The online racing simulator
ffs
The move is part of what the German car maker described as a ‘landmark’ decision to restructure its motorsport activities.

It looks like Mario hasn't called the decision but if he did then I think it's something to do with them falling out with the FIA. I think they just don't wanna continue cos they know they are gonna suck but they have SO much to race for because Mercedes race with Brawn AND McLaren, maybe it's the McLaren victory that has made this decision by BMW. They must have thought that if they could match McLaren in the season they would continue, but if McLaren started showing better results they would call it a day.

Kubica and Heidfeld up for grabs, sad to say but I think one of them is going to miss out, I mean, Kubica is damn quick, and Heidfeld "Mr Consistancy" constantly finnishes races and is good as team player but no team will have them BOTH. USF1 won't want a German or a Pole maybe these other teams coming in will want them, I hope so, I like Kubica, and even thought I don't really mind Nick Heidfeld, it would be sad to see them not on the grid.
what might happen is that this could cost wurtz his rumoured place with USF1 as heidfeld is a similar driver in terms of experience and reputation for testing and development and has current regs race experience and is easier to fit into a car
Quote from tinvek :what might happen is that this could cost wurtz his rumoured place with USF1 as heidfeld is a similar driver in terms of experience and reputation for testing and development and has current regs race experience and is easier to fit into a car

That sounds about right, thought I don't remember the names of these other teams supposed to be arriving, but maybe one of them can hire Kubica and/or Wurtz.
Wonderful. Although I fear for his reputation should he be a bit slow.

Kimi's not going to like it!!!
:spyoda: Another Mansell, it will turn out to be
given that he's more relxed these days and showing his sense of humour more (top gear etc) i recon he'll not be too concerened about his reputation. he's come out of retirement, he's not looking to restart his career etc which wasn't the case with mansell.

if he gets reasonably close to kimi everyone will be impressed, if he's a bit slow, everyone will say he quit at the right time and if he's quicker than kimi then it's kimi, and by association massa, who have to worry about their reputations plus given the events last weekend and BMWs anouncement, F1 needs a good story at the moment. just pray he doesn't get hurt
Schumacher has been karting a lot recently and has shown some very very good speed and fitness so I don't think those factors should be too much of a worry. It's ring rustiness that may be a problem regarding set up and team. Hamilton/Kimi/Schumacher/Alonso - could we ask for more?

Also I think there is a hint of keeping Massa's seat safe as well as we know Michael is very fond of Felipe!
Quote from NotAnIllusion ::spyoda: Another Mansell, it will turn out to be

Right so 3 retirements, a 10th, a 4th and a win. Not bad considering :P

I'm positive he'll do okay, you can't really lose all of that talent he had tbh. It'll be interesting to see him duelling with Hamilton

Quote from Intrepid :Hamilton/Kimi/Schumacher/Alonso - could we ask for more?

Alonso won't be there in Valencia as far as we know remember.
Well I think most people won't be expecting too much from him, so as long as he isn't terribad he should be OK.
this is awesome !

hamilton will get his dream accomplished ( racing against shuey )

my '' hero '' will race again

and i hope that he qualifes on the front row and wins it with his zee kers !
Quote from el pibe :and i hope that he qualifes on the front row and wins it with his zee kers !

I hope he retires in T1 each race.
why so much hatred towards one dude from your country ?
Ha, now this will be interesting to watch Is it only for Valencia or what?
Oh ok..
f1.gpupdate.net also has a short story about Schumachers return..

But personally i'm with zeugnimod and would like to see him not making it past T1
First thing I said to mate on skype.

"Hilarious if he crashed out in T1 or lap 1, damn the media would make millions "
Schumacher has been permitted extra test drives in the new car... it smells for me that Ferrari took a FIA + Ecclestone favorite to gain more test time for the car. The Ffactories are supposed to be closed for 2 weeks and no testings to be done until the next race...

source was a TV channal's night news, but I cannot find any statement about it.
Hah, the FIA is so corrupt. :rolleyes:

Then again, this is an out of the ordinary situation, but I bet the FIA wouldn't do the same favour for other teams.
that's atleast how I understood the report of the night news on TV...
Will it be in the current car? What do the other teams thing? How come Torro Rosso weren't allowed to do the same thing? Do you have a source for that? Straight line tests, or ones with proper corners?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG