The online racing simulator
-OsR- Old skool Racing
(115 posts, started )
Quote from broken :he wants to host SC's cruise server

I see so we just need someone else to host it and it will be back up. Anyway, are there any other "racing for fun" servers as I prefer those kind

xD
What makes you think that if I host it i'll make trouble hmmm???
I could host Broken. May be a bit laggy for you guys over in Europe. Also will have to wait till the end of this month, apparently a wire snapped down somewhere in my city cutting off all Verizon Fiber Optics customers. They got it back up but for some reason we are all capped.
Quote from (The Stig) :What makes you think that if I host it i'll make trouble hmmm???

You have caused far too many trouble for -OsT- already. Say it this way: You an admin in -OsR-? Or even: You having direct access to the InSim app. with a possibility to download it? No thank you, I will pass.
The very short answer to your question would be: Personal experience.

Quote from master_lfs.5101 :I could host Broken. May be a bit laggy for you guys over in Europe. Also will have to wait till the end of this month, apparently a wire snapped down somewhere in my city cutting off all Verizon Fiber Optics customers. They got it back up but for some reason we are all capped.

Thanks. I will think about it. I have 2 other options tho(42D Fortitude offered support, and so did Lightning Servers), so if it will be somewhat hard for you to manage this then you don't have to put more worries on your mind.
Well, the OsR server was always empty, so SC asked could they use it to run the cruise insim,

And it took 2 days for anyone to contact me saying it was offline

but now, it seems to be empty again, so if OsR want it back on, and it stays busy, i`ll change it back to OsR.

Mick
It was not "always empty". A lot of racing action happened, but you were hardly ever on. However, I can explain why nobody was connecting the last time I was in with you:
1: The cruise setting was set to "yes". => Hosting list would look like: -OsR- Old skool Racing [cruise]
2: A cruise insim app. was running. => Even if some racer connects(would hardly happen with cruise set to yes) they will instantly leave.
3: -OsR-'s own insim app. was off.
4: Track was set to AS5. And iirc there was a cruise layout on.

Currently I am planning to learn some C++ and try to recode the OsR insim app so that it can run on 42D's dedi, since I believe that they will be more serious about -OsR-.

As for contacting you:
1: You are not very often online on msn
and 2: You should have contacted me, before turning it off, to let me know what your intentions are. Would have been more polite, imo.
And correct me if I'm wrong but SC servers aren't any much busier than -OsR-, and they already have a cruise server.
Quote from lfsworld (Jan 25, 2010 15:30) :
[SC] Cruise Demo | 0/15
[SC] Cruise Server | 0/47
[SC] Cruise Server 1 | 0/32

No, I am not wrong actually.

And another thing: It is not entirely up to me if the server will be busy or not. True - I was busy this month with a lot of stuff, but why was it always needed me, rep or a 42D member to be online for people to start connecting?
-
(speed1230) DELETED by speed1230
:wtf2: AS5 with cruise layout? What's that doing there?

Quote from broken :but why was it always needed me, rep or a 42D member to be online for people to start connecting?

Should I just stay there AFK so someone could come on?
[...]

No, you don't have to stay there unless you really want it. No one will ever make you stay in the server if you don't want to. And staying there AFK is a bit pointless, but it is a fact that indeed a lot more people will see the server, since it won't be filtered as empty anymore.
I did go in, after 5pm, sat there for over a hour, and still no connects,

well its upto you, you either want to use it or not,
Quote from Mikjen :I did go in, after 5pm, sat there for over a hour, and still no connects,

well its upto you, you either want to use it or not,

s2 seems empty demo normally has people we got a full demo server a few hours ago...
Ok, I decided to get the server back for a while. The stats are of course intact.

The track at the moment is set to Oval (KY1). So if you want to have some fun on the server, you are more than welcome to visit.

The server is back up thanks to Lightning Servers.

See you on the track(or if not me, you will at least see Ales ).
L-S homepage got hacked ?
Edit: The site seems to be working normally again.

In case you need to visit LS' site use this link: http://lightning-servers.co.cc/index2.php

I don't see how the index.php file can be hacked, unless someone with access to the webhost account decided to mess it up, but anyway, as long as you don't press the "Home" button, you should be able to browse around the site, I hope.
Woo, got bored of LFS since there was nothing to go on
Server back online
Is it? Host not found on master server
Online now,

Check PM
This Thread is just like -osr- server.

DEAD & EMPTY
Thanks for the spam, mate.
Well, the server is up and running normally now. You are all more than welcome to come.

Also our 1000th player joined today. There are 1010 players registered, at the time I am posting this.
#71 - PoVo
Congrats
-
(speed1230) DELETED by speed1230
He didn't seem to care though
Reached up to 1022 at the time I'm posting this
Was 1063 IIRC yesterday.
It's been a while but we've reached 1400 players in the player database - it's increased a lot since I last posted
Sorry for double posting but the server is down just now - did something happen?

-OsR- Old skool Racing
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG