you will see if it is easier to drive than a wheel
It would be more fair to say "We don't want you because you are too fast" than "We don't want you because you are not using a wheel".

Definitely the most stupid decision to prevent me from racing and winning a league. :thumbsdow
Quote from Phlos :Definitely the most stupid decision to prevent me from racing and winning a league. :thumbsdow

Absolutely agree. So, it is life of UK.
Judging by the speed in the event, you might not have won Phlos. I think DT made the right decision personally (but I use a wheel :P)...

Anyway, qual=5th, sprint=4th (penultimate lap mistake, was 3rd), Feature=DNF (little slide into barriers caused an LFS Special flying up in the air crash which wrecked my suspension. I WISH LFS would sort the barrier collision detection somehow.

Anyway. I got a few points, but a lot less than I would have if I'd driven like I drove last week (my most perfect driving ever).

EDIT: To the guy that won the sprint race (don't know about feature race as I left to reduce load on server and stop distracting people), may I try your setup? Can you PM it to me? Alternatively, can I try your set Phlos, even though it's for mouse?
Meh

Not a good evening. First sprint race was ruined by someone who spun on the first lap on the straight and let their car roll backwards across the track at about 5mph .

Second race was ruined because I thought we were going to have a 5 min gap and start the race at 21:05 (teletext time lol) but as I just about left the room the race started so I missed the start.

Quote from Samiad :Second race was ruined because I thought we were going to have a 5 min gap and start the race at 21:05 (teletext time lol) but as I just about left the room the race started so I missed the start.

You should have joined anyway mate... there were only 11 finishers. I had a disaster of a feature race, mulitple spins (all my own fault I think), a drive-thru... and still managed 9th so get a couple of points., I'm well happy with that, top ten was my goal

Gotta admit I'm glad Blackwood is over, it's definately my least favourite track. Onto Aston National we go
Well, my race was pretty good.

The sprint race wasn't funny as I got smash'd by some spinners and tripping over Xero didn't help matters :\ but it was a racing incident so no more on that topic. But somehow, my damaged car ended up being faster than my normal as I had to feather it around corners and slowly learnt the right way to get into the corners so I finished 8th after some good battles

Race was much better as it was a clean getaway and slowly moving up the order up to a peak of 2nd before my pitstop. After that it was plain sailing just getting the car home in 3rd. So in all, 13 points isn't a bad haul. I'm sorry for those who didn't finish but the whole league race wasn't so bad for its first outing.

Looking forward to the next one.
overall i think that it was really fun

i managed to qualify 13th which i was really chuffed with,expected back row

first race i got 10th after avoiding all the accident

second race was a disaster,span early on damages my car had to pit early which ruined my strategy,then had a coming together around lap 20 because i was in a bit of a trance state,not used to long races,and sorry who i took out with me there,just lost focus.

then got outa the sand but lost so much time and came last with more spins at the end with my tires dying

was my first ever league event tho and i really enjoyed it,props to the UKLFS guys for organising this
Hmmm... I'll be darned... 6th and 5th I think... Someone spun in the sprint and I could do nothing to avoid him except brake... Not hard enough, unfortunately. Drove with a bent car the rest of the race and still managed to do ok.
The feature was ok, until I messed up the chicane and ruined my LF... After that it was all I could do to maintain my position.

Quote :
little slide into barriers caused an LFS Special flying up in the air crash which wrecked my suspension.

I was praying you wouldn't roll through and take me out with you, but it looked great from where I was sitting...

Other than that it was fun following you around and watching your laptimes and seeing my times improve towards yours again! I had done a few laps on BL though... Still managed to slice off almost 4 secs off my pb.

Some tips for the league admins:
You have a good package going, but I'd like to see the off-race organisation a little less chaotic... Make some guidelines for the qual/race starttimes...
Say... Like... After Qual give a 5 minute break then start the race... After the race, have everyone lock in to their grid positions, and THEN give them a 5 minute break... Make sure nobody is AFK and THEN start the race.
Other than that (which nobody ever gets right first time out, though) it was a hoot...
Thanks VIP... I'll be sure to use that one next time I race on Blackwood
Great thanks VIP. What is your pb with that set? You were setting some stunning times tonight (I thought - you might have felt your were slow or something). I'm guessing it looks after the tyres a bit too, as you didn't have any problems in either race from what I saw.

Thanks again.

To Darktimes - perhaps if the Schedule had the start times of every session:
7pm Practice
8pm Qualifiying 20 mins
8.25pm Sprint Race
5 minute break
9.00 Feature Race

Obviously, you can't be too precise over the start time of the longer race, as it depends on the previous race. But I felt there was too much hanging around. This wasn't helped by people waiting until 4 minutes into the break before deciding to go to the toilet, which is out of your control DT...
bad race for me.

good quali, good start to sprint race. Then admins restarted for no reason and the restart lagged resulting in me getting shunted on first corner on the restart. Then realised that feature race starting was dependent on sprint race finish and therefore i started last before being spun on the third lap.........
Quote from tristancliffe :Great thanks VIP. What is your pb with that set?

Yes. 1.09.360
my race, blackwood rounds 1 and 2
Qualify
after practicing with a lot of fuel on board for the race, the qualifying fuel load gave me wings it seemed. The first stints of three laps weren't too good, I only managed a 1:10.7x. It got a bit better in stint 4, 1:10.3x. But the last stint was awesome. I just beated the flag, so the last lap had to count! And it did, drove my PB of 1:09.74 there, just beating Tristans' time for place 4 on the grid!

Round 1
Well, I guess I opened the bottle of champagne too soon. The race started terrible. I couldn't get the heat in the tires the first few laps, so in lap 2 in the chicane I kissed the wall, rubbing off quite some speed. Lost a few places but managed to get in the slipstream of nr 6 on the straight. Went in his gearbox through the righthander but lost the car due to loss of downforce in the S-turns. I rejoined the race in 12th position. A damaged car, but finally found the pace. So making my way through the field to finish 7th eventually. Not bad considering all the mistakes in the start of the race.

Round 2
Started off 7th in a uneventfull race for me. It was interesting to see how close the times were. I was following no 3 and 4 but had troubles closing the gap, it decreased very slowly. I changed the pit strategy a little bit as I used less fuel than expected. After the stops I raced TagForce for the 4th position until he made a mistake in the chicane leaving the 4th position to me. Too bad Tag, I'm sure we would have a great fight in the end ...

all in all it were very nice races. See ya all next week at Aston!

UKLFS FOX League Signup
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG